Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2011, 06:08 AM

Information new member
Hi gang,
I'm 61,married,3 children,4 grandchildren.I am a CCU RN.My wife is a nurse also.Been bringing people back to life for over 20 yrs.I've been atheist since
my post roman catholic alter boy days(no I wasn't molested).CAPS OMITTED
on purpose.I get so sick of people thanking jesus when we (the code team)
bring grandma back to life with shocks,cpr, and epi/atropine.Then I have to hear from my workers that jesus is working through me(celestial dictatorship is what i call it).I have very,very,strong atheist viewpoints and will have fun with this forum.

[/font]
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2011, 07:51 AM
RE: new member
(04-02-2011 06:08 AM)awajuk999 Wrote:  Hi gang,
I'm 61,married,3 children,4 grandchildren.I am a CCU RN.My wife is a nurse also.Been bringing people back to life for over 20 yrs.I've been atheist since
my post roman catholic alter boy days(no I wasn't molested).CAPS OMITTED
on purpose.I get so sick of people thanking jesus when we (the code team)
bring grandma back to life with shocks,cpr, and epi/atropine.Then I have to hear from my workers that jesus is working through me(celestial dictatorship is what i call it).I have very,very,strong atheist viewpoints and will have fun with this forum.

[/font]
Welcome. Noisy christians got you down? We have threads for that Smile

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2011, 04:51 PM
What I find to be stupid is how christians get so defensive and or hostile when asked, "if god wants grandma to survive, why didn't he just prevent the sickness, or accident, that would have killed her if the EMT's didn't show up on time to save her life?"

CAPS OMITTED. too. You are not the first one here to do that. Neither am I. Somebody beat us on the draw.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
05-02-2011, 10:59 AM
(04-02-2011 06:08 AM)awajuk999 Wrote:  CAPS OMITTED
???
I don't understand this.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
05-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Pretty sure that refers to omitting caps from religous titles, names etc. I never capitalize "god" and the like.

Just visiting.

-SR
05-02-2011, 05:22 PM
That is what I mean by it. I use it to show a lack of respect.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
05-02-2011, 10:44 PM
(05-02-2011 05:22 PM)No J. Wrote:  That is what I mean by it. I use it to show a lack of respect.
When christians use "God" with the capital G it seems to me that they're conveying a lack of respect to everyone who doesn't believe in THEIR god. So your point is fair enough.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
06-02-2011, 04:34 AM
Ahh! I'm no longer the old guy here! I'm 51. Welcome old fart! (Just kidding).
I'm here less than a month myself. I also have very strong Atheist viewpoints That include being sickened by the Stupidity of Creationists, Particularly when this countries youth is being taught their stupidity in place of Reason and the sciences. We are going to become the "Union of Stupid Assholes" if nothing is done about it. Thankfully, I have recently seen some encouraging news about students organizing support groups for atheists and the like.

The Beauty of The Scientific Method , is the Anticipation of a Better Explanation.
06-02-2011, 05:54 AM
Welcome!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2011, 07:41 AM
God: BS with a capital!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.