my story has an atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2010, 12:53 AM
my story has an atheist
my name is Brandon, but my friends call me Xavier. I started being an atheist around 7th grade ( I am now in 10th grade ). At first when I opened as an atheist, nothing really bad happened. But once I started high school, things started getting serious. Kids at school started threatening to "kick my ass", and "kill me" because I am an atheist. This other kid came out of nowhere and dumped a can of monster on me. I lost many friends. My family became distant from me. People insult me because of my faith. People claim that I am evil. All of them are 100% convinced that I am going to burn forever. Some even choose not to associate themselves with me because I am atheist. Many of them claim that I should not press my "religion" on them, but that it is okay for them to press their religion. They insult evolution, saying that it is just a theory (LOL!), but then claim that "if evolutionary theory can be taught in school, then so should creation theory!" which is wrong on two fronts, since a) creation is not a theory and b) they just said that theories are "wrong".

/rant, I hate dumbasses.

So, to recap, I am Xavier, and I am an atheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2010, 02:09 AM
RE: my story has an atheist
It sounds like you are surrounded with dumbasses and no intellegent people. I hope that there are people that you can be friends with there.

P.S. All those people who dumped on you will be going to hell if they are right about god because they are supposed to love thy neighbor. They don't belive their bible, they just say they do. A'one a'two Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.
04-11-2010, 02:41 AM
Sometimes I feel sorry for myself... But you seem to have it much worse than I ever did! Get good grades and go to college, you'll be much more accepted there! Even if people don't agree with you, they'll probably be more intelligent and accept the fact that not everyone has their own opinions.

Believe me, I'm at a University in.... UTAH.
04-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Sorry to hear that you're so alienated, Brandon. You can always vent to us if you need to complain, though. We're good listeners. Smile

"But are not the dreams of poets and the tales of travelers notoriously false?"
- H. P. Lovecraft, "The Street"
04-11-2010, 11:04 PM

Welcome to the forums. Kinda new here myself. Can't really speak for the whole forum seeing as I haven't been here all that long, but I am definitely a good listener if you need someone to vent to.
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2010, 11:27 PM

Sounds like the southpark Mormon epp where they sung "Dumb dumb dumb dumb" lol However i found when i was in highschool and middle school it is basically a close minded place where people are going to always find reasons to hate you, (Me it was being gay) but i did found out it gets better when you get out of that environment and move on to a higher learning like college! So ride it out and be thankful you got a place like this to come to and be able to vent and actually hold intelligent conversations.

(04-11-2010 02:09 AM)No J. Wrote:  It sounds like you are surrounded with dumbasses and no intellegent people. I hope that there are people that you can be friends with there.

P.S. All those people who dumped on you will be going to hell if they are right about god because they are supposed to love thy neighbor. They don't belive their bible, they just say they do. A'one a'two Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2010, 04:51 PM
High school can be pretty rough, regardless of your convictions. Just stand your ground and read read read all you can about atheism AND religion (and it's contradictory nature) so you can have arsenal to defend yourself. Atheism isn't a faith, it is the absence of faith.
08-11-2010, 04:41 AM
Well, its great to have finally found a place where I can freely express my experiences and not have people say shit like "It's obviously your punishment for being an atheist"

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
09-11-2010, 12:09 AM
(08-11-2010 04:41 AM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  "It's obviously your punishment for being an atheist"

You punishment for being an atheist:
1. You must now think for yourself. You are no longer allowed to blindly accept everything you are told.
2. You must get rid of that security blanket. No more sky daddy.
3. You must stop making feeble, bullshit excuses for your beliefs. Now you must quote some real, verifiable data.
4. You now have to take responsibility for yourself. No more hiding behind dogma and tradition.
5. You must live your life like it is the only one you will have.
09-11-2010, 12:28 AM
(09-11-2010 12:09 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(08-11-2010 04:41 AM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  "It's obviously your punishment for being an atheist"

You punishment for being an atheist:
1. You must now think for yourself. You are no longer allowed to blindly accept everything you are told.
2. You must get rid of that security blanket. No more sky daddy.
3. You must stop making feeble, bullshit excuses for your beliefs. Now you must quote some real, verifiable data.
4. You now have to take responsibility for yourself. No more hiding behind dogma and tradition.
5. You must live your life like it is the only one you will have.

*likes*

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~