my mother in law offered to pay for us to see gods not dead 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2016, 05:05 AM
RE: my mother in law offered to pay for us to see gods not dead 2
I listened to the pod cast, it was funny and true. However there is no way mil would sit through this with all the curse words. So no not this will I send to her. Lol
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2016, 07:43 AM
Obviously, god doesn't approve of the movie.
Just look at the reviews and ratings.

Take her to see "The Revenant "
"This part here where the bear attacks is just like the time god sent several bears to kill children who made fun of a bald man."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
17-04-2016, 11:01 AM
Tell her to give you the money so you can donate it to the homeless.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
17-04-2016, 01:16 PM
Lights flickering on a screen (or digital bits on a screen, whatever the case may be) is no more proof of a god than a bunch of writing in a book by non eyewitnesses. It's the same thing as the bible, the same exact thing. It's just hearsay on a screen instead of hearsay in a book.

I tell theists that if they really, really, really want to prove there is a god then have him meet me down at the Starbucks in Portland Oregon, it's on 720 SW Broadway Blvd. The coffees on me. From there God and I will go over to Doernbecher Children’s Hospital which has a large wing dedicated to children with cancer. He can then cure babies, toddlers and young children who are dying of cancer...and he can do it right then and there. If he doesn't show up he's either an asshole or doesn't exist. So far he's a no-show.

And don't give me this crap about "god doesn't work this way".

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
17-04-2016, 01:58 PM
In 1999 a movie called "The Omega Code" was released that to me just looked like a really bad low budget thriller film. I was in high school at the time and me and my sister went to the movies when it had just come out to see something else and the guy in front of us bought so many tickets for this movie and then just walked away, got in his car and left. It looked like he had bought hundreds, he got them in this big roll that was all rubber banded together.

Me and my sister thought it was the strangest thing, later we went online and saw it was a Christian movie and many churches were asking people to go and buy as many tickets as they could to make it seem like it was really popular. They wanted it to make money and get to number one but mostly they wanted Hollywood to start making more Christian movies because for them it's all about the money. The irony was tremendous but it didn't work, the movie still did poorly but probably better than expected.

I'd honestly pay not to have to see God's Not Dead 2 but the point is these people don't care if you go to see it, they just want to pay anyone to go and I'm sure some churches are doing the same thing, just going out buying as much as they can and then just leaving, they don't care at all how fraudulent this is and the fact that one of their commandments is about not lying, that doesn't matter at all. As long as those Hollywood morons think it's cool to make more Christian movies, so be it.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
17-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Ain't enough money in the world.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 1 user Likes TheMrBillShow's post
17-04-2016, 06:11 PM
(17-04-2016 04:45 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  So she can't tell you about her god herself?

No because christians are the most persecuted people in the country. I mean, its not like the president said they don't deserve rights or anything but they are still taking immense heat over all of those Jesus billboards, crosses everywhere, and incredibly well made, finely researched movies. And don't even get me started on how they are silenced by the school boards. I honestly don't know how they are able to keep their faith under such a crushing amount of pressure.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
17-04-2016, 07:07 PM
Why don't you just tell her that you don't give a rat's ass about her fucking god.

See if she brings it up again after that.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
17-04-2016, 08:09 PM
Pay you or pay for you?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
18-04-2016, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2016 01:42 PM by true scotsman.)
(17-04-2016 01:40 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  She sent message saying that she dares us to go gods not dead and would pay for it. Now while I'd love to go to the movies I'd feel itveoyod be a waste of time and money.

I reposed by saying " if its anything like the first one ,no. It had not archaeology or historical or scientific evidence. it also portrayed atheists as hating god because of an incident. When the truth is there is no god to hate as there is no evidence for a god. But that's anyway. "

She hasn't responded and I doubt she will. Although I'm betting she will find a way to bring it up to my husband. He is easier to accept what she is saying then I am. Now we wait to see.

I would simply tell her no. I'd tell her that a movie is not going to convince me. I think the world is perishing for religion. The further and further we get away from reason, the worse it gets. What's needed is not more religion but rational thought.

Life is too precious to waste it watching this movie. I'd rather spend time doing something productive or enjoyable like mountain biking.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick