off topic...bro text argument over break up email

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2014, 12:49 AM
RE: off topic...bro text argument over break up email
Oh,and prolly best if you ignore me and my suggestions. I aint the best man to ask about family stuff 'n shit. Also,you could have showed a lil' more tact by not including the first line in the email and using Bcc ,and you wouldnt have this problem with yer brother

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2014, 12:50 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2014 01:01 AM by Adrianime.)
(02-01-2014 12:45 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Oh,why i think its a bad idea? I don't like to tell people stuff about my (love)life untill they ask about it,and personally,if i recieved one of those messages like you sent,i would feel akward like "why the hell did he send that for,i don't need to know about that"

but thats just me. Or maybe its just cuz i didlike family who share every little event that happened (because my family is like that)
I see, that's how I've been in the past. Very secretive and personal. I'm trying to change..to be more open and inviting. I've always been kind of a closed book, hiding things because I was too scared of making others, or myself uncomfortable. It's one of my personal goals to move past that and be able to open up to people, especially those I care about.

(02-01-2014 12:49 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Also,you could have showed a lil' more tact by not including the first line in the email and using Bcc ,and you wouldnt have this problem with yer brother
Ah, but then it would look like I was sending a personal Email to a single person about my breakup. Talk about awkward Tongue haha

I appreciate hearing your thoughts though man.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
02-01-2014, 01:05 AM
(02-01-2014 12:50 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 12:45 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Oh,why i think its a bad idea? I don't like to tell people stuff about my (love)life untill they ask about it,and personally,if i recieved one of those messages like you sent,i would feel akward like "why the hell did he send that for,i don't need to know about that"

but thats just me. Or maybe its just cuz i didlike family who share every little event that happened (because my family is like that)
I see, that's how I've been in the past. Very secretive and personal. I'm trying to change..to be more open and inviting. I've always been kind of a closed book, hiding things because I was too scared of making others, or myself uncomfortable. It's one of my personal goals to move past that and be able to open up to people, especially those I care about.
meh,opening up is overrated Drinking Beverage

and scary. Defo scary
(02-01-2014 12:49 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Also,you could have showed a lil' more tact by not including the first line in the email and using Bcc ,and you wouldnt have this problem with yer brother
Ah, but then it would look like I was sending a personal Email to a single person about my breakup. Talk about awkward Tongue haha
[/quote]

lol,i would assume a heated poop-trowing with yer bro is more akward than personalized emails.

Actually the more i think about it,the more i think that sending emails about a breakup is more akward than telling one person(to me). If your family is anything like mine (meaning a sick gossipy bunch) i won't have to repeat it after that. Anyway,whats done is done. I think your bro is needlesly fucking you up so if i were you i would ignore and avoid him. But then again,i don't like family

02-01-2014, 01:22 AM
(02-01-2014 12:44 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Thanks for keeping up with my issues man. Yeah, I mean, I have my faults, I can't say my way of doing things is perfect, but I'm also not going to go and tell somebody they are stupid for doing it their way. And you can be honest. If I deserve some criticism I'll take it. Just be respectful por favor.

No no, man. When I said I didn't have words, and the "don't have anything nice" bit, I was referring to your brother.

You're doing you, and I couldn't ask you to do anything else. Seems to me you're handling yourself as a true man should, with some true soul searching and a heavy heart. It's not easy being true to yourself. Nothing but respect.

But you can tell your brother to fuck off every now and then, he'll be okay.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
02-01-2014, 01:23 AM
Oh,and dont label your threads "offtopic".
Its called PIaS for a reason

02-01-2014, 01:28 AM
(02-01-2014 01:22 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  You're doing you, and I couldn't ask you to do anything else. Seems to me you're handling yourself as a true man should, with some true soul searching and a heavy heart. It's not easy being true to yourself. Nothing but respect.
Thanks a lot man.

(02-01-2014 01:23 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Oh,and dont label your threads "offtopic".
Its called PIaS for a reason
I labeled it that since my problems have nothing to do with religion or atheism. I mainly named this thread similarly because it is directly related to the conclusion of the other thread. Just telling you my reasoning.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
02-01-2014, 01:39 AM
Personal issues and support are not about atheism or theism. Its about your personal issues and our support. But i understand the reasoning behind the naming of this one (to link 'm)

[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
02-01-2014, 02:10 AM
I don't feel it's really necessary to broadcast to my family about an event like that. Hell, even when I divorced my ex wife, I didn't bother with anything like that. I sat down with a handful of people that I cared about and let them know what was up and the rest was history.

On the flip side to that, your brother needs to calm the hell down. I'm one of those people that feels like family is not blood, but the people who treat you with respect that have a relationship that can go both ways. Safe to say if he were my brother, we wouldn't be in contact. I have no patience for people that call me names and treat me like shit, especially "family" - but I suppose your relationship with him is what it is and you have your reasons.

If it were me I'd probably put him on ignore for a few days so he can calm the hell down. Handle things the way you handle them, and if it doesn't go as planned, adapt and learn from your experience and move on.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 5 users Like Logisch's post
02-01-2014, 02:18 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2014 02:27 AM by Losty.)
Ummm..... O.o (this was my face for pretty much the whole post)
I don't know you brother, so I can't be sure, but it seems likely that he may have been drunk for this conversation. Also, he kind of seems like a sexist...
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
02-01-2014, 02:23 AM
(02-01-2014 12:35 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  I feel it's appropriate to let the people you care about know about a major life event, such as breaking up with a girl who they all thought you would marry. But I understand that some people don't agree with that.

LightVader, why do you think it is a bad idea?

Yes, I am all for the *ex and I broke up please don't make a fool out of yourself and ask where she is next time I see you* email. It is really awkward if no one lets you know and then you feel like a jerk about bringing it up.

Anyways, I am sorry your brother is acting like this and I hope you have other people (like us Big Grin) who can be there for you while you're going through a hard time.
Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post