need help finding talk by christian pastor saying god doesn't hate gays

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2014, 02:17 PM
RE: need help finding talk by christian pastor saying god doesn't hate gays
(28-12-2014 12:15 PM)iamli3 Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 07:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Here you go, I did all the work for you.

"just tried searching it as best i could , but i was unable to find what i was looking for ,"

and your search criteria yielded the same results.....

(28-12-2014 11:24 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I don't know who you are talking about but whoever it is hasn't read his Bible. That invisible arse in the sky clearly got a hate on for gay people. It says so in his book.

actually i just by chance herd another talk which was an interview where a guy was trying to explain that the christian bible doesn't actually say something against homosexual sex
he argued that , the probably most famous line used to prove it does being the 'if a man/woman lays with another man/woman then they shall be put to death for it is an abomination' or something like that , was actually a mistranslation and that the word used more closely means 'perversion' rather than 'abomination' , and that the bible didn't have a clause for their term of perversion to do with sex or anything other than what was spoken orally , as in it only deals with lying

im not here for that though , mmmm but if his claims turn out to be true then it might be helpful none the less , but i expect many of you will find flaws with those claims....

It's not much of a challange to find flaws in apologetics.
Here's an example. The Bible I have in front of me right now says
"If a man lies with a male as with a women both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."
Now perhaps you are correct that originally it was to be perversion rather than abomination but when one reads just a little further one has to ask why death is prescribed for such an action. And why the guilt rests in the hands of the murdered.
People like me are often accused of taking bible verses out of context. The irony is not lost here...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply