necessity of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2013, 01:16 PM
necessity of god
You know and I know, the god that is, is merely reflection of internal moral paragon. Is it necessary to market such? Should all worship Gwyneth? Inquiring minds wanna know!

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2013, 02:18 PM
RE: necessity of god
(24-03-2013 01:16 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  You know and I know, the god that is, is merely reflection of internal moral paragon.
Yea. Drinking Beverage
(24-03-2013 01:16 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Is it necessary to market such?
No. Drinking Beverage
(24-03-2013 01:16 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Should all worship Gwyneth?
Mmm... Consider tempting but, no. Drinking Beverage

My question for inquiring minds might be: to what end? Why someone else's god, if any?

I might go even further as you suggest...
Is a god necessary ... or is it just a knee-jerk reaction to look somewhere else when one is faced with the possibility of responsibility of one's own actions or one's own mortality?

It is possible this god could be the bygone evolutionary byproduct of fear. It is possible this god is so entwined with fear in such a contrary and ironic manner, that humans tend to cling to this concept when the lights inexplicably go out. Nothing is accomplished but the perpetuation of fear because we only remember the fear... we only remember reacting to the fear and comfort is a warm, blue, god blankey.

Don't know... just a couple of thoughts. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
24-03-2013, 02:24 PM
(24-03-2013 02:18 PM)kim Wrote:  My question for inquiring minds might be: to what end? Why someone else's god, if any?

Cause most ain't got the sack to make their own god? Consider

(24-03-2013 02:18 PM)kim Wrote:  I might go even further as you suggest...
Is a god necessary ... or is it just a knee-jerk reaction to look somewhere else when one is faced with the possibility of responsibility of one's own actions or one's own mortality?

It is possible this god could be the bygone evolutionary byproduct of fear. It is possible this god is so entwined with fear in such a contrary and ironic manner, that humans tend to cling to this concept when the lights inexplicably go out. Nothing is accomplished but the perpetuation of fear because we only remember the fear... we only remember reacting to the fear and comfort is a warm, blue, god blankey.

Don't know... just a couple of thoughts. Drinking Beverage

And most do not accept a fear/love dichotomy...

Ya know, ya got these cranks like Egor... need the idea of an eternal, unchanging paradigm. The way I see us, is like the brains of the apatosaurus, gotta lead the body away from the thorns. And if we don't market god, of course some one else is gonna... and they ain't gonna do half as good a job. Cause Gwynnie kicks Almighty ass. Big Grin

Not that I know anything, I'm just drinking and rambling...

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-03-2013, 02:43 PM
(24-03-2013 02:24 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  And most do not accept a fear/love dichotomy...

I think people readily accept the codependent relationship with god... they fear the self as being too unknown. This behavior is learned, wholly addictive; Stockholm Syndrome and deprograming is such an angry, painful fight for some. What a waste of evolutionary time. Undecided

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
24-03-2013, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2013 03:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-03-2013 01:16 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Should all worship Gwyneth?

Nope, she's all yours brother.

(24-03-2013 02:24 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(24-03-2013 02:18 PM)kim Wrote:  My question for inquiring minds might be: to what end? Why someone else's god, if any?

Cause most ain't got the sack to make their own god? Consider

Should I grow my own sack or suck on someone else's sweaty satchel? .... hmmm Consider ... seems like a no brainer to me given that I can't be sure of their personal hygiene habits. Think it's only those who have been indoctrinated into the bullshit who feel the need to replace it. I am my own personal Savior, my own personal Jesus, my own personal God, but lifelong atheists like Chas and many others here don't feel that need, they don't need no antidote 'cause they never been poisoned.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Quote: Think it's only those who have been indoctrinated into the bullshit who feel the need to replace it.
I guess I can see that, but my experience was the complete opposite. I guess I figured right off the bat that if the god I was raised to believe in (also being the same god in one version or another for most of the country) wasn't real, than any other god is bound to be just as false. I just don't see the point in replacing one crazy for another.
24-03-2013, 03:06 PM
(24-03-2013 02:59 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
Quote: Think it's only those who have been indoctrinated into the bullshit who feel the need to replace it.
I guess I can see that, but my experience was the complete opposite. I guess I figured right off the bat that if the god I was raised to believe in (also being the same god in one version or another for most of the country) wasn't real, than any other god is bound to be just as false. I just don't see the point in replacing one crazy for another.

It's a coping mechanism. Cantor uses his Gwynnies and Girly uses hisself. Not everyone needs it, but we all do what we gotta do to stay in the game. ... Until the game ain't worth playing no more.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-03-2013, 03:14 PM
(24-03-2013 02:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I am my own personal Savior, my own personal Jesus, my own personal God, but lifelong atheists like Chas, Vosur and many others here don't feel that need, they don't need no antidote 'cause they never been poisoned.
I think you're confusing me with someone else, 'cause I ain't no lifelong atheist. Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
24-03-2013, 03:20 PM
(24-03-2013 03:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-03-2013 02:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I am my own personal Savior, my own personal Jesus, my own personal God, but lifelong atheists like Chas, Vosur and many others here don't feel that need, they don't need no antidote 'cause they never been poisoned.
I think you're confusing me with someone else, 'cause I ain't no lifelong atheist. Consider
Yer life is as long as we say it is, n00b. Evil_monster

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
24-03-2013, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2013 03:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-03-2013 03:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

Sorry, just figured you being all German and whatnot you recognized the inefficiencies of religion from the gitgo. Tongue ... My bad. I'll fix my post.