non-fictionish

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2015, 11:08 PM
non-fictionish
I was kind of curios..... If you could have a non-fiction style book on anything in fiction what would they be and why....

my list so far....
1. rainbow philosophy {the rainbow factory song}
2. magic{fairy tail or harry potter or ff}
3. mech building in gundam 00
4. the force
5. naruto’s martial arts
6. the after life{bleach}
7. souls{soul eater}
8. mecromancy{boarderlands}
9. the avatar{the avatar series}
10. the crystals ff
11. the soul society {bleach}
12. the triforce
13. the death star
14. alchemy[full metal alchemist}
15. neko/fox peple eastern mythology
16. Elven cultar including drow

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2015, 03:25 AM
RE: non-fictionish
What do you mean by "non-fiction style books"?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
12-01-2015, 03:37 AM
basicaly I mean a fiction book that treats itself like a book of knoledge for learning. for example a text book on a subject.

12-01-2015, 06:43 AM
(12-01-2015 03:37 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  basicaly I mean a fiction book that treats itself like a book of knoledge for learning. for example a text book on a subject.

You mean, making something like an encyclopaedia for a particular work or element of fiction? Or some sort of in-universe equivalent?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-01-2015, 07:54 AM
(12-01-2015 06:43 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 03:37 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  basicaly I mean a fiction book that treats itself like a book of knoledge for learning. for example a text book on a subject.

You mean, making something like an encyclopaedia for a particular work or element of fiction? Or some sort of in-universe equivalent?

simply yes.

12-01-2015, 01:29 PM
(12-01-2015 07:54 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 06:43 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You mean, making something like an encyclopaedia for a particular work or element of fiction? Or some sort of in-universe equivalent?

simply yes.

I'd actually love more stuff like this. I often end up wishing I could explore certain aspects of a work of fiction in depth; I rarely find the vague hand-waving of the Force to be satisfying.
That's the 'why' you asked for in the OP in general, but I'll expand for each thing.

One thing I would love to have would be an Encyclopaedia Mechwarrior/BattleTech; The idea of mechs itself interests me; I know they are not very practical, but they are fucking awesome as an idea. How they became the de-facto weapon of war in that universe interests me above all else.

The OP already mentioned the Force: I'd love to see a deconstruction or explanation of the Force. I always found the mystical vagueness of the original trilogy unsatisfying, and unlike most, I was somewhat pleased with the 'midichlorians', but that wasn't much more than another hand-wave; it doesn't answer the 'whys' or 'hows' about the force to any sort of decent extent.
While I'm on Star War, I'd love to see a sort of Military Codex for the star Wars universe: what are the standard and more exceptional tactics employed by the various factions in the galaxy? How are ship-to-ship engagements carried out, how are fleets arrayed? That sort of thing.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-01-2015, 02:55 PM
(12-01-2015 01:29 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 07:54 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  simply yes.

I'd actually love more stuff like this. I often end up wishing I could explore certain aspects of a work of fiction in depth; I rarely find the vague hand-waving of the Force to be satisfying.
That's the 'why' you asked for in the OP in general, but I'll expand for each thing.

One thing I would love to have would be an Encyclopaedia Mechwarrior/BattleTech; The idea of mechs itself interests me; I know they are not very practical, but they are fucking awesome as an idea. How they became the de-facto weapon of war in that universe interests me above all else.

The OP already mentioned the Force: I'd love to see a deconstruction or explanation of the Force. I always found the mystical vagueness of the original trilogy unsatisfying, and unlike most, I was somewhat pleased with the 'midichlorians', but that wasn't much more than another hand-wave; it doesn't answer the 'whys' or 'hows' about the force to any sort of decent extent.
While I'm on Star War, I'd love to see a sort of Military Codex for the star Wars universe: what are the standard and more exceptional tactics employed by the various factions in the galaxy? How are ship-to-ship engagements carried out, how are fleets arrayed? That sort of thing.

Isn't The Silmarillion the first example of this?

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
12-01-2015, 03:01 PM
Are you speaking of something like this book? [Image: Wiz-cover-port.jpg]

There is also other ones I've seen of that manner.

Right now I'm sure I would deeply love having a real historical coffeetable book of the history and lalndmarks of NightVale

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-01-2015, 03:52 PM
I wonder if anyone has done Sherlock Holmes.

After all, I'm pretty sure all the main sci-fi Series have been done.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.