my soon to be "inlaws" are atheists!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2016, 10:05 AM
my soon to be "inlaws" are atheists!
I forgot to announce that part too. Yay for my granddaughter that will not be raised in religion!!! That is the best news I could have heard!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like purpledaisies's post
24-06-2016, 10:20 AM
RE: my soon to be "inlaws" are atheists!
(24-06-2016 10:05 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I forgot to announce that part too. Yay for my granddaughter that will not be raised in religion!!! That is the best news I could have heard!

With a name like "Meazrea Snow" she's likely to be so alienated from her parents that she ends up in a cult. Dodgy

Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2016, 10:31 AM
(24-06-2016 10:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 10:05 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I forgot to announce that part too. Yay for my granddaughter that will not be raised in religion!!! That is the best news I could have heard!

With a name like "Meazrea Snow" she's likely to be so alienated from her parents that she ends up in a cult. :dodgy:

:D

Turd head :P
24-06-2016, 10:33 AM

That is kind of cheating, right?
24-06-2016, 11:10 AM
(24-06-2016 10:33 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  

That is kind of cheating, right?

Cheating lol I call it good parenting. Smile
24-06-2016, 12:50 PM

That's great news, I still worry about spending holidays with my in laws. They always have to pray before their meals, it's so annoying because they know we don't believe but whatever. I'll have my kids most of the time so it should be all good. Wink

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
24-06-2016, 01:05 PM
that's huge news. Nice to be able to hang out and not keep it totally shallow.
24-06-2016, 01:11 PM

Best news I’ve heard all day!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-06-2016, 01:13 PM

Some of the best gifts a parent could give their child: The ability to think for themselves and live their lives on their own terms.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
24-06-2016, 01:14 PM
Yes I was talking to her yesterday. She said her brother is a pastor and when she got pregnant with her daughter (my sons fiance) He told her that god told him that she is his baby and she needs to give her to him. That set her on a quest to understand why god would put a child in her meant for her brother. It didn't make sense. So she found out there is no god to make a long story short. And when they asked of he would marry them he refused because she didn't give her baby to him all those years ago.

I'm so happy about the fact they don't believe. Not that I'd want that to happen to people but it sounds like it was the pish she needed.