my life in a shitty nutshell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: my life in a shitty nutshell
(21-10-2014 05:11 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 05:06 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Let her use it until she can save up for her own car. Make it a condition. If you move out, she doesn't need to spend as much money for food, she could use that money to save up for one in her name, and then you can repossess the car in yours.

Also, I understand the compulsion to help out others. It is something I still maintain is one of your greatest traits, but you do not need to bend yourself over and take it simply to help. You can help without the need of giving everything up completely.

There is a middle ground here, we just have to find it.

My mom literally does not save money though. That's why I still don't have a car, because any time we've attempted to make a plan for "saving for another car" for me specifically, she literally never saves her money, but she's able to put money on my card for purchasing tons of stuff online and buying a $300 flat screen from my uncle.

Either she learns, or you repossess it. I'd hate to be the guy that would be willing to advocate you leave your mother to her own devices, but if she is not able to learn to save, or does not make an effort, it is not worth fucking up your future to keep her afloat.

I advocate helping, but not sacrificing too much.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
21-10-2014, 05:18 PM
I still say that if you find somewhere else to go and refuse to use your money to bail her out, she will figure out a way. She isn't new to figuring things like this out. But you now have access to funds and she wants every penny she can weasel out of you.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
21-10-2014, 05:21 PM
(21-10-2014 05:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I still say that if you find somewhere else to go and refuse to use your money to bail her out, she will figure out a way. She isn't new to figuring things like this out. But you now have access to funds and she wants every penny she can weasel out of you.

I'd like to say she'd figure out a way, but I am not making any assumptions on this.

Ferdy, do not let her just take the money that is yours. Either you give her the opprotunity to better herself, without fucking yourself over, or you get the fuck out of dodge.

I would 100% advise against dipping into your college fund to facilitate your mother at this time. Nothing good will come of it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
(21-10-2014 05:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I still say that if you find somewhere else to go and refuse to use your money to bail her out, she will figure out a way. She isn't new to figuring things like this out. But you now have access to funds and she wants every penny she can weasel out of you.

Exactly. And then it will be something else that requires her to be bailed out.
21-10-2014, 05:23 PM
(21-10-2014 05:21 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  

And take your damn bank card from her! That money you have is for school, not a new TV.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-10-2014, 05:24 PM
(21-10-2014 05:21 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  

I wonder if we can really make this assumption.

21-10-2014, 05:26 PM
(21-10-2014 05:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 05:21 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Exactly. And then it will be something else that requires her to be bailed out.

Prior actions and a drug habit say yes.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
21-10-2014, 05:26 PM
(21-10-2014 05:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 05:21 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Exactly. And then it will be something else that requires her to be bailed out.

After the boyfriend using Ferdi's SSN to claim her on his taxes - I put nothing past what will be done to use her for financial gain.

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
21-10-2014, 05:27 PM
oops double post Blush