(near) death experiences, heaven, hell, nirvana

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2012, 01:39 PM
RE: (near) death experiences, heaven, hell, nirvana
Anjele that's interesting, surprising, and confusing at the same time.

Noah: I used to be very scared of death and dieing as well. I used to be scared because I imagined it like a kind of sleeping, but never waking up. And as much as I like sleeping, I want my sleep to end at some point. Even after my experiences I was scared of death, but not of dieing anymore. The point when I lost the frear was when I understood the concept of reincarnation (that actually took me a while) and how I explained it (which is a different topic). Now, as I do not believe in reincarnation anymore I am still not afraid because still my mindset about death is kinda similar.

Two main reasons that make death very unscary for me:
1. I know that once I die, I will not have wasted my life! This is important to me because I do not want to die with the feeling that I missed out on things and that I could have done this and that. I am right now doing everything I can and should I die tomorrow, I will not feel "guilty" of missing out.
2. I am a person who loves nature a lot, and I know that when I die, my whole me will go back into the circle of nature and life. And this is a wonderful thought for me. If I get burnt, it will be the ashes and the excess energy of burning, which shows as fire, wonderful thought about physics. If I will be in a grave, I am actually direct source of new life. Bacteria and insects will live because I am there. Which sounds weird and kinda gross but I find it amazing how EVERYTHING in nature is being reused in one or the other way. Nothing goes poof and is gone. Wonderful thought and I am stunned how people can be scared or grossed out, when this is nature and great and so complex! Gotta love it.

Missing out on things doesn't scare me, really. I am missing out on lots of stuff on a daily basis and I can live with it. Sure I am pissed that I will mostly likely not be here anymore when we start settling in space or on other planets, and when we make first contact with alien species, when religion is no issue anymore and many many more things, but that's just egoistic. Humans are not to stay on earth forever, at some point I have to make space, give up my spot on earth. That's a given, noone can escape death (at least not right now).
Important for me is only that once I die, I want to know that my loved ones are being cared for and safe.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2012, 02:13 PM
I wouldn't call the desire to know of alien life-forms is egotistic. Maybe jealousy at best. It's a genuine thirst for that knowledge though. I am just so damn curious about the Universe that we are in. SO much undiscovered. I envy the future populations that will uncover these secrets.

Don't mistake that for me feeling like I deserve any of this. I don't. It's just a burning desire of mine.

As I've said though, my fear is a healthy one rather than a crippling one. It makes me value my life more.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
02-05-2012, 02:24 PM
sorry, I didn't mean to say that you are egoistic. I wanted to say that claiming my spot on earth for too long, just to discover all of this, is egoistic. And btw, nothing against a healthy portion of egoism Wink

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
02-05-2012, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2012 02:42 PM by houseofcantor.)
They're crap, even my own. Tongue

Here's a link .

I posted this elsewhere:

(02-05-2012 11:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I had this event back in 2001 where I was walking down the tunnel towards the light with no memory how I got there. Looked like I heard about, so I figured I was dying and it was time to go, and it was cool as fuck so I was on my way. As I walked, all this crap associated with being human seemed to flake off like dead skin. I kept getting lighter and lighter, becoming "aware" that "we're not what we think we are."

But then I started to forget Gwyneth. "Fuck no," I said to myself, "I can die anytime; Imma go back there and get me moar Gwynnies." So I did.

As a NDE, it is as sucktastic as the lot of 'em; where it has value is as a verified hypothesis. Like in 2010 I had an MI and got five stents for my trouble (that's a massive heart attack, Bucky Tongue) ; the pros said I was dying and it sure hurt like it. But I had a picture of my Gwynnies in my brain, and I didn't give a fuck. Actually didn't consider dying so much as their probe thingy popping out of my chest like some kinda Alien wannabe and causing even more pain... Big Grin

Now I got this near-absolute anti fear of death going on. Get any kinda ache, pain, or frustration and I'm like Die now? cause dying is cool. As can be imagined, I'm too extreme a case to represent a solution set (can't have peeps knowing what I know 'cause there wouldn't be no more peeps) but fear of death is one of them things that's gotta go.

The big thing was the feeling during the event. It was all let's go! until the thought of no Gwynnies. (Broke in the head over that girl, in case you missed it. Big Grin) Back then, though, I didn't know nothing compared to what I know now - which is still nothing, but I know that me and my Gwynnies are pretty much incompatible. Sad

I go die now. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
02-05-2012, 08:27 PM
In reference to the child in the second video who met Jesus.
Father a preacher
Book deal
Speaking tour
...any questions?

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
07-05-2012, 03:24 PM
I was near death when I was little, but not as a crisis. I had a bad depression in 3-4 years of age, resulting in not eating almost anything, resulting in a malnourishment and serious case of anemia. Doctors said I shouldn't be alive in such a condition, but I was just tired and sleepy. My blood was totally black and when they tapped my vein with a needle, for half a minute the blood didn't flow.
But despite of the highly promising conditions they didn't even once needed to resuscitate me, otherwise I'd have one more fascinating story to tell.

But not so long ago I had a period of meeting "disembodied" people. There was one brief but unusual encounter during a meditation, which I suppose opened my mind to the possibility. Then the encounters got different, but frequent. I don't want to talk in detail, but despite of my great curiosity (and gullibility) I got jumpy and eventually freaked out. Screw curiosity, this stuff is way too weird even for me and most probably not right, in the sense of unhealthy, wicked, evil, sneaky, malevolent, deceptive and just plain old creepy. So I... closed my mind to the possibility again and been all right ever since. If anything remained, then many undeniable, vivid and first-hand experiences that we don't need this meatbag of a body to survive.
So nope, I don't fear death or dying (unless it gets long and messy), I've had solid reassurances that this is far from the endgame and that someone on the other side needs to get his ass kicked.

It's all right to explore esoteric practices, but don't let your scientific curiosity override your instincts. If things get too weird, get up and leave. Don't put up with anything you haven't agreed with beforehand.
07-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Well, when my dad died, and then when my mom died, and now that my husband has died, I get the same feeling .

I get the feeling that they are close by for some time (length of time varies) and then fade out and away.

That can be easily explained because naturally after someone close passes, they are in your head more than normal, and it takes time to get over the grieving and have less thoughts about them.

It is still somewhat strange, and it had me thinking about some energy being left and felt by me. It is especially strong with my husband, but we were married for a very long time and he died here at home. Sometimes I feel him very close to me. I have dreams where he takes a part, but he doesn't have a face or he talks to me but I can't hear anything. I can sit down for dinner and feel him right there (we always had dinner together). A couple of times I was doing things outside and could hear him saying: "You are forgetting xxxx."

I realize of course that all these things must be caused by my brain still adjusting to the loss and the different situation I live in now. I am not anywhere near done grieving.

I can see though how people end up believing in ghosts and spirits and souls and all of that. It all feels quite real.

I am also still puzzling over his last words. He was an atheist. It's the choice of words "I am stepping outside now". He didn't say "I am leaving" or "I am going" or something. He always expressed himself very precisely. He was stepping outside - of what? Life? His body? And he looked so surprised when he said it, maybe wonder is a better word, like a child in wonder. Very relaxed but in wonderment.

I guess I'll be puzzling over that til my own time comes.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-05-2012, 03:25 AM
I had plenty of similar experiences, but this one time it was a true and real out-of-body experience. Oh wait, I had a near-death one as well, a tunnel, white light and all that. But the out-of-body was way more intense, I actually saw myself as I was laying on the bed, then I was hovering and moving around the room and the rest of the house. It lasted for some short time and then I went back to my conciousness...

But since I had plenty of experiments with things like that, I knew exactly what is happening and why, so I didn't think those experiences were from God, but form ketamine (OOB) and other "stuff" (NDE).

Interesting enough, but I never had any similar experiences while on acid or shrooms, it appears that those things make me normal, not psychedelic. I tend to reset myself every now and then, helps me function in this world. I did, however, learned the truth about God, heaven and all that... It's all relative. Smile

Not recommended for anyone, pretty dangerous things, specially these near-death ones... Smoke weed and do not concern yourself with hard shit.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
08-05-2012, 05:51 AM
(07-05-2012 04:08 PM)Dom Wrote:  I am also still puzzling over his last words. He was an atheist. It's the choice of words "I am stepping outside now". He didn't say "I am leaving" or "I am going" or something. He always expressed himself very precisely. He was stepping outside - of what? Life? His body? And he looked so surprised when he said it, maybe wonder is a better word, like a child in wonder. Very relaxed but in wonderment.

I guess I'll be puzzling over that til my own time comes.
Yes, that might be very puzzling for an atheist, materialist or whatever. I had an OOBE once as a child, but being familiar with eastern philosophies I simply took it as a normal thing - travel in astral body. It wasn't strange for me, but it might have been very strange for your husband.

I'll explain. For example, we live as our ego. All that we see is observed and done by our ego. Our ego is such a fixture of reality, that we even puzzle ourselves about the sound of a tree falling unobserved in the forest. If we haven't been somewhere to see it, it might as well not exist.
But once during meditation I achieved a strange state of consciousness, when my ego completely vanished. There was nobody, no person, no name, specially not Joe Baggins. (not my real name) All the things remained, the body, the breathing, the thoughs, but there was no circle drawing them together under the concept of a person. If somebody called a name, there would be nobody to respond. And yet it was obvious that the things' existence goes on. It was extremely strange, it was an observation without an observer. It was existence and non-existence at the same time. It was unimaginable before. I'm still in wonder of this experience.

I think I can understand your late husband's puzzlement. If he understood himself as the biologic body and then stepped out of it, that had to be a worldview-defying experience. To step outside the body had to be for him as unimaginable as for me to step out of self-identity.

(08-05-2012 03:25 AM)Filox Wrote:  I had plenty of similar experiences, but this one time it was a true and real out-of-body experience. Oh wait, I had a near-death one as well, a tunnel, white light and all that. But the out-of-body was way more intense, I actually saw myself as I was laying on the bed, then I was hovering and moving around the room and the rest of the house. It lasted for some short time and then I went back to my conciousness...

But since I had plenty of experiments with things like that, I knew exactly what is happening and why, so I didn't think those experiences were from God, but form ketamine (OOB) and other "stuff" (NDE).
OK, why do you think that drugs can be responsible for that? As a triggering factor, yes, sure. But there still must be a mechanism that makes it actually work. There are two possibilities:

1) The drugs or some other SIMPLE factor weakens attachment of the subtle body (astral, maybe etheric) on the biologic body, which then wanders around and observes things. How much we remember is determined by the receptivity of brain.

2) The brain goes into a special kind of a dream, dreaming about yourself lying on the bed and the ordinary surroundings. Which is very unusual. In dream we are awake and single, just as in daily life. We don't see ourselves detached and sleeping. To imagine such a thing is highly unnatural, it goes against both waking and dreaming logic. In case you don't know dreaming logic, it's extremely subjective and such a de-centralizing our usual center of the world (our body) is, as I said, unnatural.
08-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Well, I think it was my hallucinations and drugs, because I was on a high dose of highly hallucinogenic and relaxing drug - the ketamine. Thus my half sleep state with hallucinations. BUT! I do not rule out the first opinion you have stated. Since I (or anyone else) have no evidence whatsoever to support this, I do not mention this, but there is that possibility.

It is also very possible that it was all just a hallucination, half dream, half previous memories of me walking around the house, so it just connected, because at that moment I wanted to move, but I was completely parallelized, so my mind moved instead... A great experience in any case, it was really hard to convince my friends what has happened to me.

NDE was much more relaxing and calm, but way more dangerous for my life at the moment, it was only that I wasn't aware of the danger until later, when I get to think about the moment for a bit. Luckily, I jump-started at the right moment and started to walk, so pure luck maybe saved me from slipping away. Luck and a friend I saw, so I went to say hello... Hmmm, saw... It was more that I heard or saw a glimpse of him, since I was pretty entranced and focused on the blackness and the light of the stroboscope that became a dark tunnel with the light on the end... I really had some strange shit in my life.

Smile

Wanna hear my story when I grew to be 15 meters high? Both me and my friend that was with me, exactly the same feeling, as we got out of the car and stood up, we just continued to "stand up" until we were high as the big palm trees near us. We were walking like 2 huge giants and looking down on all the little people... Now this was thanx to some speed (paste) and mikron (acid, but in a micro dot, not blotter). I just love my experiments, specially if someone else has the same trip, at least I don't have to explain myself to the person I am with...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson