new dangerous virus superbacteria?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2010, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2010 04:17 PM by Germanatheist007.)
new dangerous virus superbacteria?
Hi,

i don´t know if you already heard it but there´s yet again another "superbacteria" myth
all just pharmacy propaganda, right? well, WRONG!!!

But many people seem to believe exactly that and i just wanted address the issue now, before there´s again a global media hype

and for the start i want to begin with the denialists arguments.

ach, don´t be afraid, they just want to squeeze money out of it like with the swine flu

WTF ?!? We´re not talking about a new supposed "castingstar", we´re talking about an actual, new and very dangerous bacteria that is resitant to antibiotics and is dangerous just BECAUSE they said it could take years to invent a new vaccine for it. And OF COURSE they´re getting money for it that´s why they´re working there, but you have to realize that these people are not just charlatanes who are grabbing for your money, these people have spent years studying and researching at univerisities, they know what they´re talking about and really care about your health and wellbeing. What the people making this arguments seem to forget is that people actually died from swine flu, so what are you going to say to the relatives of this people, they shouldn´t be sad because it was all just propaganda anyway? No, the disease was prevented from spreading by taking the right actions BEFORE it started causing real trouble. It´s like trying to convince others to not wear a condom while having sex with strangers because you once had one and didn´t get AIDS and it would just give money to the condom concerns, see the logic simply fails... or is AIDS also just pharmacy propaganda?

man don´t panic, bacterias were around for millions of years and humanity for 160000 years and antibiotics existed only for a few decades so this will also go away.

well, yes, but you know what happend to people in the past who were infected by seemingly uncurable diseases? THEY FRIGGIN DIED. People in the past, like the stone age, lived in little groups with only about a dozen member on a few square kilometers, if this group was affected they simply went extinct. Of course poeple in those days other groups but only to pass on beneficial genetic information, if they interbred with ill individuals they were sorted out (natural selection). But what they didn´t have was the modern globalisation. They didn´t have planes and ships, if one affected individual comes from asia to europe it can spread there within weeks. I mean how do they think aids became alive? It started in one place with one little mutation and started an incomparable march of death throughout the world and while aids is not attacking your body directly whilst this bacteria is, it´s probably even more dangerous.

What these people also fail to metion is, that the avergage human life span more than DOUBLED within the last 150 years. That´s more than 30 years of your life you got to enjoy longer than you would´ve usually, thanks to reseach done by this "blood sucking" pharmacists dedicating there lifes to your benefit. I mean we had people usually die at average ages of about 30-40 years of age for thousands of years and hadn´t raised that for more than five years and that only due to increasing hygiene and than suddenly *poof* we doubled it out of nowhere? Coincidence? I don´t think so.

It´s basically the same as climate and evolution denial. It doesn´t help or benefit anyone it´s completely useless and even worth it does actually damage many people. They would´ve been dead years ago if not for people who are working there asses of to enable them a better, safer and longer life, just that they can speak out against tose people. They take there antibiotics, go to the drugstore, take there vaccine and run to the doctor after every whistle but then speak out against that. It´s just total hypocrisy, i bet you people, for your own sake, don´t fall for this crap. What does this denial to increase our knowledge? Who´s benefiting from it?
NOT YOU, so why do this common people speak out against it? Because their minds have been filled with prejudices by the people who are benefiting from it, the people writing the propaganda, writing the books and holding public seminars. The people who are deliberately lying and damaging our modern civilisation for there personal advance, this are the people worth speaking out against and the the pharmacists, metereologists or biologists. If not for that they´d have to go back selling used cars and woder-drugs, they will never change the mind no matter what evidences will come to hand because they never had this in their minds in the first place! Please remind yourself of that the next time you hear somebody talking about "better science"

Well but there are only about 10 known incidences in india and only one or two in the european countre they were sighted and so far only one person died

Do you really think that there are really only ten incidences in the land where in started but there are already some in europe and japan ?
The important thing about this sentence is the word "KNOWN", there are giant slums in india where diseases can´t be prevented from spreading and because they don´t have any kind of health care they´re unable to go to hospitals for a diagnosis. So it is possible that are already hundreds if not thousands of infected people and it is VERY likely that there is already more than one dead. What we have to do know is NOT closing our eyes, we have to start researching on that topic NOW and with all our might, but even if we do that there will still be more deaths´and you can only pray to your nonexisting god that you won´t be one of them.

There´s an easy way of preventing such things called hygiene[/color]

That´s that´s even right to some degree. But again aids is a very good example. You could just say, "hey, stop unprotected sex with strangers", but that´s easier done than said and besides this is not the only way of spreading. Just recently we had a case here in germany were a nurse carelessly used the same needle for saveral patients and another incident where a crazy madman ran trough a mass and randomly stabbed people, sadly one of them had aids and infected the other victims. Germs and bacterias spread in the most curious ways so if you don´t completely insist on stop drinking eating and leavign your entirely sterilised house this won´t be the final solution. If you don´t believe it´s dangerous ok, but stop telling other people things about issues you don´t know anything about. Let the scientists do the research and look if it can be aranged with your own observations, but not BEFORE that...

hoa hoa *redneck laughter* shwine fluw, bird fluw whad komshs nexd, kammel fluw? hoa hoa *redneck laughter* we beeble are jusd doo shmard foor thish shtopid shientishts hoa hoa

or you funking dimwits´ just don´t understand the basics of microbiology and pull things out of your assholes without any backround knowledge!!!
These people are basically playing russian roulette, just because the bullet didn´t hit the first five times doesn´t mean it won´t do so the 6th time.

To you rational readers out there. I´m not telling you to mindlesly agree with what the experts have to say but don´t dismiss this situation because you think the past few epedemics weren´t "that bad" (just to remind you, people actually died). But stop listening to stupid fucknuts making truthclaims about things they don´t know anything about, they´re not worth it. Do research on your own if it agrees with your observation it´s fine, if not it´s ok too, but don´t dismiss the evidences if you don´t know about it and don´t tell others what to do if you don´t have the qualifications.

i know, calling it a "superbacteria" is a bit overstated but there are already germs in hospitals that already evolved some kind of immunity to antibiotics due to the unresponsible use of it and this is already on another scale so please don´t take it to lightly.

best wishes from germany

PS: this wher actual (a bit edited) uder comments.

Grammatical errors are special effects of my keyboard

EMO, because homo is not gay enoughTongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2010, 03:12 PM
RE: new dangerous virus superbacteria?
I have no idea what I just read, but I agree that the money grabbing thing is a bit bogus. My country has an NHS anyway so my medicine is free for the most part. xD

Jesus Jumping Christ on a traction engine wearing a kilt and eating a marmite sandwich!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2010, 10:28 PM
''The swine flu was a scam! We got vaccinations, but it did'nt even kill that many!''

I guess you do'nt like that kinda people too, welcome to the club. Just because we're an incredibly successfull specie, does'nt mean that alot of us can't die to an epidemic. And preparing for a possible serious epidemic is always the right thing to do.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
19-09-2010, 11:08 PM

A bacteria is not a virus, and vice-versa. Bacteria can be checked by antibiotics; viruses can't. Both can be vaccinated for, though usually it is reserved for viruses. Viruses include the common cold (rhinoviruses), some cancers (parvovirus in dogs, HPV in humans), MMR, influenza, polio, HIV/AIDS and so on. Bacterial infections include some childhood diseases (diptheria, whooping cough, some ear and lung infections), most skin infections, strep, staph and others. There is are also parasitic diseases (like dysentary and sleeping sickness) as well as genetic diseases (sickle-cell anemia, MS), and some with weirder etiology (asthma, auto-immune diseases).

Inasmuch as your posting ignores these important differences in diseases, I'm inclined to ignore your whole post.
Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2010, 04:19 AM
(19-09-2010 11:08 PM)puncheex Wrote:  Inasmuch as your posting ignores these important differences in diseases, I'm inclined to ignore your whole post.

You're not doing a very good job of it! LOL.

Just visiting.

-SR
20-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:I'm inclined to ignore your whole post.
May I ask why? I do'nt see how not notifying the difference between viruses and bacteria ruins the whole post.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
21-09-2010, 11:49 PM

(20-09-2010 06:47 AM)Kikko Wrote:  
May I ask why? I do'nt see how not notifying the difference between viruses and bacteria ruins the whole post.

Perhaps it has something to do with

Germanatheist007 Wrote:or you funking dimwits´ just don´t understand the basics of microbiology and pull things out of your assholes without any backround knowledge!!!

Now, it seems to me that bashing people who willfully misunderstand science is a good idea, but one should do it from a position of strength. Some denialists out there do know the difference between a virus and a bacteria, and they'll twist you around the flagpole if you go in without any ammunition in your gun. Of course, you are among (relative) friends here, but if this is practice for going up against any forum of anti-vaxxers I'm aware of, you'll not be doing yourself or science any favors.
23-09-2010, 02:03 PM

(21-09-2010 11:49 PM)puncheex Wrote:  I'm inclined to ignore your whole post.

This line bothers me more than anything else posted recently.

The idea that validation by you is necessary seems...sad.

This line is an empty threat. By saying how much you want to ignore something, you are actually drawing attention to it. Had you simply ignored it, and not said a word, this thread would have died out on its own and you would not have even needed to do anything.

Saying "I'm inclined to ignore your whole post" assumes that you are coming at him from a position of superiority, then you go to talk to him about coming at someone from a position of superiority...almost as though your speaking up made this thread better or gave his post validity.

I ignored his original post simply by marking it as "read", and not feeling the need to say anything to him about it. Next time you want to ignore something, just walk on by. Works for billions of people.
23-09-2010, 09:44 PM

(23-09-2010 02:03 PM)Soldieringon Wrote:  
(21-09-2010 11:49 PM)puncheex Wrote:  I'm inclined to ignore your whole post.

This line bothers me more than anything else posted recently.

The idea that validation by you is necessary seems...sad.

This line is an empty threat. By saying how much you want to ignore something, you are actually drawing attention to it. Had you simply ignored it, and not said a word, this thread would have died out on its own and you would not have even needed to do anything.

Saying "I'm inclined to ignore your whole post" assumes that you are coming at him from a position of superiority, then you go to talk to him about coming at someone from a position of superiority...almost as though your speaking up made this thread better or gave his post validity.

I ignored his original post simply by marking it as "read", and not feeling the need to say anything to him about it. Next time you want to ignore something, just walk on by. Works for billions of people.

Point taken. I would say that perhaps the gentleman needs a challenge to know what others think about his attempt to attack with a dull knife, but, as you say, he will eventually find that out. I explained above why I wrote what I wrote. But "empty threat"? Nope, not in the least. Perhaps he can learn from that, when a yawning silence would not teach so. It is my hope.
18-10-2010, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2010 02:36 PM by Germanatheist007.)
(21-09-2010 11:49 PM)puncheex Wrote:  
(20-09-2010 06:47 AM)Kikko Wrote:  

Perhaps it has something to do with

Germanatheist007 Wrote:or you funking dimwits´ just don´t understand the basics of microbiology and pull things out of your assholes without any backround knowledge!!!

Now, it seems to me that bashing people who willfully misunderstand science is a good idea, but one should do it from a position of strength. Some denialists out there do know the difference between a virus and a bacteria, and they'll twist you around the flagpole if you go in without any ammunition in your gun. Of course, you are among (relative) friends here, but if this is practice for going up against any forum of anti-vaxxers I'm aware of, you'll not be doing yourself or science any favors.

woops, yeah i acknowledge your criticism, and accept that this was a mistake because of my bad english skills. But Bacteria or virus was not the topic of the thread.

But you are right, i just read some stupid articals, but it was in german so that´s probably because of bad translation, but i just was in rant-mood and wanted to know your opinion...

you can close the thread now

EMO, because homo is not gay enoughTongue