need some help/how many opposites can you come up with

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-12-2014, 10:50 PM
need some help/how many opposites can you come up with
basically I am working on some story concepts for my new books.... the problem is I need an opposite too fate.... other promblems are I need more than one.... and free will and anti-fates are taken.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2014, 12:20 AM
RE: need some help/how many opposites can you come up with
"Anti-Fates." Really?

As far as I understand it there is no anyonym for fate, only terms describing a lack of destiny:
If fate is the only possible result of a series of events than having more possible end results is not it's opposite of that.

If Fate is some kind of anthropromorphised being exerting it's will to direct circumstance then the lack of that being isn't some kind of anti-fate.

But that's a slightly more philosophical answer than you seem to want.

I'm fond of express a lack of fate/ prophecy/ destiny/ whatever by using; self determination or own volition.
I don't think there's a single term describing it.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 2 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
17-12-2014, 03:42 PM
thank you for trying.. I wasn'ty looking for just one term but that did help.

anti-fate= one that wants to end the universe,

17-12-2014, 03:43 PM
If you told us what exactly you want the word for, maybe it would be easier. There's really no easy answer to this.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
17-12-2014, 03:51 PM
^This. I'm sorry if I'm/ we're just not getting it but I don't think you're being clear.

(17-12-2014 03:42 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  anti-fate= one that wants to end the universe,

Oh. Omnicide. I understand that now.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

17-12-2014, 06:18 PM
(17-12-2014 03:43 PM)under groundppid='702360 Wrote:  If you told us what exactly you want the word for, maybe it would be easier. There's really no easy answer to this.

I was watching necessary evil: dc villeins and I was using their methodology for making villains. they aid that your villein has to has to be something to your hero. like is your hero smart. then you not only need a smart counter part but other types of challenge.. so far I've come up with five possible new ones.
1. thitches= afraid of being eradicated by the new fates they lash out to take them down
2. the unfates= literally they erase parts of history
3.theed hunrtwer4= obvious because the new fates where somes theed{theeds are the mistakes of the fates}
3. disorderlies= where the anti-fates where for for destruction the disorderlies are for choas.

Tjose are what I can come up with and those are my caninditaes for my villans after I end the anti-fates. but6 I was looiki8ng for wjat might be next... lol

17-12-2014, 06:34 PM
http://youtu.be/zyZpzl0e0Ks

here is the quote.

17-12-2014, 09:13 PM
(17-12-2014 06:34 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  http://youtu.be/zyZpzl0e0Ks

here is the quote.

That really doesn't mean much:
Yes. The best villain is a foil for the protagonist. Absolutely. They should be a shadow archetype or a way of demonstrating the consequences of the heroes choices. They should inform the audience about the people they interact with.

Not because they're the antagonist but because that's what all characters are for. It's like saying that this specific type of chair is the best of that type of chair because it's used for sitting.

It's good that you've taken that to heart though; it's still an excellent starting point for any writer.

(17-12-2014 06:18 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 03:43 PM)under groundppid='702360 Wrote:  If you told us what exactly you want the word for, maybe it would be easier. There's really no easy answer to this.

I was watching necessary evil: dc villeins and I was using their methodology for making villains. they aid that your villein has to has to be something to your hero. like is your hero smart. then you not only need a smart counter part but other types of challenge.. so far I've come up with five possible new ones.
1. thitches= afraid of being eradicated by the new fates they lash out to take them down
2. the unfates= literally they erase parts of history
3.theed hunrtwer4= obvious because the new fates where somes theed{theeds are the mistakes of the fates}
3. disorderlies= where the anti-fates where for for destruction the disorderlies are for choas.

Tjose are what I can come up with and those are my caninditaes for my villans after I end the anti-fates. but6 I was looiki8ng for wjat might be next... lol

Most of those terms don't mean anything to us/ me. You're essentially dropping jargon without communicating because we/ I don't know the context of what you're talking about.

Can you please elaborate on:
-What is fate?
-What does it mean to fight for or against fate?
-How does one fight fate?
-What are the New Fates?
-Why do the New Fates want to eradicate the Thitches?
-Why do the Un-Fates want to destroy parts of history?
-How does one destroy a part of history? Would that not destroy all of history from that point? (By extension of that; What are your time travel rules?)
-What does it mean to be a mistake of the fates?
-What are the Anti-Fates?
-If the Anti-Fates are for destruction in the same way the Disorderlies are for chaos then what does being "For Destruction" or "For Chaos" mean?
-Are these organisations? Would a simpler implementation of the same idea be an individual doing things with the same motivation?
-Why would anything fighting for chaos be organised?
-What is their respective motivation for fighting against fate?
-Are your protagonists fighting for fate? Why?
-Are your protagonists part of an organisation themselves?
-Is the organisation distinct from fate?

And most importantly: Why would you need all of these conflicting factions? What purpose do they serve?

17-12-2014, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2014 10:26 PM by kunoxian drive.)
sorry

1. fate=custodians/rulers of the multiverse {plus inspiration of the fate sisters} they backdoor deside the destinies but selfconciously. In my last book unreleased the system of the fates are destroyed but the heroes continue on as custodians of the universe to protect order. so they are the new order.. After the next book I think they will be revived, but as a new entity by the main person that lead to them falling.

2. Think of cheating the fates as a sort of way to cheat the original fate sisters but this being my fates or the so called rullers of the multiverse....

3. The first book they fought the fates by one being aware that they where going to be erased from history. By being told so by an entity that set them on a new path to confront such things. and by using theyfact that they where mistakes of the fates to begin with like cryptnite. well kinda.

4. The old fares are the ones that wanted to eradicate the thitches. thitches are living broken pieces pf universe that have been humanized but instead of becoming theeds they become beings who's powers are things they aren't effected by... a.k.a gravity, damage and other stuff. theeds are literal mistakes of the fates. Basically, if a fate places on marshmello out of place. It would become a theed. Therefore, even touching it would ber like poison or burnig and eating it would be sure painful death....
an un-fats ex-job was to deal with theeds and thitches well the more powerfull theeds needed theed hunters. being unfated is to still be living, but nobody know you exist as if you never lived. they want revenge for losing their jobs..
edited for errors

17-12-2014, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2014 10:34 PM by kunoxian drive.)
5 mortals and the fate of truth act as the new custodiabns of the universe but they also allow free will. in this book they are going to defeat the anti-fate4s.
6. The anti-fates want o destroy the multiverse due to this being called f-8{who is literally the day of fates} they want to start over and shape the multiverse in their image so they can get sleep finally. The dosperderies just loie to watch things suffer and they hate rules. they want a universe where their is no rules this one can do anything... this is bad because this hurts the seams of reality making everything meaningless. they disoprderlies are not orginaized but they are very good friends. They are are not many of them but they re very poewerful.
fighting against fates are like fihting against manigment... if they can't do their job then tou are the good guy.
the protagonist where fighting against the fate sbut they are now the new fates working on th eribibal of he the fate organiazation. originally they where to be erased from time because they where theeds. thus they where in the fates way. the new fates aren't liikly to erase anyone but this mean cracks in time will remain.
the protagnonist are organized, but they are just barely. also the other organiztions used to be part of the old order who lost power and will be featuing back via process of fates ceal.... fates ceal was what gave the orignaly fatse their powers. well exccept the anti-fates who use anti-fate shards.

p.s sorry but I am flying through this I will need to spell check and that will taker me a while.

edited to the best of my abilty