my personal rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 03:56 PM
RE: my personal rant
I am the same way, I had a good amount of friends years ago from work and a lot of them were doing things I didn't like, drinking, doing drugs and partying all the time and I cut them off. Now it's just me and my fiance. We moved too and it's almost possible to meet new people in a new place so for years he's pretty much the only person I talk to. He has friends but I can't really hang out with them, the family I have that live close by aren't very supportive and they actually just annoy me most of the time.

My fiance thinks I should try harder but I just feel too self conscious, and I worry too much if someone will like me or judge me. I know I have a terrible social anxiety. I work from home so the only contact I have with co-workers is via chat or email, it's cool but we live all around the country so we can't hang out in real life. It's cool being here on the forum and meeting like minded people. It's interesting how much we all have in common besides the atheism.

You're not alone, I feel the same, very alone and depressed about it. If my fiance isn't around and it's just me and my dog I feel like such a loser but I just hope with time I'll meet new people and make friends, honestly knowing I'm not the only one is a good feeling. I thought I was just a freak or something but I think we're not bad people, it's just not easy especially in this social media world we live in. Maybe we also take friendship more seriously and that's a good thing it's just harder to find.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2016, 03:59 PM
(11-05-2016 03:56 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I am the same way, I had a good amount of friends years ago from work and a lot of them were doing things I didn't like, drinking, doing drugs and partying all the time and I cut them off. Now it's just me and my fiance. We moved too and it's almost possible to meet new people in a new place so for years he's pretty much the only person I talk to. He has friends but I can't really hang out with them, the family I have that live close by aren't very supportive and they actually just annoy me most of the time.

My fiance thinks I should try harder but I just feel too self conscious, and I worry too much if someone will like me or judge me. I know I have a terrible social anxiety. I work from home so the only contact I have with co-workers is via chat or email, it's cool but we live all around the country so we can't hang out in real life. It's cool being here on the forum and meeting like minded people. It's interesting how much we all have in common besides the atheism.

You're not alone, I feel the same, very alone and depressed about it. If my fiance isn't around and it's just me and my dog I feel like such a loser but I just hope with time I'll meet new people and make friends, honestly knowing I'm not the only one is a good feeling. I thought I was just a freak or something but I think we're not bad people, it's just not easy especially in this social media world we live in. Maybe we also take friendship more seriously and that's a good thing it's just harder to find.

its almost like theres a sign on my head telling people to stay away from me.
because of my boyfriend i moved from ga to al.. i know no one here. the people i did meet at work are all in premade friendships.. so its hard getting in on those.

and youre right. it is good knowing theres others out there. too bad the others are far away lol.
11-05-2016, 04:06 PM
You'se ain't losers Smile

I had my brush with loneliness and being cut off from society a few years ago. At the time no one on the forum knew, but... well their being there was a significant factor for me. The only people I could chat to. Talk about it, chew it over. Breaking outta this kinda lonely shell is not an easy process and takes time.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
14-05-2016, 03:55 AM
(11-05-2016 03:59 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 03:56 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I am the same way, I had a good amount of friends years ago from work and a lot of them were doing things I didn't like, drinking, doing drugs and partying all the time and I cut them off. Now it's just me and my fiance. We moved too and it's almost possible to meet new people in a new place so for years he's pretty much the only person I talk to. He has friends but I can't really hang out with them, the family I have that live close by aren't very supportive and they actually just annoy me most of the time.

its almost like theres a sign on my head telling people to stay away from me.
because of my boyfriend i moved from ga to al.. i know no one here. the people i did meet at work are all in premade friendships.. so its hard getting in on those.

and youre right. it is good knowing theres others out there. too bad the others are far away lol.
Sending you all best wishes from Olde England Big Grin I too have few friends but please don't despair look how many you have made from being here, and now you have another Smile know virtual buddies arnt quite the same but we're here for each other. Sending you a friendly hug Hug
14-05-2016, 04:10 AM
I don't know if you're much of a gamer or not, but it's a big part of how I pass my time. I work night shift and sleep in the late afternoon, so my mornings are all to myself. If there was something you enjoyed playing on PC, WiiU, or 3DS, just let me know. Or if you just wanted to talk to another human being, I'm just a quick Skype call away. Just PM me if you're ever interested and have a free morning.

Granted I'll probably be playing a game while I'm chatting, but I'm good at multi-tasking like that. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-05-2016, 08:39 AM
(14-05-2016 04:10 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I don't know if you're much of a gamer or not, but it's a big part of how I pass my time. I work night shift and sleep in the late afternoon, so my mornings are all to myself. If there was something you enjoyed playing on PC, WiiU, or 3DS, just let me know. Or if you just wanted to talk to another human being, I'm just a quick Skype call away. Just PM me if you're ever interested and have a free morning.

Granted I'll probably be playing a game while I'm chatting, but I'm good at multi-tasking like that. Tongue

Thank you, that would be cool.
14-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Finding friends is very hard but you can do it. You're an awesome person and anyone who wouldn't wanna be your friend is missing out! I would totally come hang out with you if it were possible.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
14-05-2016, 01:17 PM
(14-05-2016 01:07 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Finding friends is very hard but you can do it. You're an awesome person and anyone who wouldn't wanna be your friend is missing out! I would totally come hang out with you if it were possible.

It is hard, but I have made a few friends here. Everyone is super nice.
I would totally hang out with you too! I would really hang out with most of you guys
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
14-05-2016, 01:21 PM
my personal rant
KUSA loves you. Don't forget that.
14-05-2016, 01:25 PM
Hi KUSA Big Grin

☆☆☆