my psychic pickle problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2016, 02:17 PM
my psychic pickle problem
I have a three part problem... one I cal my psychic pickle. you see I have writen in a book, one I call project bob{code named]. that there was this race that is of a... one mind.. B.. Is one self conscience but many consciousnesses and C.. one of the crew Is one of them.... here is the problem.... In chapter two one of my characters saves one of the race and latter in chapter three she shows up with some pretty hefty bombs of info that st my story second b story into motion. the thing is this whole psychic I know what you know because you know it thing ruins the ?secrete mission the characters are on because one of the members of the main crew is{you guessed it}.. a member of his race. so ether a.. the race knows and are just leading them on.... which i do't want to be true... B. they have no way of knowing and thus they are not psychic rendering the rescue scene invalid.. or.. C... there is some reason they don't know and if so were do I plug in that information between the first two chapters... It's a little bit of a pickle I am in.

a little guide to the charters so far that i am talking about..
insect B= the one the second story is about and member of a secrete mission
insect A= the rescued
E-girl= the resuer mention above
F- the medic of the team
G= an historian on the team
Z- a church warrior of the fates

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2016, 07:41 PM
RE: my psychic pickle problem
Give some thought to how a psychic society would handle privacy.

It could be that, being psychic, they can know everything that any single individual knows, but have an ettiquette where you simply don't "look" where somebody else has set up "Please Keep Out" signs unless they really have to.

Perhaps it's impolite to share every last thought that passes through your head. If everybody did it would be worse than having all of Twitter crammed into your skull.

Just a thought.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
16-05-2016, 11:16 PM
There is a TV series called Sense8
This series explores how 8 people slowly gain a collective connection to each other.

I believe there are also other collective groups who are connected in such a way.

In your story, you could introduce that not people of the race are part of the collective consciousness. Perhaps the person who is a member of the crew was once a part of the collective but somehow that link was severed. (See also Star Trek - Seven of 9)

You could also have several different collective consciousnesses operating out of the same race.
Perhaps 90% of the race is all connected with 3-4 other collectives making up 1-2% of the population.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
16-05-2016, 11:34 PM
Or they can't read read or share specific thoughts psychically but can read general intent or have an empethetic link. Kind of like the Protoss from starcraft.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
16-05-2016, 11:34 PM
I've heard it called all sorts of things, but never "my psychic pickle". Confused

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-05-2016, 11:38 PM
genrally what I have added s far.. still considering your ideas though... think collective self conscience with many consciousnesses..
“I guess you can say that, The funny thing about our ??? Self-consciousness is that each of us are really not Aware of the bigger part. It is like dropping a drop of water into a sea. The one drop does act on it’s own volition but is not aware of the deeper ocean or it’s parts without much effort. Likewise of the ??? Self-consciousness ocean of the mind itself is much bigger and thus can act on it’s own as well per type. In the interest of the whole ocean mind. It has awareness of each drop but not itself. The drop on the other hand is just that, a drop in a bigger sea. It does not comprehend the ocean except through rigorous study and flow of tide towards a certain ultimate It's destination.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.