off topic...bro text argument over break up email

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2014, 03:24 PM
RE: off topic...bro text argument over break up email
Good for you for not giving him any more fuel. It really is disturbing though that he's held onto this, and has been actively aggressive over this for so long. I mean, it's really worrying to me. Man that mysoginistic crap he says to you still gets me fired up.

Hugs!! Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
10-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Yeah, that it's continued this long is unnerving for sure. There's been, imo, adequate time for him to have cooled off and let this pass but he keeps stirring it up. I second Smerc in saying good for you.

We're here for you. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
10-08-2014, 03:41 PM
I added the voicemails. Ugh listening to the 1st and 3rd voicemails like 20 times each to transcribe them made my stomach churn a little bit.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
10-08-2014, 03:45 PM
Oh lord. Confused He is really hung up on that theme. Sounds like a personal problem to me, and much less to do with you than even he might realize.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
10-08-2014, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2014 03:54 PM by Adrianime.)
(10-08-2014 03:24 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Good for you for not giving him any more fuel. It really is disturbing though that he's held onto this, and has been actively aggressive over this for so long. I mean, it's really worrying to me. Man that mysoginistic crap he says to you still gets me fired up.

Hugs!! Hug
Thanks Em! Hug Yeah it really worries my gf too. I've told my mom, and she says a few people have restraining orders against him, including his past girlfriends (public records, or at least records she can access easily). Based on that I think it is unlikely that he will stop....and I can't see a single response from me making the situation any better unless I bow down and say, "Sorry all mighty brother, you were right, how stupid I was!"

(10-08-2014 03:34 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Yeah, that it's continued this long is unnerving for sure. There's been, imo, adequate time for him to have cooled off and let this pass but he keeps stirring it up. I second Smerc in saying good for you.

We're here for you. Big Grin
Thank you. *sigh*. Now that I'm thinking about it I'm bummed out a little. And I feel kind of sick. Maybe I'm just hungry, I don't know.

10-08-2014, 04:02 PM
(10-08-2014 03:45 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Oh lord. Confused He is really hung up on that theme. Sounds like a personal problem to me, and much less to do with you than even he might realize.
Yeah, that seems to be the case :/. I can't...or won't be the one who delves into this with him. All I need is for him to at least be able to talk to me without being condescending.

Thanks for reading Escapa.

10-08-2014, 06:11 PM
He has huge issues (and not really with you). If it wasn't you it would be (and probably is) somebody else.
I think you are doing the right thing by not responding. Well done, as it can't be easy.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
10-08-2014, 07:22 PM
(10-08-2014 06:11 PM)aurora Wrote:  He has huge issues (and not really with you). If it wasn't you it would be (and probably is) somebody else.
I think you are doing the right thing by not responding. Well done, as it can't be easy.
Thank you Aurora, I appreciate the encouragement. My gf calls my brother "psycho". I say, "He's not crazy...he's just angry and can't seem to get over it." I understand how it looks to people on the outside, but he was the closest thing to a parent I had for much of my childhood (my parents were around, but didn't really spend any time with me). I don't like thinking of him, or painting him in a bad light. I know this thread might seem ironic based on that statement. But, in this thread I am basically keeping a history log of this conflict. I want it to be accurate.

The light that others see him in....he has painted that himself.

11-08-2014, 08:19 AM
I'm ready to slap him across the mouth LIKE A GIRL for all that sexist shit.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 4 users Like Colourcraze's post
11-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Yeah it's fairly obvious he at least believes women are separate beings from men in terms of thought process and possibly rationality. I have no idea if he actually thinks women are inferior to men. If he does, I don't think he knows he thinks that.