my mother in law offered to pay for us to see gods not dead 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2016, 02:02 PM
RE: my mother in law offered to pay for us to see gods not dead 2
(17-04-2016 01:40 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  She sent message saying that she dares us to go gods not dead and would pay for it. Now while I'd love to go to the movies I'd feel itveoyod be a waste of time and money.

I reposed by saying " if its anything like the first one ,no. It had not archaeology or historical or scientific evidence. it also portrayed atheists as hating god because of an incident. When the truth is there is no god to hate as there is no evidence for a god. But that's anyway. "

She hasn't responded and I doubt she will. Although I'm betting she will find a way to bring it up to my husband. He is easier to accept what she is saying then I am. Now we wait to see.

I just went and watched the trailer. The teacher just responded to a question and I don't think that would be a problem. How about the cases where teachers do preach to the class. Why not show a more realistic scenario? Because that wouldn't fit the meme of them being so persecuted that they can't even mention Jesus in class. At my kid's school, they sing Christmas carols in the Christmas program every year which reference Jesus and I don't have a problem with that. No one complains and tries to get the music teacher fired. Now I'm sure that it may be different in some places, we live out in the country, but this is still not persecution because no one is forcing them to work in a public school. I'm sure the schools have policies which are well known and if they don't like it, go work somewhere else or for a private religious school. Good grief. The Bible tells them that they will be persecuted for their faith and so they have to drum up fake persecution. It's ridiculous and is shameful in the light of the fact that Christians are truly being persecuted in the Middle East.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2016, 05:28 PM
(18-04-2016 02:02 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(17-04-2016 01:40 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  She sent message saying that she dares us to go gods not dead and would pay for it. Now while I'd love to go to the movies I'd feel itveoyod be a waste of time and money.

I reposed by saying " if its anything like the first one ,no. It had not archaeology or historical or scientific evidence. it also portrayed atheists as hating god because of an incident. When the truth is there is no god to hate as there is no evidence for a god. But that's anyway. "

She hasn't responded and I doubt she will. Although I'm betting she will find a way to bring it up to my husband. He is easier to accept what she is saying then I am. Now we wait to see.

I just went and watched the trailer. The teacher just responded to a question and I don't think that would be a problem. How about the cases where teachers do preach to the class. Why not show a more realistic scenario? Because that wouldn't fit the meme of them being so persecuted that they can't even mention Jesus in class. At my kid's school, they sing Christmas carols in the Christmas program every year which reference Jesus and I don't have a problem with that. No one complains and tries to get the music teacher fired. Now I'm sure that it may be different in some places, we live out in the country, but this is still not persecution because no one is forcing them to work in a public school. I'm sure the schools have policies which are well known and if they don't like it, go work somewhere else or for a private religious school. Good grief. The Bible tells them that they will be persecuted for their faith and so they have to drum up fake persecution. It's ridiculous and is shameful in the light of the fact that Christians are truly being persecuted in the Middle East.

Yep exactly. I was in a debate with a friends sister a while back and she tried to tell me about all persecution that Christians have to deal with. I asked her for an example and told her not to use the bakery and explained why. She came back with the bakery example. I called her out on it reading what I wrote. Lmao these people really think this dumb stuff is true.
18-04-2016, 11:41 PM
I do wish I had sent her a link to bill nye or something like that and asked her if she watches that I'll watch gods not dead. That would have been better. Why can't I think of this at the time.