my mental health- Am a mess

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2016, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2016 12:41 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
RE: my mental health- Am a mess
As I've learnt in my recovery from alcoholism, mindfulness is a powerful coping tool. Removing oneself from the current of one's emotions, becoming an observer rather than a participant, is a great method, for me, of dealing with the stresses that might bring on a trigger to relapse.

It's okay to have ugly feelings. It's okay. Look at them, flowing in your stream of consciousness, and watch them as they disappear from view around a bend. Do the same with great feelings, too. Wallowing in emotions both good and bad hamper one's ability to attain emotional balance.

If you need someone to listen, please PM me -- I will respond with my phone number and I will listen when you call. That goes for anyone reading this post. If you're feeling unheard or uncared-for, I will give you an ear.

(18-06-2016 03:13 PM)DarkAsylum Wrote:  I dont have any hobbies Undecided my hobby is being online its the only thing i do i use to write out parts of the bible but am thinking of getting some atheist books and authors on why the bible isn't valid Drinking Beverage
Einstein
i dont watch much tv but am interested in history there is the history channels
i need to try and get things to do

Another hobby which may help you deal with your issues is journaling (writing for private consumption), or simply writing essays and sharing them out. I've found that putting my feelings down on paper is a great way to address them, because I'm forced to analyze them as I'm setting ink.

And another thing I do when the black dog bites is I get out in nature. I hike. I don't know if you have parks or other hiking areas available, but if you do, that might be helpful? Might your husband be amenable? I know that I find the most peace when I commune with nature.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
22-07-2016, 05:39 AM
Sorry i havent been around so much family problems is making my mental health worse
its gotten to the point where i been turning off my phone
But i feel bad if they are trying to contact me and its emergency so i cant do that all the time
Sunday i have to go to my mothers to see my 10 month old great Niece havent seen her in a while
Couldnt make up a reason why we couldnt go so we are going there on Sunday for an hour
dont want to spend all day there
i know its sounds so cold they way am saying this
I dont mean to be cold or hating my family
but when there are things going on with one member of the family the whole family got to know
and its excusing sometimes

going to start going out more depending on the weather its been really nice here the last few days briilant sunshine very got but its also been thurdering the air is somewhat muggy
i have started to jounral its a written out one with pensil so if make a spelling mistake i can rub it out and start again

I also have my nieces coming up for the weekend they come up every two weeks
Got my first coffee of the day in my I love coffee mug its huge end up only drinking half of it as it gets cold easily
thank you all for posting back to me and sorry i havent been around so much Smile
23-07-2016, 01:58 AM
Don't even worry about erasing the mistakes, ma'am. Cross them out if need be, or explain them if it helps. Stop judging yourself. Smile
31-07-2016, 06:35 AM
Sending you warm wishes empathy and understanding from EnglandHug
06-08-2016, 02:29 PM
(31-07-2016 06:35 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Sending you warm wishes empathy and understanding from EnglandHug

+1 from me too.

D.