off topic..breaking up with my best friend.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2013, 03:28 PM
RE: off topic..breaking up with my best friend.
(30-12-2013 12:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Good luck man.
Hug
Thanks man Hug
(30-12-2013 02:24 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Adrianime, how would you feel if she told you that she's expecting a baby and it's not yours?
That thought has actually crossed my mind before. I would probably feel pretty betrayed, but honestly the first thing that comes to mind is, "at least she was able to find somebody else/at least she won't be lonely." I really do hope she finds a good guy.
(30-12-2013 02:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  Sorry man. Shitty breaking up with people... Sad Be aware that staying friends is... well it'll take a while to not be weird anyway...
Yeah, I know it will probably not go as smoothly as I hope. But I'm not too scared to try.
(30-12-2013 02:57 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  Great thread Adrian,
any plans to find your soulmate? Are you going passively or actively looking at this point (or after you finish grieving the lost relationship)?
Thanks man. I'll probably get back on the internet dating scene (I met her at okcupid.com) as I don't frequent any bars or clubs, and I don't want to start. I will probably wait a while, at least a few weeks, before I reactivate my profile. That might seem soon, but keep in mind that it was a year ago when I first realized that I would have to break up with her eventually. Whatever the case, I'm not going to aggressively pursue anything. I'll enjoy being single for a while Smile.
(30-12-2013 02:57 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I got some bad news for you, OP...
Not amusing.
(30-12-2013 03:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I really wish you the best of luck. Hug
Thanks! Hug I don't believe in letting myself be unhappy. So I imagine I'll be fine. It'll be rough though.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Adrianime's post
30-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Sounds like you two are really making the best of a difficult situation. I hope you two enjoy your dinner, and movie Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
30-12-2013, 08:04 PM
(30-12-2013 05:22 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Sounds like you two are really making the best of a difficult situation. I hope you two enjoy your dinner, and movie Hug
Thank you Emily Hug

31-12-2013, 12:40 AM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2013 12:44 AM by Adrianime.)
This is so effing hard. I just made her a wonderful dinner...but for 2 straight hours I was fighting off tears and choking through my sentences. Luckily I'm sick so it probably just seemed like part of my cold. She just left 30 mins ago, it'll be the last time she comes to my apartment..as my girlfriend. I was crying and shaking as I hugged and kissed her goodbye. It's dark outside so either she didn't notice, or she pretended not to notice. I just called her for the last time. We've spoken on the phone every night we weren't together since Dec. 2010 (before we started officially dating). She has been my family for these past ~3 years. Nobody else comes close to how close she and I are. Damnit my heart hurts.

My eyes are ridiculously red...like demon-like red. I tried to take a picture, but the camera doesn't capture the redness at all.
[Image: 78668988-a2dd-4b7c-afd8-32673f0621e4_zps6cacee4e.jpg]
One more day. I don't know how much I'm going to cry tonight and tomorrow night. Damnit..

I'm sorry for being such a damn sap, but I have no other outlet right now. I'm not telling anybody in my circle the exact details until tomorrow is over (3 or 4 people know the general idea of what is going on, but I haven't updated them in a month). I don't want to talk about it with anybody until tomorrow is over. Plus, I don't want to drag down any body else's New Years. Thank you for letting me vent.

31-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Undecided

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
31-12-2013, 12:47 AM
I guess I should add, I know it's weird that I took a picture. These are the moments I tend to want to take a picture of. I don't know why. Thinking back I've done it a good % of the time that I've broken down.

31-12-2013, 06:36 AM
(30-12-2013 03:28 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 02:24 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Adrianime, how would you feel if she told you that she's expecting a baby and it's not yours?
That thought has actually crossed my mind before. I would probably feel pretty betrayed, but honestly the first thing that comes to mind is, "at least she was able to find somebody else/at least she won't be lonely." I really do hope she finds a good guy.

Don't you think you're creating an ideal fantasy here? This girl and you have a pretty cool relationship. I think the whole finding yourself thing is pretty over rated. What does it even mean? What are you expecting to find? How will you know when you've found yourself? Have you considered that you may not find another chick that's ride or die like your current one? Talk me through this decision process please. I wanna know more.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
31-12-2013, 10:34 AM
(31-12-2013 06:36 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  Don't you think you're creating an ideal fantasy here? This girl and you have a pretty cool relationship. I think the whole finding yourself thing is pretty over rated. What does it even mean? What are you expecting to find? How will you know when you've found yourself? Have you considered that you may not find another chick that's ride or die like your current one? Talk me through this decision process please. I wanna know more.
A short answer is that I care about my current girlfriend greatly, but she does not line up with the life I want for myself. For one, she and I have nearly no common interests. Everything I really like to do, she refuses to do with me. Most things she wants to do aren't particularly interesting/enjoyable to me and usually cost a bunch of money and she always expects me to pay (she doesn't have any disposable income, but also feels men should pay in most cases). As a result, we usually end up just watching old movies on Netflix (she hates sci fi and action movies, and refuses to watch them, so it is pretty hard finding something new that we both want to watch).

That's just one example, there are other things, but I am not in the mood to have you guys judge my reasons for not wanting to commit my life to her. It's my life, and I feel like I want more than what I have now, that's all.

Another problem is I'm not in love with her. I've been in love with a different girl before, and I have not reached that level with my current gf...after almost 3 years.

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
31-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Shot you a text, bro.

I've talked with you enough about this to not need to press any details, but just wishing you luck on your road to recovery.

I'm pretty much always available if things get too rough Thumbsup
31-12-2013, 04:57 PM
God DAMNIT. My gf just texted me telling me she had to tell me something. I asked if it was bad, she replied 'yea'. She is currently on her period, but I still was SCARED that somehow she was going to tell me she was pregnant.

So I called her up 10 minutes ago...... She got fired from her job today, completely unexpectedly. She asked several times, but they gave her no reasons.

This. Effing. Sucks. I feel so bad for her. On top of that it is our last day together. This is the type of thing that has stopped me from being able to split from her before. This time, I won't be there for her. Sad