need some help/how many opposites can you come up with

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-12-2014, 10:11 PM
RE: need some help/how many opposites can you come up with
I keep seeing the thread title and wanting to come up with opposites - like orange/teal, front/back, straight/curvy. I could do this all day. I am disappoint. Weeping

More related to "fate": randomness vs chaos.

[Image: Double-compound-pendulum.gif]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
17-12-2014, 11:25 PM
it got quiet...............

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
18-12-2014, 01:59 AM
(17-12-2014 09:48 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  sorry

1. fate=custodians/rulers of the multiverse {plus inspiration of the fate sisters} they backdoor deside the destinies but selfconciously. In my last book unreleased the system of the fates are destroyed but the heroes continue on as custodians of the universe to protect order. so they are the new order.. After the next book I think they will be revived, but as a new entity by the main person that lead to them falling.

When you say "The Sisters of Fate" do you mean the Norns, The Morai or both? (There might be more I'm not familiar with.)

Do they exist because "they just do" or were they begat by something? Were The Sisters once mortal like The New Fates?

How and why does one "protect order," why is that a good thing and what happens when order isn't enforced?

Quote:2. Think of cheating the fates as a sort of way to cheat the original fate sisters but this being my fates or the so called rullers of the multiverse....

That's not exactly what I was asking about:
Are they enforcing some kind of cosmic plan (This dude wins the lottery because it's the way the universes should be.) or are they bringing about a result they'd prefer? (This dude wins the lottery because Urd likes him.)

What is the thematic signifigance of "fighting fate" or going against the Sisters will?

Quote:3. The first book they fought the fates by one being aware that they where going to be erased from history. By being told so by an entity that set them on a new path to confront such things. and by using theyfact that they where mistakes of the fates to begin with like cryptnite. well kinda.

I'm sorry, cryptnite? (Cryptnite? A proper noun?)

I'm not sure what you mean; that's why they fight fate not how they fight The Fates. If somebody fights the fates by going against their will and changing the divine plan; then doesn't that make them and everything they interact with from then on a Thitch or a Theed?

Quote:4. The old fares are the ones that wanted to eradicate the thitches. thitches are living broken pieces pf universe that have been humanized but instead of becoming theeds they become beings who's powers are things they aren't effected by... a.k.a gravity, damage and other stuff. theeds are literal mistakes of the fates. Basically, if a fate places on marshmello out of place. It would become a theed. Therefore, even touching it would ber like poison or burnig and eating it would be sure painful death....

That makes some sense and I dig it. (I also dig that they sound like something from a Doctor Seuss book.)

Quote:an un-fats ex-job was to deal with theeds and thitches well the more powerfull theeds needed theed hunters. being unfated is to still be living, but nobody know you exist as if you never lived. they want revenge for losing their jobs..
edited for errors5 mortals and the fate of truth act as the new custodiabns of the universe but they also allow free will. in this book they are going to defeat the anti-fate4s.

How does a decision made by somebody with free will differ from a decision influenced by The Fates? If a decision made by somebody with free will conflicts with their destiny as layed out by/ enforced by The Fates then wouldn't that make them and everything they interact with from then on, a Thitch or a Theed?

How do the Sisters differ from mortals if a mortal can fufil the role occupied by The Sisters?

Who the hell is The Fate of Truth?

What decides if a Thitch or Theed is created as a result of the intervention, or lack of intervention of The Fates, new or old?

Quote:6. The anti-fates want o destroy the multiverse due to this being called f-8{who is literally the day of fates} they want to start over and shape the multiverse in their image so they can get sleep finally.

Why is the current state of the multiverse stopping The Anti-Fates from sleeping? How are they distinct from the multiverse if destroying everything won't kill them as well?

If they are distinct enough from the multiverse to survive it's destruction then wouldn't it be easier and less harmful to others to in some way alter themselves to make sleep easier?

What is The Day of Fates? Why is that/ he/ she important?

Quote:The dosperderies just loie to watch things suffer and they hate rules. they want a universe where their is no rules this one can do anything... this is bad because this hurts the seams of reality making everything meaningless

How does "hurting the seams of reality" make everything meaningless? What does "hurting the seams of reality" even mean?

Quote:The disoprderlies are not orginaized but they are very good friends. They are are not many of them but they re very poewerful.

Ok. Sure.

Quote:fighting against fates are like fihting against manigment... if they can't do their job then tou are the good guy.
the protagonist where fighting against the fate sbut they are now the new fates working on th eribibal of he the fate organiazation. originally they where to be erased from time because they where theeds. thus they where in the fates way. the new fates aren't liikly to erase anyone but this mean cracks in time will remain.

In reference to the cracks in time:
If you're talking about the Thitch's and Theed's; Why would not destroying them be a good thing if they're harmful by nature?

If you're talking about the Anti-Fates; they're trying to kill everybody, everywhen. How is destroying them not a good thing? (If you can't talk them down obviously.)

If you're talking about the Disorderlies; they're doing the exact same things as both the other groups, with malicious intent and while fully cognisant of the consequences of their actions. How is destroying them not as valid a course of action as destroying the other groups?

If you're talking about something else then I'm kinda confused and how does destroying any of them repair reality?

Quote:the protagnonist are organized, but they are just barely. also the other organiztions used to be part of the old order who lost power and will be featuing back via process of fates ceal.... fates ceal was what gave the orignaly fatse their powers. well exccept the anti-fates who use anti-fate shards.

Saying that a "Fate Seal" (Fate Ceal?) and an "Anti-Fate Shard" exists and gives people superpowers doesn't tell me anything about what they are.

Edit: I am a retardedly slow typist on my phone.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
18-12-2014, 02:24 AM
just like to point out my characters are based off the fate sisters but are not them...lol.

18-12-2014, 02:31 AM
^I got that. I just thought that it made it easier to read.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
18-12-2014, 02:41 AM

(Yesterday 10:48 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote: sorry

1. fate=custodians/rulers of the multiverse {plus inspiration of the fate sisters} they backdoor deside the destinies but selfconciously. In my last book unreleased the system of the fates are destroyed but the heroes continue on as custodians of the universe to protect order. so they are the new order.. After the next book I think they will be revived, but as a new entity by the main person that lead to them falling.

When you say "The Sisters of Fate" do you mean the Norns, The Morai or both? (There might be more I'm not familiar with.)
a. nether

Do they exist because "they just do" or were they begat by something? Were The Sisters once mortal like The New Fates?
a. they are choze the demi-fates{basicaly the head fates... demi is short for demenstrative.... in other words people with senyority but everything including the from the pool of radiance.. basicaly a cosmic pool of shadows contained within the parenial library. BTW: the pool came before the library.

How and why does one "protect order," why is that a good thing and what happens when order isn't enforced?
a. to prevent a bad guy from taking over and to protect the free will of the people who live in the universe.

Quote:2. Think of cheating the fates as a sort of way to cheat the original fate sisters but this being my fates or the so called rullers of the multiverse....

That's not exactly what I was asking about:
Are they enforcing some kind of cosmic plan (This dude wins the lottery because it's the way the universes should be.) or are they bringing about a result they'd prefer? (This dude wins the lottery because Urd likes him.)

a. they are sapposed to be care takers so thus they get complete authority over the thing they are over. they don't have to be over a univers. two examples are the fate of dreams whos the authority of the dream world and hope and the fate of ether ashes or dust. one of them gaurd the backdoor to heaven. btw. there are probably thosands of fates with differing j8bs some run entire universes others run spacifc constance btween the universes. think of it like the crew on a ship.

18-12-2014, 02:54 AM
What is the thematic signifigance of "fighting fate" or going against the Sisters will?

a. pretty much the same signifigence as outdoing a god but withot nfinite ability

Quote:3. The first book they fought the fates by one being aware that they where going to be erased from history. By being told so by an entity that set them on a new path to confront such things. and by using theyfact that they where mistakes of the fates to begin with like cryptnite. well kinda.

I'm sorry, cryptnite? (Cryptnite? A proper noun?)

I'm not sure what you mean; that's why they fight fate not how they fight The Fates. If somebody fights the fates by going against their will and changing the divine plan; then doesn't that make them and everything they interact with from then on a Thitch or a Theed?

a. never thought of that but I sppose there are back up plans.

Quote:4. The old fares are the ones that wanted to eradicate the thitches. thitches are living broken pieces pf universe that have been humanized but instead of becoming theeds they become beings who's powers are things they aren't effected by... a.k.a gravity, damage and other stuff. theeds are literal mistakes of the fates. Basically, if a fate places on marshmello out of place. It would become a theed. Therefore, even touching it would ber like poison or burnig and eating it would be sure painful death....

That makes some sense and I dig it. (I also dig that they sound like something from a Doctor Seuss book.)

Quote:an un-fats ex-job was to deal with theeds and thitches well the more powerfull theeds needed theed hunters. being unfated is to still be living, but nobody know you exist as if you never lived. they want revenge for losing their jobs..
edited for errors5 mortals and the fate of truth act as the new custodiabns of the universe but they also allow free will. in this book they are going to defeat the anti-fate4s.

How does a decision made by somebody with free will differ from a decision influenced by The Fates? If a decision made by somebody with free will conflicts with their destiny as layed out by/ enforced by The Fates then wouldn't that make them and everything they interact with from then on, a Thitch or a Theed?

the univerese are hooked up to the fates self conscience thus the descions even a miiscule one is not effected by their rullings on thing but there are alwaystimes the fate inpartivylar isn't clear in their vission or on a euling also there could be a situation like what caused the main character to become theeds ofv= multiple fates. basicaly this happerned because one fate wasd being laxzy and lety three others take his joob.. it should be noted that all a cfate really jas to do is keep the universe oppersational and runing. therefore they can do as they will with it. lasti;ly free will is a hasnds poff a proach to runing the lives of iothers. basoca;;y people go around with being hooked up[pp to or effected by a fates self conscious mind.

18-12-2014, 03:03 AM
How do the Sisters differ from mortals if a mortal can fufil the role occupied by The Sisters?

the min charaxcter are protected or at least where by fates ceal.. they where ordaned by the demi fates as fates due to the fact of wjhat the orignal fatyes didthus they are called the mortal fates... it should al;so be noted rthat destroyoing ffates ceal took out theedemi fates and the nly posible way to get back those powers are to get a piece of fates ceal or a antifate shard if you donwant to be an anti-fate. well I think I'll hacve to figure out a way also to revive or recrate a hole new systyem of fates, as well. maybe siometing to do with the other thrre ppools... a.k.a the pool of revelations.. a pool of light that can be used to create.. the pool of truth tghe one used to nake fayes ceal and thepool of lies/ the anti fates pool. also it shoul;d be noted everything in my universe comes in fours. just thought I should noote that,
Who the hell is The Fate of Truth?

What decides if a Thitch or Theed is created as a result of the intervention, or lack of arr.

thetty are do to ef ups by the fates of any kinf. my main vilan decl;ared that everybody in existence was hert messd uup thus.. well lets just say she should be glad sge git killed in the third book. because she would be one lonely person. also a fate can mess up anywhee and create a thheed o to a ruke set ibnto fates ceal. that they must be f;aw;ees in action and perfect. t5hus thety cre4ate many theeds a year. maybe at leasty three becasuse perfectyis subjective.

18-12-2014, 03:21 AM
last of the first sety of questions..

Quote:6. The anti-fates want o destroy the multiverse due to this being called f-8{who is literally the day of fates} they want to start over and shape the multiverse in their image so they can get sleep finally.

Why is the current state of the multiverse stopping The Anti-Fates from sleeping? How are they distinct from the multiverse if destroying everything won't kill them as well?
nope think yjeuy just hope to not exist but there are ways to end 99.9 percent and then remake everything then destoy th ,1 percent thus nothing of rthe old universes would exist....
If they are distinct enough from the multiverse to survive it's destruction then wouldn't it be easier and less harmful to others to in some way alter themselves to make sleep easier?
never tyhpuigh of thart but In my original notes hey have a dissesa that cause them tio bnot sleep asn thus they get real freebin tpranoidff ofg existing.. has something to do with the pool of lies.

What is The Day of Fates? Why is that/ he/ she important? not sure must of been a mis spelling on my oart.

Quote:The dosperderies just loie to watch things suffer and they hate rules. they want a universe where their is no rules this one can do anything... this is bad because this hurts the seams of reality making everything meaningless

How does "hurting the seams of reality" make everything meaningless? What does "hurting the seams of reality" even mean?
basocally if one cn do anything then the lines between differnet peoples identity gop away. this we all become one persn with differinfg personalities,. Oi have a plcer kinda of like this in the new book i am working on.,. nothing isd nailed down so there fore it never happened.

Quote:The disoprderlies are not orginaized but they are very good friends. They are are not many of them but they re very poewerful.

Ok. Sure.

Quote:fighting against fates are like fihting against manigment... if they can't do their job then tou are the good guy.
the protagonist where fighting against the fate sbut they are now the new fates working on th eribibal of he the fate organiazation. originally they where to be erased from time because they where theeds. thus they where in the fates way. the new fates aren't liikly to erase anyone but this mean cracks in time will remain.

In reference to the cracks in time:
If you're talking about the Thitch's and Theed's; Why would not destroying them be a good thing if they're harmful by nature?
theeds aren' t just harmful to that particular fatea. but Thitches are they areerode pieces of exisrtence till nothing there matters.kind of like the disorderlies want.. the rthitcghes on te otyher hand really want orde but thety also want to exist. thusthe ketch 22. they only way they can be killed is to be fixed thus they sstoop living. the new fates don't do rtyhis becaise they are ran by the mortal fayes who will not even fix rtthe cracks in time due to thefacdt thatwould be genicide. of a qwuum scale.

If you're talking about the Anti-Fates; they're trying to kill everybody, everywhen. How is destroying them not a good thing? (If you can't talk them down obviously.)

If you're talking about the Disorderlies; they're doing the exact same things as both the other groups, with malicious intent and while fully cognisant of the consequences of their actions. How is destroying them not as valid a course of action as destroying the other groups?

they opperate sepperatily and the disprderlies are not part of thepool pf lies. I think at this point in my head they are locked up but getfree.

If you're talking about something else then I'm kinda confused and how does destroying any of them repair reality?
it want but the thirches exist because of the brookedn reality. so fixinfg it woyled end them..

Quote:the protagnonist are organized, but they are just barely. also the other organiztions used to be part of the old order who lost power and will be featuing back via process of fates ceal.... fates ceal was what gave the orignaly fatse their powers. well exccept the anti-fates who use anti-fate shards.

Saying that a "Fate Seal" (Fate Ceal?) and an "Anti-Fate Shard" exists and gives people superpowers doesn't tell me anything about what they are.

fastyes ceal is the thing t6hatg gives the originafates controkl of the universe but it istied to thepool of truth and has therwe laws on it. also tjhey fouer pools are tiesd togetjher thus leading back to the poolk of raduence. the pool of radiebce is attaced to everything in existence. destroying it. which youy vcan't oor cauttinfgg off its waves would be a grweat way to ebd everything.

Ed

18-12-2014, 03:23 AM
sorry forgot.. fate shards are the opposite part of fate ceal.. mainly because everything exist in fours in my univers.