not sure if this goes here...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2011, 10:23 PM

not sure if this goes here...
but it didn't really fit anywhere else.

if the god of christiany, or the judeo-christian concept of god...if he exists, how do you explain native amricans not having a concept of said god when they were discovered?
Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2011, 10:35 PM

RE: not sure if this goes here...
Whose perspective do you want? They were Godless Heathens. Or planted by the devil. Or Native Americans are just an Illuminati Conspiracy theory!

I havn't heard a creationist or even just a Christian response to this. I havn't heard the question asked before. If I was a fundamentalist Christian, I don't know what I would say. Probably one of the silly things above. If I was a cultural Christian, I guess I would say that God intended for 'us' to save them when we arrived. By allowing them to remain ignorant, He could show 'us' what life without God was like.
29-05-2011, 11:45 PM

(29-05-2011 10:23 PM)exl2398 Wrote:  but it didn't really fit anywhere else.

if the god of christiany, or the judeo-christian concept of god...if he exists, how do you explain native amricans not having a concept of said god when they were discovered?
If you were talking to me, my first questions would be:

How do you know this to be true? Did you survey the natives? Did all of the natives have this problem? Or was it only "some" tribes?

That said, even if your premise is correct, that does not lead to your conclusion.
30-05-2011, 03:30 AM
Some religious people would see it as proof of God's existence. My Grandma's always saying 'almost all of the cultures of humanity to have ever existed had some concept of God, therefore God must exist'. It makes fuck all sense though, I could understand it if they all independently had the same God but they are wildly different in type and number. Anyway, even if I did accept her flawed logic as proof for God, it is just as much proof for Odin, Zeus, Ra and every other deity that has existed.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2011, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2011 11:34 AM by theophilus.)
(29-05-2011 10:23 PM)exl2398 Wrote:  but it didn't really fit anywhere else.

How do you know they didn't have a concept of God? From what I have read about their beliefs it seems that they were aware of a Creator.

We don't have much knowledge of their early history so as far as we know it is even possible that Christian missionaries came to America before Columbus. Here is an interesting article on this subject:

http://www.hsp-aztec.com/CHRISTIANS_IN_A...LUMBUS.htm

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply