new used car

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2017, 09:13 PM
new used car
Even though I prayed and prayed my clunker has gotten older and clunkier. Odometer died awhile back but I'd say it was around 105,000.

I can't fix a damn thing myself.

It's just hard to decide when to get a new old piece of shit that keeps needing this and that.

I ain't got nothing for a down payment. Thinking maybe they'll let me drive off with something worth about 5 grand.

How do you know when it's a cheaper to move on? All I want is something that runs.

Help this old fool. Cars suck.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2017, 09:43 PM
RE: new used car
Tell us about the the specific problems of the current clunker, what it is, etc.
07-03-2017, 09:44 PM
new used car
If all you have is 5k then you need to invest that money in a mechanic class because anything you buy for that amount is going to need work.

Even if you get a Toyota, the alternator, starter, cv joints, hoses, belts, sensors, etc. will go out when the car has high miles. There is no getting around this.

If you get a used car, get one that has 75 to 90,000 miles (or less) on it. You probably won't have many issues for a while. Once a car gets 150k, things start rotting and failing.

I recommend that you get a Toyota. They are the best built cars on the road. I expect a Honda would be a good choice as well but I have no first hand experience with them.

Good luck. Choose wisely.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
07-03-2017, 10:00 PM
(07-03-2017 09:43 PM)skyking Wrote:  Tell us about the the specific problems of the current clunker, what it is, etc.

98 Oldsmobile Intrigue

Smells like it's on fire lol
07-03-2017, 10:01 PM
Get a motorbike.

[Image: oscar.png]
07-03-2017, 10:03 PM
Quote:If all you have is 5k

I don't have anything. I'm just thinking they'll let me drive off with something worth that.
07-03-2017, 10:07 PM
(07-03-2017 10:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Get a motorbike.

My wife needs to be able to drive it.

Still an option. I thought of it. Used to have one when I was a kid. Wish I wasn't such a fat ass.
07-03-2017, 10:08 PM
I second the vote for a used Toyota. A few years ago I spent about $8,000 CDN for a 2003 Corolla with just under 100,000 kilometres on it, so about $6K US dollars for a car with 60,000 miles on it. I just passed 150,000 km and the only major repair has been the starter, although there are a couple of non-urgent items on the to-fix list. Overall I've spent less on repairs than with any other car I've owned, and it isn't even close.

Honourable mention to the Ford Taurus I used to have -- Overall it was a pretty decent set of wheels, although a larger car than I like to drive.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
07-03-2017, 10:13 PM
Quote:2003 Corolla

I can dig it.
07-03-2017, 11:31 PM
I just wanted to add that horses suck.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post