06-05-2014, 09:38 PM
new member and new atheist!
Saying hello!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Je.Haubner's post
06-05-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: new member and new atheist!
(06-05-2014 09:38 PM)Je.Haubner Wrote:  Saying hello!

Hey, welcome to the forum.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
06-05-2014, 09:55 PM
(06-05-2014 09:38 PM)Je.Haubner Wrote:  Saying hello!

Welcome. Good to have you with us!

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes CindysRain's post
06-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Hello to you. Glad you found the forum. You can post some background here or not - up to you. If you hang around here long enough, I'm sure we'll wheedle it out of you, anyway. Wink

It's an international forum so we're a pretty diverse bunch... we even have a theist or two sneaking around... Dodgy they can be hard to scrape off.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
06-05-2014, 10:03 PM
(06-05-2014 09:56 PM)kim Wrote:  Hello to you. Glad you found the forum. You can post some background here or not - up to you. If you hang around here long enough, I'm sure we'll wheedle it out of you, anyway. Wink

It's an international forum so we're a pretty diverse bunch... we even have a theist or two sneaking around... Dodgy they can be hard to scrape off.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

Hi kim! Not sure where to start... my entire family is pentecostal bible thumping Christians... I have been a Christian all my life until January 2014. I started watching lee lemon on youtube followed by Jacqlyn Glenn and Seth. He is the reason for my heathenism lol!
06-05-2014, 10:23 PM
WOW - you really are a new atheist!
Here...

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
06-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Welcome to our community! Glad to have you here.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-05-2014, 06:36 AM
(06-05-2014 10:23 PM)kim Wrote:  WOW - you really are a new atheist!
Here...

Kim, that made me tear up... I have been a super fan of science since I was 5 years old. I wanted to be an astronaut! In my family sience was shunned and I had my parents tell me to walk out of my biology classroom when evolution came up... I didn't though. I find it really sad. I would rather know an uncomfortable truth than a beautiful lie.
[+] 1 user Likes Je.Haubner's post
07-05-2014, 06:56 AM
(07-05-2014 06:36 AM)Je.Haubner Wrote:  I would rather know an uncomfortable truth than a beautiful lie.

Figuring out who one is and living it... very often turn out to be different things. There's a lot for you to learn, about you.

Better late than never. Wink

07-05-2014, 07:01 AM
(07-05-2014 06:56 AM)kim Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 06:36 AM)Je.Haubner Wrote:  I would rather know an uncomfortable truth than a beautiful lie.

Figuring out who one is and living it... very often turn out to be different things. There's a lot for you to learn, about you.

Better late than never. Wink

My husband and I will be moving to a new state sometime next year to get away from religious family so we can start that healing process and develop healthy self esteem and start fresh because he is also a brand new atheist