my life in a shitty nutshell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2014, 06:19 PM
RE: my life in a shitty nutshell
(21-10-2014 06:16 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 06:04 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Do whatever you feel you need to do. I will not voice my opinion on the two choices. However I have follow up questions:

Let's say you go with Scenario 1: Will you and your sister be provided for in a capacity? If so, is this capacity better than scenario 2?

Scenario 2: Let's say you repossess the car, what will you do with it? How will you ensure she saves, or has gotten it insured? Will you sell it and possibly go back to scenario 1?

Scenario 1: I would be provided for because I have reliable options to stay with. My sister I'm not too sure about, and I'm not capable of taking care of her. My mom and sister, if they do become homeless, would probably move in with one of my aunts.

Scenario 2: Well if I were forced to repossess it I'd probably immediately move in with a friend, but I know that if I leave home on negative terms with my mom she's going to keep some of my possessions from me. If I leave home on good terms with my mom she won't care what I take when I move. I'd know she was saving because she'd be adding the money to a bank account that I own, so I could monitor what money was put into the account. As for making sure the she constantly has it insured, idk. I'd probably ask for a statement of some kind if she receives one.

What are the chances of your mother agreeing to either scenario?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2014, 06:21 PM
(21-10-2014 06:18 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 06:16 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Scenario 1: I would be provided for because I have reliable options to stay with. My sister I'm not too sure about, and I'm not capable of taking care of her. My mom and sister, if they do become homeless, would probably move in with one of my aunts.

Scenario 2: Well if I were forced to repossess it I'd probably immediately move in with a friend, but I know that if I leave home on negative terms with my mom she's going to keep some of my possessions from me. If I leave home on good terms with my mom she won't care what I take when I move. I'd know she was saving because she'd be adding the money to a bank account that I own, so I could monitor what money was put into the account. As for making sure the she constantly has it insured, idk. I'd probably ask for a statement of some kind if she receives one.
If you did stay and help her, and if you had a proper contract drawn up as some people have suggested, you could always add clauses that entitle you legally to any possessions you are worried about her trying to deny you. That way if she did try and keep them from you, you could always sue for their return.

This would add some protection on that front, if you choose to go that path. Make it all legally binding. Do not give your mother room to say "BUT..." If you agree to help her out, it HAS to be on your terms, and only your terms.

21-10-2014, 06:23 PM
(21-10-2014 06:19 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 06:16 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Scenario 1: I would be provided for because I have reliable options to stay with. My sister I'm not too sure about, and I'm not capable of taking care of her. My mom and sister, if they do become homeless, would probably move in with one of my aunts.

What are the chances of your mother agreeing to either scenario?

Hard to say because of how unpredictable and indecisive she is, as well as how passive aggressive she can be about things.

When everything happened, she told me she didn't want my grant money for anything involving this situation. Then, she later stated "You're going to have to use your grant money to pay my tickets and court fees." I also earlier mentioned how today she sat me down and was like "You need to make arrangements to live somewhere else" and then minutes later she was like "You'd probably leave me and your sister in this situation anyways"
21-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Is she using? Is that the reason she doesn't want to go to the hospital?

I ask because of the crazy flip-flopping.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-10-2014, 06:26 PM
(21-10-2014 06:23 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 06:19 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  What are the chances of your mother agreeing to either scenario?

Hard to say because of how unpredictable and indecisive she is, as well as how passive aggressive she can be about things.

When everything happened, she told me she didn't want my grant money for anything involving this situation. Then, she later stated "You're going to have to use your grant money to pay my tickets and court fees." I also earlier mentioned how today she sat me down and was like "You need to make arrangements to live somewhere else" and then minutes later she was like "You'd probably leave me and your sister in this situation anyways"

Hug

21-10-2014, 06:27 PM
(21-10-2014 06:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Is she using? Is that the reason she doesn't want to go to the hospital?

No, or she hasn't been recently. Usually when she does anything, it isn't often, and she tells me about it (or I just know because when she does meth she stays up night and day cleaning the entire friggin house.)
21-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Legally binding or nothing. Tell her you want to help but she's gotta be agreeable and hold up her end of the deal. My bet is she's gonna try to manipulate you, so have your bases covered.

If there's an aunt your mom and sister would live with in the event of getting evicted, go ahead and call her in case your mom doesn't agree to your conditions for help. Then you can leave you mom and your sister will have a place to live while your mom pays her fines in jail.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
21-10-2014, 06:33 PM
(21-10-2014 06:27 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 06:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Is she using? Is that the reason she doesn't want to go to the hospital?

No, or she hasn't been recently. Usually when she does anything, it isn't often, and she tells me about it (or I just know because when she does meth she stays up night and day cleaning the entire friggin house.)

Oh FFS...meth...christ.

She isn't worried about what's best for you. That shit's bad news - a little or a lot. If she can come up with meth, she can come up with money for things that are needed.

Crap - just crap.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
21-10-2014, 06:35 PM
(21-10-2014 06:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 06:27 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  No, or she hasn't been recently. Usually when she does anything, it isn't often, and she tells me about it (or I just know because when she does meth she stays up night and day cleaning the entire friggin house.)

Oh FFS...meth...christ.

She isn't worried about what's best for you. That shit's bad news - a little or a lot. If she can come up with meth, she can come up with money for things that are needed.

Crap - just crap.

Reasons why Anj should just be my mom tbh
[+] 7 users Like Ferdinand's post
21-10-2014, 06:37 PM
(21-10-2014 06:35 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 06:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Oh FFS...meth...christ.

Crap - just crap.

Reasons why Anj should just be my mom tbh

My grandson's father chose meth over his son. Hope he is enjoying his extended stay in jail this time after taking that little boy to a meth cook. Fuck, fuck, fuck!

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post