my mother in law offered to pay for us to see gods not dead 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2016, 01:40 AM
my mother in law offered to pay for us to see gods not dead 2
She sent message saying that she dares us to go gods not dead and would pay for it. Now while I'd love to go to the movies I'd feel itveoyod be a waste of time and money.

I reposed by saying " if its anything like the first one ,no. It had not archaeology or historical or scientific evidence. it also portrayed atheists as hating god because of an incident. When the truth is there is no god to hate as there is no evidence for a god. But that's anyway. "

She hasn't responded and I doubt she will. Although I'm betting she will find a way to bring it up to my husband. He is easier to accept what she is saying then I am. Now we wait to see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like purpledaisies's post
17-04-2016, 01:50 AM
RE: my mother in law offered to pay for us to see gods not dead 2
On Rotten Tomatoes the film got a rating of 15%, based on 20 reviews, with an average rating of 2.8/10.

On Metacritic, the film has a score of 16 out of 100, based on 6 critics, indicating "overwhelming dislike".

Vincent Funaro writing in The Christian Post praised the film for being "a hit for believers and may even appeal to skeptics searching for answers."

—Sorry Vincent, but you must be fucked in the head to even think that LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
17-04-2016, 02:16 AM
(17-04-2016 01:40 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  She sent message saying that she dares us to go gods not dead and would pay for it. Now while I'd love to go to the movies I'd feel itveoyod be a waste of time and money.

I reposed by saying " if its anything like the first one ,no. It had not archaeology or historical or scientific evidence. it also portrayed atheists as hating god because of an incident. When the truth is there is no god to hate as there is no evidence for a god. But that's anyway. "

She hasn't responded and I doubt she will. Although I'm betting she will find a way to bring it up to my husband. He is easier to accept what she is saying then I am. Now we wait to see.

Make a trade. You'll go see the movie, if she listens to the God Awful Movies podcast episode on that movie. Big Grin

[Image: gam-logo-square-full-1.jpg]

http://godawfulmovies.libsyn.com/gam033-gods-not-dead-2

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-04-2016, 02:22 AM
(17-04-2016 02:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(17-04-2016 01:40 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  She sent message saying that she dares us to go gods not dead and would pay for it. Now while I'd love to go to the movies I'd feel itveoyod be a waste of time and money.

Make a trade. You'll go see the movie, if she listens to the God Awful Movies podcast episode on that movie. Big Grin

[Image: gam-logo-square-full-1.jpg]

http://godawfulmovies.libsyn.com/gam033-gods-not-dead-2

Not just her. Accept but the whole family watches the movie *and* listens to the podcast. She's trying to go the indoctrination route? Fine. But then you can also teach the kids to laugh at stupid shit from an early age too.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-04-2016, 02:26 AM
(17-04-2016 02:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  Not just her. Accept but the whole family watches the movie *and* listens to the podcast. She's trying to go the indoctrination route? Fine. But then you can also teach the kids to laugh at stupid shit from an early age too.

Yes, totally do that. A family that hates each other together, stays together! Thumbsup

17-04-2016, 03:09 AM
Our kids are grown so its just me and my husband. We both agree that there is no god. I'm the one that reads and does research and I tell him. He likes it what way. I'll watch it though and thanks Smile
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
17-04-2016, 03:30 AM
id go if i got paid extra. just the price of the ticket wouldnt be enough.
17-04-2016, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2016 04:54 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Here are some excerpts from the GAMcast. Big Grin

Eli Bosnick - Me and a guy in the front row stood up at the exact same time and shouted two words: Lee Strobel!
Heath Enwright - Motherfuckin' Lee Strobel!
Noah Lugeons - That's right, Lee Strobel, infamous Christian apologist and author of 'The Case For Christ', is on the stand.
EB - Lee Strobel is a historian the way I am a personal trainer.

HE - We watched 'God's Not Dead 2'. It's the story of a high school history teacher who refuses to pledge her undying allegiance to atheism, even if that means she gets fired and also possibly executed by the state... So... Really, it's the story of every Christian teacher in the entire public school system, because that's the kind of persecution they're dealing with.

EB - This is why I love New York City; everyone in my theater saw it ironically. But none of us knew that at first, so the movie started we were all like 'oh yeah, watchin' the movie' until the first person laughed; then all the rest of us laughed. And then the second person laughed, and then all the rest of us laughed. And by the end of it we were all just like 'FUCK YOU!' No better city to live in than one where you can go to an entirely ironic viewing of 'God's Not Dead 2'.

EB - And MJH (Melisa Joan Hart) is a goody two-shoes during trash talk time. And look, I've been in a teacher's lounge. A teacher's lounge is for trash talk so you can go out there, and for the least amount of money humanly possible, still be great and a teacher and she's like 'I don't know guys, you're being awfully mean about the students...' And they're all like 'suck a dick!'
NL - Right, and I guess we're not supposed to realize this, or again maybe it's because of the demo this movie is pointed towards. She's the annoying bitch at work that nobody likes. And for good reason! Because when someone is like 'oh god, these fuckin' students', she's like ''well I find difficult students to be a blessing'. Fuck you...
HE - Shut up nerd!
NL - Just fuck off, this is the place for this! We're not on fuckin' TV here.
EB - This isn't my 'official' statement Melisa Joan Hart. I'm eating my lunch in between teaching kids how to read, can I complain? 'Well I think that, meh-meh-meh, language guys!' Fuck you. Fuck you Melisa Joan Hart. We all have parties and no one invites you.

Nl - And then we get, the turn, right?
EB - So we cut to the classroom, and we learn that... Okay, so this is how little this movie knows. We learn that Gandhi invented non-violent protests...
NL - *laughing* That he did.
EB - To which Brooke asks the question 'Is that like Jesus?'
NL - Yes.
EB - And the teacher (MJH) is like , 'yeah'.
NL - And that's the thing that she's going to get sued over in this movie. I want to make sure we make this very clear. The little girl says 'oh Gandhi and Martin Luther King, is that like Jesus?' and then she says 'Yes it is, it's like when Jesus says quote here's what Jesus said'. That is what they think... My notes at this point are like four pages of 'do they really think that's what pisses us off?', 'oh my god, they really think that's what pisses us off'!, 'I can't believe they really think this is what pisses us off!' This isn't what pisses us off!
HE - This is exactly how we would want Christian teachers to handle that situation.
NL - Yes! Exactly! Right. But in the universe of this movie, that would be like saying they busted Jeffrey Dahmer because he didn't put nutrition facts on the side of those gay guys or whatever. In this stupid fucking movie they seem to think that what pisses atheists off is Jesus' existence or mythology or whatever is acknowledge within a school. That the existence of the Bible being mentioned is enough to bring the goddamn ACLU and the FFRF just a runnin'!
EB - Also, just a quick note, the ACLU are the bad guys of this movie. They would totally defend this character! 'Oh, you're totally allowed to do that.' So, just for the record, the bad guys in this film are the ones who would represent these people in real life and constantly have to.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
17-04-2016, 03:59 AM
You can't hate God anymore than you can hate Yoda or Darth Vader. But we certainly can hate bad use of logic, and hate the behaviors of those who act based on their bad logic, yes. I'd also hate it if I had a family member or friend claiming "The New York Yankees beat the Panthers in Superbowl 50."

Believers don't know how to separate human rights with credibility of what they claim. Their right to believe isn't in any legal danger, no, but they should certainly be afraid of their own bad logic.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
17-04-2016, 04:45 AM
So she can't tell you about her god herself?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post