noahs ark

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2013, 07:59 AM
RE: noahs ark
(24-09-2013 07:47 AM)I Am Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 01:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  This is good guy Mike Birbiglia. Once upon a time he made fun of my local zoo on a Comedy Central special. Unfortunately this caused him to get some unwarranted hate mail. Fortunately the next time he performed in Erie, one of the zookeepers attended and actually invited Mike on a backstage tour of the zoo. Mike has since then sponsored a few of the animals and made a donation to the zoo.

In all seriousness: Stay classy Mike, this is just another reason why you're one of my favorite stand-up comedians. Thumbsup

PS. This is a way better story than Noah's Ark, amiright? Big Grin

I'm sure your zoo is nice. Your reporter, though, says "Ex-specially."

It's still just Erie. We can have a nice zoo or good reporters, but not both... Weeping

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Can I just say that local news segment is great? They captioned the zoo guy as "Erie zoo guy". I've been to Erie a couple times (missed the zoo, though). Not that I recall anything in particular about it.

Huh. Now I really want to go to a zoo again. But that'll probably have to wait until next summer.

... this is my signature!
24-09-2013, 08:28 AM
Actually you can't live the poor fluffy fishies in water, you heartless heathen. Flood water is all the wrong salinity either for river fish or sea life. You got to find room for the whales. Reassuringly, water mammals probably qualify as filthy. Means you only require two of each «kind».
Now one thing about bacterias is how Noah discriminated male and female. That's if bacteria even qualify as life depending on definition.
[+] 1 user Likes GaëlK7's post
24-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Just curious. If all plant life was destroyed on the earth, wouldn't that do something to the oxygen level of the planet?
[+] 1 user Likes DeavonReye's post
24-09-2013, 10:24 AM
(24-09-2013 10:15 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Just curious. If all plant life was destroyed on the earth, wouldn't that do something to the oxygen level of the planet?

Yes. The biosphere has a huge role in influencing the atmosphere. Not that the vast amounts of water appearing and disappearing, plus the necessarily cataclysmic geological turmoil wouldn't have even more massive effects on atmospheric composition.

Funny how literally none of the tens of thousands of polar ice cores we've sampled show any such evidence.

Not that the ice caps and glaciers could have existed during the flood. So they must have been formed after (!). Which there's also literally no evidence of or possible mechanism for...

Whoops! Look's like we're back to this again:
[Image: its-magic-i-aint-gotta-explain-shit2.jpg]

... this is my signature!
24-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Yep. The picture is right.

They were in the ark for about a half of a year. Life would have died long before that point, I would think. So, yeah, . . . . . .Magic!!
24-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Aww, I miss the Wild Animal Park. I used to work there, super lovely place and people (and animals). I think I am due for a visit, soon. It's not called the WAP anymore now it's the SD Zoo Safari Park.
24-09-2013, 11:56 PM
EVIL DUCKS!

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
25-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Yeah, the Eddie Izzard video is both funny and thought provoking. :-D