my rant. can i rant here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2016, 11:24 AM
my rant. can i rant here?
first.. i get confused as to what goes where here.. so i just post whereever i think could be ok lol
but heres my deal

so my.. i call him unlce.. maybe hes a cousin in some way.. idk how to call it.
yo hes my grandmothers nephew. whats that second cousin?
anyway.. my "unlce" is a southern baptist preacher. this man has taught me most everything i know about hell. hes the kind of preacher that goes "AH" in between sentences so i spent a lot of time confused as a kid.
well recently\not recently.. his mom (grandmas sister) fell sick. from what i understand he hired someone to take care of her.
well unlce preacher is a married man. IS. he has taught many sermons on why you shouldnt get divorced.
k, well.. he left his wife for his moms caretaker...
heres the kicker.
he said "jesus said its ok!"

he twisted everything in the book to fit his new situation! this is the craziest thing from my dads side of the family. my "cousin"\ uncles son.. is also a preacher.. im not sure if he took over the church when unlce preacher stepped down but he posted on facebook
"God would not tell you to do something that is 100% against the bible!" so i can only assume its about my uncle.

my dad is all "well hes human, mistakes are made" to me its above and beyond mistake.. when you have to twist the words of your own religion to make your life ok.. or to just be able to live with yourself. its no longer a mistake.. its intentional.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2016, 11:32 AM
RE: my rant. can i rant here?
(22-03-2016 11:24 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  first.. i get confused as to what goes where here.. so i just post whereever i think could be ok lol
but heres my deal

anyway.. my "unlce" is a southern baptist preacher. this man has taught me most everything i know about hell. hes the kind of preacher that goes "AH" in between sentences so i spent a lot of time confused as a kid.
well recently\not recently.. his mom (grandmas sister) fell sick. from what i understand he hired someone to take care of her.
well unlce preacher is a married man. IS. he has taught many sermons on why you shouldnt get divorced.
heres the kicker.

he twisted everything in the book to fit his new situation! this is the craziest thing from my dads side of the family. my "cousin"\ uncles son.. is also a preacher.. im not sure if he took over the church when unlce preacher stepped down but he posted on facebook
"God would not tell you to do something that is 100% against the bible!" so i can only assume its about my uncle.

my dad is all "well hes human, mistakes are made" to me its above and beyond mistake.. when you have to twist the words of your own religion to make your life ok.. or to just be able to live with yourself. its no longer a mistake.. its intentional.

It's ok as long as he says 3 hail mary's, 2 our fathers and a partridge in a pear tree or whatever the southern baptist equivalent is.

What a christard does isn't important. It's what he says and whether he prays to the lard and jebus that matters.

hallelujah brothers and sisters.

praise de lard

amen.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
22-03-2016, 11:41 AM
This probably belongs in Personal Issues to keep the likes of Q out and whatever, but that is for the Mighty Moms and Stark The Great to figure out. Not Pablo though, he spends all his time in the pictures pages. Tongue

In my experience, religious people will twist the text to mean whatever they want it to mean, even when scripture is clear. I have seen people first hand change or even invent scripture to justify something because it was inconvenient. Anything from hell theology to slavery to whether a person who divorces for anything not due to sexual immorality is not committing adultery should they fall in love again. In the mindset where literally anything except disbelief can be pardoned, it really shouldn't be that surprising that the inner gymnast comes out when it is in their interests.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
22-03-2016, 11:46 AM
(22-03-2016 11:41 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  This probably belongs in Personal Issues to keep the likes of Q out and whatever, but that is for the Mighty Moms and Stark The Great to figure out. Not Pablo though, he spends all his time in the pictures pages. Tongue

In my experience, religious people will twist the text to mean whatever they want it to mean, even when scripture is clear. I have seen people first hand change or even invent scripture to justify something because it was inconvenient. Anything from hell theology to slavery to whether a person who divorces for anything not due to sexual immorality is not committing adultery should they fall in love again. In the mindset where literally anything except disbelief can be pardoned, it really shouldn't be that surprising that the inner gymnast comes out when it is in their interests.

meh.. i didnt know if it really belonged there or not since i wasnt seeking help. i just.. my mind went *lasdjkflaskdjf"
its funny in one sense but annoying in another.
22-03-2016, 11:46 AM
(22-03-2016 11:32 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 11:24 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  first.. i get confused as to what goes where here.. so i just post whereever i think could be ok lol
but heres my deal

heres the kicker.

It's ok as long as he says 3 hail mary's, 2 our fathers and a partridge in a pear tree or whatever the southern baptist equivalent is.

What a christard does isn't important. It's what he says and whether he prays to the lard and jebus that matters.

praise de lard

amen.

well he prayed to jebus and jebus changed scripture just for him! is it because hes a preacher??!?
22-03-2016, 11:54 AM
No. Under no circumstances are you fucking permitted to rant like a goddam drunk pirate monkey here. There can be only one.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-03-2016, 11:58 AM
If it's to be a discussion with all view points expressed, it belongs here. If it's a call for help with a touchy, personal issue, it belongs in the personal issues section. The personal issues section is heavily moderated, no attacks allowed. Here, it's all about free speech.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-03-2016, 11:59 AM
(22-03-2016 11:46 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  ...
meh.. i didnt know if it really belonged there or not since i wasnt seeking help. i just.. my mind went *lasdjkflaskdjf"
its funny in one sense but annoying in another.

Click on this link for The Ranting Corner to see where people often go for their tirades.

But there aren't any specific rules about it. You're OK in this section.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-03-2016, 12:09 PM
(22-03-2016 11:46 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 11:32 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  It's ok as long as he says 3 hail mary's, 2 our fathers and a partridge in a pear tree or whatever the southern baptist equivalent is.

praise de lard

amen.

well he prayed to jebus and jebus changed scripture just for him! is it because hes a preacher??!?

No I don't thinks so.

The way I see it is like this: No one really believes in jebus and the lard. It's just too way out for anyone to take seriously but, and here's the but, they fear death and the fact that this may be all there is. So, they all pretend to believe in the lard and in jebus. Once you have that sorted, you can believe in anything - including him believing that 'jebus said that it is OK'.

And that's the truth.

Look that up in you Funk and Wagnalls.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
22-03-2016, 12:11 PM
(22-03-2016 11:54 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No. Under no circumstances are you fucking permitted to rant like a goddam drunk pirate monkey here. There can be only one.

And that one monkey happens to be a girlyman.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post