new life+

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2017, 06:05 PM
new life+
lets just say you've completed the game of life...{a.k.a died} and you are given the option of a new life plus mode... in new life plus you relive your life but in this world you can make four of the following five changes. 1. change or add a theme to the world.... i.e. fantasy, scifi or what ever. you can even stack these. change yourself.. i.e different gender or race.. even a fictional if you'd like. these also stack. 3. you at now a prodigy in whatever field you wish even if it dosen't exist. 4. life becomes 29.9 percent easier for you...you can even stack these 5. you can add one love/bff interest into your life that has even unrealistic qualities even race and will always be true to you till the end.

p.s. all of these stack... lol....

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2017, 09:35 PM
new life+
Impossibility of the idea aside one life is enough for me.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-08-2017, 09:54 PM
RE: new life+
I would not want another life.
24-08-2017, 08:38 AM
it's just a spirited what if anyways.....

24-08-2017, 10:26 AM
(23-08-2017 06:05 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  lets just say you've completed the game of life...{a.k.a died} and you are given the option of a new life plus mode... in new life plus you relive your life but in this world you can make four of the following five changes. 1. change or add a theme to the world.... i.e. fantasy, scifi or what ever. you can even stack these. 2. change yourself.. i.e different gender or race.. even a fictional if you'd like. these also stack. 3. you at now a prodigy in whatever field you wish even if it doesn't exist. 4. life becomes 29.9 percent easier for you...you can even stack these 5. you can add one love/bff interest into your life that has even unrealistic qualities even race and will always be true to you till the end.

I like "what if" scenarios.

1. With climate change, the world is quite "sci-fi" enough for me. 2. I would make myself more logical and smarter, mostly by improving my memory. 3. I would chose to be an artistic prodigy, to make my livelihood as a landscape painter. 4. Life would be much easier for me just with those two improvements. 5. I did well with my present wife, but would skip my first wife and many of my previous friends as well. All of this would have made my parents very happy, as well as me.

Hindsight....
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
24-08-2017, 12:39 PM
mine
!. and 2. I'd be a neko girl{like in anime}
3. a little fantasy genre extra to the world wouldn't hurt.
4. I'd be a novelist prodigy.

[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
24-08-2017, 09:21 PM
I pass. I really do not want to relive my life. No way.

But I am interested in other people's choices.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
26-08-2017, 03:55 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2017 05:39 AM by EvolutionKills.)
I wouldn't want to change the world, as the advantage of starting over again from the beginning but with foreknowledge is taking advantage of that foreknowledge. So resetting the world to Star Wars and going in blind, might be fun in theory, but could quickly devolve into something much worse. I've already rolled well in this reality, being a white CIS male growing up in a lower-middle class family in the north eastern United States.

So I'd take the things that make me better at a second run, prodigy and the nebulous 'easy mode' boost. I'd just focus my efforts with the benefits of hindsight, such as not wasting 5 years at a private art college only to learn that I really liked computers but lacked the drive to be a professional in the field I was studying.

As they say, youth is wasted on the young. If I could go back even with just the knowledge I have now, I would in a heartbeat. Invest in Apple or Marvel when they're in a slump, or get in on the ground floor at Google or Pixar? Tip off the FBI to the 9-11 plot? Kill Donald Trump with a shovel to the face?

I'd use my foreknowledge to gain a small but not insignificant edge in life, then live out my life in comfortable obscurity. Probably doing something esoteric but enjoyable, like restoring old motorcycles. If money is no object and you have little to no responsibilities or obligations to others, then it's hard to imagine a better life than one where you just tinker around with your hobbies and little else to worry about. Maybe with enough time and tinkering I'd manage to turn one of those hobbies into something almost resembling a job, but without the financial pressure to be successful.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
26-08-2017, 07:42 AM
Reincarnation is probably the only sort of afterlife I'd enjoy, prefferably without remembering prior lives.

I wouldn't mind just living a new, normal life. I'd love to see how humans (hopefully ) advance for the next few hundred years.

Otherwise my ideal world would be steampunk, Nausicaa-esque, where airships and gliders were the normal mode of transportation.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
26-08-2017, 08:36 AM
(24-08-2017 12:39 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  mine
!. and 2. I'd be a neko girl{like in anime}
3. a little fantasy genre extra to the world wouldn't hurt.
4. I'd be a novelist prodigy.

Number 2. I would too given the option. Maybe that's why I play a Neko girl in FFXIV...

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin