off topic..breaking up with my best friend.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2013, 04:01 PM
RE: off topic..breaking up with my best friend.
I have no words of advice, nor any past experiences that really relates. However I would say that nobody should ever settle for "second best" and I wish you (and your GF) all the luck with new adventures in life Smile

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2013, 04:05 PM
(10-12-2013 02:42 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Thanks Jasozz. I realize those things, but im opting to trust my gut as well. In a sense the scariness of not knowing how things will turn out is a little exciting.

Gut Flora 100 trillion - Girly 1. I always go with my gut. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
10-12-2013, 08:30 PM
(10-12-2013 04:01 PM)bemore Wrote:  However I would say that nobody should ever settle for "second best" and I wish you (and your GF) all the luck with new adventures in life Smile
I agree with that thought bemore, that's a big a part of my decision. Thanks for the good wishes.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
30-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Rainbow RE: off topic..breaking up with my best friend.
So....here's an update.
We've been behaving as normal, for the most part.

On Saturday (2 days ago), she brought up our split...and we talked and made some plans for our last date (tomorrow), and some "rules", I could tell she had been crying before she brought this up.

I ended up making the "rules". Which basically are...No seeing each other for at least a month (I know 6 months is recommended, but I'll just figure this out as we go along). No text contact for at least 2 weeks (initially I wanted to go the whole month, but she doesn't really have any friends, so I don't want her to get unbarably lonely).

On Sunday, we went to the mall. Which basically amounted to me watching her shop for 1.5-2 hours. Not my idea of fun, especially since I've been sick for the past week, but whatever, at least we got to spend a little more time together. And it will be our last time going to the mall as a couple.

She spent the night on Sunday, and when i crawled into bed she was asleep. or at least mostly asleep. I kissed her on the cheek and she smiled. Then I held her, and tears just started spraying out of my eyes. Seriously, I don't think they've ever come out in that volume before. I'm thinking it might have to do with my sickness. But that only lasted for like 5 or 6 minutes...and I was breathing fast (hyperventilating?) the whole time. Does anybody else do that when they cry really hard?

This morning I woke up..feeling like crap (being sick and all, and I think i only got 5 hours of sleep). She was next to me and we faced each other with our eyes closed and cuddled for 20 minutes. Towards the end she said, "This is a nice cuddle." And then at the end she said, "This is our last cuddle." She said she couldn't spend the night tonight because she worked too early tomorrow. I told her it was okay if she woke me up early. But later I saw her grab her pillow that she keeps on my bed, and she said she didn't think she could make it to work if she spent the night. When she said that, a wave of sadness shot through my body and I fought off a rainstorm of tears and only let a small amount through. I don't know if she noticed, I tried to not show. That pillow has been on my bed ever since I moved into my apartment, a year ago.

She drove me to the bus stop and I spent much of the time in the car trying not to cry. At the bus stop, I kissed her and said thank you for the ride. When I got on the bus I texted her and thanked her for spending the night with me (she responded 'thank you for letting me spend the night Smile'), and I proceeded to tear uncontrollably for the entirety of my bus ride. I don't know if people saw. I don't really care. Besides I'm sick, my eyes are already blood shot.

Tonight, I invited her over for dinner. I'm going to try making her Chicken Parmesan (rev's recipe haha). But she won't be staying.

For our last date tomorrow, we aren't doing anything spectacular. We are going to go watch Hunger Games 2 in theaters after work, and then have dinner at a restaurant. I don't want to reminisce with her, we have done enough of that. I just want to enjoy her company, and for her to enjoy mine.

We are still set on staying friends. It's going to be weird being single.

Sorry, this basically turned into a diary entry. Thank you for reading, if you did.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 3 users Like Adrianime's post
30-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Good luck man.

Hug

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
30-12-2013, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2013 03:06 PM by kingschosen.)
Adrianime, how would you feel if she told you that she's expecting a baby and it's not yours?

ADMIN EDIT: PHRASING OF THE QUESTION WAS CHANGED.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
30-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Sorry man. Shitty breaking up with people... Sad Be aware that staying friends is... well it'll take a while to not be weird anyway...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Great thread Adrian,
any plans to find your soulmate? Are you going passively or actively looking at this point (or after you finish grieving the lost relationship)?

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
30-12-2013, 02:57 PM
(07-12-2013 02:15 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  I wish my feelings weren't so complicated. That I just could just feel like I could be satisfied with her as a life partner. But...I can't help but wonder what would make me happiest...and not knowing what that is.

I got some bad news for you, OP...

[Image: 190px-Rainbow_flag_and_blue_skies.jpg]

"Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty. People no longer have need of others. You can always find a spare for any talent. Any relationship can be replaced. I had gotten bored of a world like that."
30-12-2013, 03:16 PM
I really wish you the best of luck. Hug

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon