need help from smokers and non-smokers alike

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2015, 07:48 PM
need help from smokers and non-smokers alike
I know I talk about my friend a lot but I actually have a question to post here on his behalf.... you see m brr smokes a real lot and so far isn't been willing to quite. here is the thing though that's not why I am here... I actually am trying to find him something to do besides smoking. he smokes every fifteen minutes and besides that his hobby is recycling... yep... my bff has an official boring life. I was just wanting to get him a hobby besides smoking. one that would at least give him something else to do... and I know this will probably not led to him quiting but oh well.....

p.s. I've tried gaming but someone keeps stealing his stuff.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: need help from smokers and non-smokers alike
Get an interesting hobby that requires use of both of your hands. Use patches. Find a coping mechanism. I love cigars, I smoke them weekly. However, there are often times that I don't even have time to smoke cigars because I am busy with so much else that it is just not even a thing. Depends on your personality as well. Some people have a hell of a time with addicting things, others can just put it down and walk away.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
10-01-2015, 08:06 PM
my bff seems to be a mix of things... theres plenty of things he likes... for one I know he likes anime to a certain extent and nonfiction reading but he says he has plenty of books he hasn't read so.... {shrugs shoulders}

10-01-2015, 08:16 PM
He's not going to quit unless he wants to.
Has he said he wants to quit, or do you just want him to?
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
10-01-2015, 08:21 PM
Learn to play a musical instrument ... guitar or drums, perhaps. You can get numerous tutorials online. Music stores often have great used instruments as do pawnshops and eBay. Guitar is quite portable ... so is a nice set of bongos!

One of my heros (the greatest mind of the 20th century) Nobel Prize winner Richard Feynman was a fierce bongo player. It can give you quite a workout! Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
10-01-2015, 09:18 PM
my ultimate goal isn't to make him quite.... "though I want that...." my ultimate goal is to give him something to do...

10-01-2015, 09:48 PM
1)there are these cool vapey thingys you/he should look into

2)I don't know of a hobby that could be so constantly interesting that he'd never have time to or want to smoke.

How old is he? If he likes recycling maybe buy him a metal detector and send him to a public beach?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
10-01-2015, 09:58 PM
lol... the way I like to look at it is 6 minutes is about twice as long as a comercial break. I heard somewhere that people did things during these breaks... like read a few pages to a novel.

10-01-2015, 10:19 PM
I don't watch television often. Almost never the type with commercials. Are they really that long? Jeesh. Reading is a great hobby. You don't even need the commercials just turn off the tv altogether Tongue

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
10-01-2015, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2015 10:34 PM by kunoxian drive.)
I will actually disagree with you about commercials.... one reason is while I had them my life was more structured... I know doing things during commercials may sound crazy but when I clean my room during comercials my room was 30% cleaner because of them... lol... and no timers are less effective.