RE: not "Persicution" v2.0
Not yet but I'm really looking forward to my first 'run-in' with a fundie lol

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2011, 11:37 PM
(23-12-2011 11:30 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(23-12-2011 08:44 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I have only been unfriended once by my wife's aunt. She's another that's in denial of our government being secular in nature and die hard against evolution. She's a nut bag. My bro-n-law is an atheist also and he loves to get her going lol!

I haven't had a good conversation in a while with someone that believes in evolution. My wife is atheist but is so uninterested in discussing this stuff.

My mother said she thought about unfriending me on facebook but I told her to just ignore or hide my stuff if she don't want to see it because I'll post anything I like on there.

I haven't dealt with many people face to face yet but I'm sure once college starts in January it'll be a blast.

I got to have a lovely discussion on evolution last night with a friend who studied Evolutionary Psychology at Oxford. Made all the more entertaining and snooty sounding because of her sexy accent. Mmmm, picture yourself hearing all about mitochondria in the dulcet tones of an attractive woman from Coventry.

I'm feeling a bit jealous!

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2011, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2011 11:43 PM by Erxomai.)
(23-12-2011 11:37 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Not yet but I'm really looking forward to my first 'run-in' with a fundie lol

I got to go a little medieval on a FB Fundie today...a friend of a friend who made some snarky comment that it feels like nails on a chalk board to hear people say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. As I tore him one in Jesus' name, I also gently reminded him it's a completely made up Holiday anyway. Not because Jesus wasn't born, but because if he was born, it was more likely in September. Haven't had a response yet because he's probably on the phone with his Fundie pastor to be told what he's supposed to say next.
(23-12-2011 11:37 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  
(23-12-2011 08:44 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I have only been unfriended once by my wife's aunt. She's another that's in denial of our government being secular in nature and die hard against evolution. She's a nut bag. My bro-n-law is an atheist also and he loves to get her going lol!

I haven't had a good conversation in a while with someone that believes in evolution. My wife is atheist but is so uninterested in discussing this stuff.

My mother said she thought about unfriending me on facebook but I told her to just ignore or hide my stuff if she don't want to see it because I'll post anything I like on there.

I haven't dealt with many people face to face yet but I'm sure once college starts in January it'll be a blast.

I got to have a lovely discussion on evolution last night with a friend who studied Evolutionary Psychology at Oxford. Made all the more entertaining and snooty sounding because of her sexy accent. Mmmm, picture yourself hearing all about mitochondria in the dulcet tones of an attractive woman from Coventry.

I have the cure. Just go back and watch our lovely Red-headed Atheist Girl.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
24-12-2011, 12:07 AM
(23-12-2011 11:42 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(23-12-2011 11:37 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Not yet but I'm really looking forward to my first 'run-in' with a fundie lol

I got to go a little medieval on a FB Fundie today...a friend of a friend who made some snarky comment that it feels like nails on a chalk board to hear people say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. As I tore him one in Jesus' name, I also gently reminded him it's a completely made up Holiday anyway. Not because Jesus wasn't born, but because if he was born, it was more likely in September. Haven't had a response yet because he's probably on the phone with his Fundie pastor to be told what he's supposed to say next.
(23-12-2011 11:37 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  

I have the cure. Just go back and watch our lovely Red-headed Atheist Girl.

She's been on my favorites for a while now lol! That does tend to work though.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post
24-12-2011, 12:10 AM
(23-12-2011 12:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I love the irony of this accusation. How can we possibly hate something that doesn't exist? That would be like asking me why do I hate unicorns so much? I don't hate unicorns just because I don't believe in their existence. But I am going to think you're a bit whacky if you do believe.

I know, it's terribly ironic. I always jump to the easy analogy and say "you're not a Christian because you hate Allah, are you?" You'd think that would be enough to kill this impression, and yet they never think that I could possibly reject their religion on rational grounds. But to be fair, they don't reject other religions on rational grounds, so they have no idea where I'm coming from. "I don't worship Allah because he's not the one true God," they say. "Mine is."

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
24-12-2011, 12:16 AM
(24-12-2011 12:10 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(23-12-2011 12:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I love the irony of this accusation. How can we possibly hate something that doesn't exist? That would be like asking me why do I hate unicorns so much? I don't hate unicorns just because I don't believe in their existence. But I am going to think you're a bit whacky if you do believe.

I know, it's terribly ironic. I always jump to the easy analogy and say "you're not a Christian because you hate Allah, are you?" You'd think that would be enough to kill this impression, and yet they never think that I could possibly reject their religion on rational grounds. But to be fair, they don't reject other religions on rational grounds, so they have no idea where I'm coming from. "I don't worship Allah because he's not the one true God," they say. "Mine is."

"And how do they know this?" You asked them? Oh they just Knnnoooooowwww (very important that this word is stretched out with vibrato added to sound extra convincing).

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
24-12-2011, 07:44 AM

You know Allah and God are the same God, right?

James 1:27
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world"

"Atheists express their rage against God although in their view He does not exist." C.S. Lewis
24-12-2011, 08:05 AM
(24-12-2011 07:44 AM)Sharks9 Wrote:  

You know Allah and God are the same God, right?

Yup.

And Muhammad is his prophet. Right?

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
24-12-2011, 08:14 AM
(24-12-2011 07:44 AM)Sharks9 Wrote:  You know Allah and God are the same God, right?

In terms of personality traits, Allah is closer to Yahweh. That Yahweh was a sick twisted MF... Dude loved the bloodbaths...

Funny how "god" changes over time isn't it? Yahweh was a perfect deity for a nomadic war tribe looking for a place to settle down...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
[+] 1 user Likes Seasbury's post
24-12-2011, 11:47 AM
(24-12-2011 07:44 AM)Sharks9 Wrote:  You know Allah and God are the same God, right?

I know you're being facetious, but I used a Muslim analogy on a Catholic forum and actually got this answer in seriousness. If it's convenient enough to make a point, someone will use it.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.