not enough stress....????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2018, 03:41 PM
not enough stress....????
What would you tell someone that can only get stuff done hen under great but unrelated stress...? no literally. I live a stress free life but I get nothing done till ether... 1. I get super excited or 2. a fight breaks out.... I mean yesterday I got into a fight today I edit a book not to completion but I am almost done with it. this also reminds me of that time there was nothing but yelling in my house and fighting but that night twelve pages where written. doubly so if I am excited. what is with that though.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2018, 09:27 PM
RE: not enough stress....????
Stress/passion....similar and related terms in a way - if one believes one's tasks are worthwhile (one is passionate about them) then they get done. Apathy is ugly.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2018, 03:30 PM
RE: not enough stress....????
I find that the parts of my responsibilities that I don't enjoy need a certain amount of approaching deadline to motivate me. On the other hand I don't like things hanging over my head like a scimitar, either. So things I dislike, such as billing, doing taxes, other minutia of business ... I let the deadlines approach but not too closely. Things I like, such as software design and coding, happen organically.

I suppose I like at least the illusion that I'm on top of and in control of things.

I often "trick" myself mentally, telling myself I'll do something I want to do, then swapping in a hated task at the last second. My subconscious is pretty dumb and obedient that way. Like I'll be walking for exercise, tell myself that I'll reward myself with coffee and scone at a nearby coffee shop, then walk right on past it when I actually get there. It's easier somehow than just being honest with myself.

I figure, why not harness the inherently irrational, sloppy though processes we all have, for good.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post