need help finding talk by christian pastor saying god doesn't hate gays

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2014, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2014 11:46 PM by iamli3.)
need help finding talk by christian pastor saying god doesn't hate gays
just tried searching it as best i could , but i was unable to find what i was looking for , i think of TTA when i think of this kind of video but it couldn't have been him who was speaking , and i checked through his videos and didn't see a video or podcast that looked like what im looking for , but maybe someone here will know......

it was a couple years ago when i saw this video on youtube , it was of a christian pastor i think (i don't remember if it showed a video feed of him or if it was just audio) but apparently he had been doing a consistent show for one or more radio stations trying to tell his fellow christians that their god doesn't hate homosexuals and that they don't need to be ashamed of their sexuality and all that

the video im looking for he starts off talking about his background and this , and then he follows it up with him saying that 1 night he received a rather peculiar email , which turned out to be a suicide attempt confession message from a gay christian teen , again this was so long ago i don't remember much of the details but there are some lines from this email he recited that i remember rather well

think first the email talked about how the teen was struggling trying to accept his faith as well as his sexuality , might have been some out of family external pressure involved , probably mostly from the teachings he had received about the religion about what it thinks about people like him
he then reached a breaking point , and said in the email
'the previous night i wrote the note'
'last night i bought the gun'
'then i saw your radio show tonight'
'i burned the note and threw the gun in a river'
'my parents never have to know'

the christian pastor then explained how at first he didn't quite understand what he was reading in this email , and that he then went back and read it over several more times before the gravity of the situation finally hit him that this was a confession of an attempted suicide that he had received and apparently averted because this kid had apparently just happen to catch his radio show right before he was about to kill himself which was telling him that he wasn't a terrible person for being born gay and that there's will still acceptance of him by his god and all that

ugh im not even sure how long the upload in question was , whether it was 15 mins or an hour , as i don't remember anything past this initial part

so i hope someone will be able to readily point me to what im looking for here as i've seen a couple posts recently of even more gay teens who are afraid of their religious family's reaction or suicidal requesting help , and i think this might be helpful for them.....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2014, 11:38 PM
RE: need help finding talk by christian pasture saying god doesn't hate gays
*pastor

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-12-2014, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2014 11:46 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: need help finding talk by christian pasture saying god doesn't hate gays
(26-12-2014 11:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  *pastor

What.? You never heard of the good shepherd and Christian pastures ?
The good pasture tends his ships.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
26-12-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: need help finding talk by christian pastor saying god doesn't hate gays

(26-12-2014 11:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

What.? You never heard of the good shepherd and Christian pastures ?
The good pasture tends his ships.

i wonder if this double reply attempt will work....

k fixed , so anyone know what it is im looking for?....
27-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Welcome to TTA.

Smile

27-12-2014, 12:15 AM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rah?page=2 (post 19)

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...d+gomorrah (post 4)

Not exactly what you're looking for but he can toss them in front of his idiot pastor.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-12-2014, 01:41 PM
(27-12-2014 12:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rah?page=2 (post 19)

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...d+gomorrah (post 4)

Not exactly what you're looking for but he can toss them in front of his idiot pastor.

who can toss that in front of who's pastor?
i don't know what im supposed to do with your posts there , and the video link in the first one is dead.....
28-12-2014, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2014 07:17 AM by earmuffs.)
Here you go, I did all the work for you.
28-12-2014, 11:24 AM
I don't know who you are talking about but whoever it is hasn't read his Bible. That invisible arse in the sky clearly got a hate on for gay people. It says so in his book.
28-12-2014, 12:15 PM
(28-12-2014 07:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Here you go, I did all the work for you.

"just tried searching it as best i could , but i was unable to find what i was looking for ,"

and your search criteria yielded the same results.....

(28-12-2014 11:24 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I don't know who you are talking about but whoever it is hasn't read his Bible. That invisible arse in the sky clearly got a hate on for gay people. It says so in his book.

actually i just by chance herd another talk which was an interview where a guy was trying to explain that the christian bible doesn't actually say something against homosexual sex
he argued that , the probably most famous line used to prove it does being the 'if a man/woman lays with another man/woman then they shall be put to death for it is an abomination' or something like that , was actually a mistranslation and that the word used more closely means 'perversion' rather than 'abomination' , and that the bible didn't have a clause for their term of perversion to do with sex or anything other than what was spoken orally , as in it only deals with lying

im not here for that though , mmmm but if his claims turn out to be true then it might be helpful none the less , but i expect many of you will find flaws with those claims....