my mom's an idiot and I'm actually screwed because of it

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2016, 07:07 PM
RE: my mom's an idiot and I'm actually screwed because of it
I am not sure how to navigate the system, but I do agree you need to speak with a lawyer and a social worker. What a terrible situation Sad
I am so sorry!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2016, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2016 08:24 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Ferdi,
You should call Child Protection. They can arrange some emergency temporary *something*, and then help you sort out what to do in the days to come, when she's safe.
That's their job. That's what they do all day, everyday.
Hug

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-12-2016, 09:10 PM
I don't think there is a state in the nation where CPS is not undermanned and overworked, Buck.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
08-12-2016, 09:13 PM
(08-12-2016 09:10 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I don't think there is a state in the nation where CPS is not undermanned and overworked, Buck.

Doesn't mean that can't/won't help.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-12-2016, 12:18 AM
Any news Ferd?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Wow sorry to hear you are in such a tough situation.
I would love to help you out with good advice, but don't know how the system works in the US.
But if you need help to figure out how to get the two of you through the month on a low budget, let me know. I am the master of low budget! No budget is too low for me to figure out a way to feed a family. Anyway, if you need any input for that, just message me. I am happy to help you on that.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
10-12-2016, 10:27 PM
(09-12-2016 12:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  Any news Ferd?

I've been emailing our caseworker for two days. Or, well, I've been trying. The first day I emailed her, which was earlier in the week (the day following the incident) she replied super fast and was super helpful. She called and talked to my dad but all she could really tell him was that she needed to hunt down her supervisor and get her input on the situation and what we're even able to do. She told my dad (three days ago) that she could contact him that night or the following morning.

Almost three days later and still no response from her.

My dad has a close friend who works for DHR in the area he lives in. The caseworker there, from what my dad has told me, is doing a little investigating into what we can do, and he's going to see if that case could be transferred to where my dad lives so that my sister could live with him (or something like that.) A lot of what is going on is almost a different language to me, but I'm just really aggravated I haven't heard from this caseworker in several days. Maybe she's off of work, and maybe I should be more patient, but it's difficult to. Working 40 hour retail weeks (Christmas at Gamestop) and having a difficult time trying to transport my sister to school (I live in a different school county and her school is about 45 minutes from my house...... and I drive a jeep that fucking deep throats gas lol) kind of just adds to my impatience and stress.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
11-12-2016, 12:19 AM
Hug Keep trying. Your sister is worth it. And you're a pretty cool older sister Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-12-2016, 09:06 AM
Any update? I hope things are going at least reasonably well for you and your sister.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 1 user Likes Ohio Sky's post