off topic...bro text argument over break up email

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2014, 12:02 AM
RE: off topic...bro text argument over break up email
He's clearly got some deep problems. You've done well just ignoring him. I hope he'll stop harrassing you and get over himself.
Hug

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2014, 06:16 AM
I don't understand why you haven't told your brother to fuck off and mind his own business. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-08-2014, 06:57 AM
Didn't read the entire thread but read the original post and just an outsider's view, your bro is jealous of you, it sounds like. His responses seem like that of someone who actually feels insecure and inadequate, thus projecting that onto you.

If you view it from that angle, then it might help you better understand why he lashed out like that. People don't burst out of the gate with those kinds of comments unless there is an underlying issue.

My guess is jealousy. I could be wrong.

Sorry this all happened.

The beauty of the heart, is the lasting beauty. - Rumi Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
13-08-2014, 10:30 AM
ToBig Grinr most of the comments.

From an outsiders perspective, your brother? Not cool.

I feel like he's acting like he's entitled. I could be off base, but I agree with those that have said tell him to fuck off. He'll get over it. Or he won't. I don't have that family allegiance most people have. Meh.

I don't necessarily disagree with the e-mail. When my ex and I split after 4 years, I let people know in bunches. If my husband and I ever got divorced, I'd do the same thing.

Either way, agree or disagree with your methods, your brother is just wrong. And rude. And I second the people who are questioning his sobriety.

So sorry how things planned out for you.
[+] 1 user Likes MrsFarrow's post
13-08-2014, 12:00 PM
(13-08-2014 06:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  I don't understand why you haven't told your brother to fuck off and mind his own business. Consider
Aside from the different choice of words I would use. I just don't want to close any doors.

(13-08-2014 06:57 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Didn't read the entire thread but read the original post and just an outsider's view, your bro is jealous of you, it sounds like. His responses seem like that of someone who actually feels insecure and inadequate, thus projecting that onto you.

If you view it from that angle, then it might help you better understand why he lashed out like that. People don't burst out of the gate with those kinds of comments unless there is an underlying issue.

Sorry this all happened.

(13-08-2014 10:30 AM)MrsFarrow Wrote:  ToBig Grinr most of the comments.

I feel like he's acting like he's entitled. I could be off base, but I agree with those that have said tell him to fuck off. He'll get over it. Or he won't. I don't have that family allegiance most people have. Meh.

I don't necessarily disagree with the e-mail. When my ex and I split after 4 years, I let people know in bunches. If my husband and I ever got divorced, I'd do the same thing.

Either way, agree or disagree with your methods, your brother is just wrong. And rude. And I second the people who are questioning his sobriety.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and for your thoughts. And yeah, even if me sending that Email was completely out of line, his behavior still would have no justification IMO.

I doubt he is jealous...I think he's probably more like my dad, which is kind of like a, "My ways/thoughts are the ideal and best ways/thoughts." type of thing.

Oh, and I know it is long. The only posts that detail the conflict are at the top of the 1st page, the top of the 5th page, and the bottom of the 6th page.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
13-08-2014, 12:10 PM
(13-08-2014 12:00 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 06:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  I don't understand why you haven't told your brother to fuck off and mind his own business. Consider
Aside from the different choice of words I would use. I just don't want to close any doors.

(13-08-2014 06:57 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Didn't read the entire thread but read the original post and just an outsider's view, your bro is jealous of you, it sounds like. His responses seem like that of someone who actually feels insecure and inadequate, thus projecting that onto you.

Sorry this all happened.

(13-08-2014 10:30 AM)MrsFarrow Wrote:  ToBig Grinr most of the comments.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and for your thoughts. And yeah, even if me sending that Email was completely out of line, his behavior still would have no justification IMO.

I doubt he is jealous...I think he's probably more like my dad, which is kind of like a, "My ways/thoughts are the ideal and best ways/thoughts." type of thing.

Oh, and I know it is long. The only posts that detail the conflict are at the top of the 1st page, the top of the 5th page, and the bottom of the 6th page.

I read your conversation! Just stopped reading the comments at about the 2nd page.
13-08-2014, 04:57 PM
(13-08-2014 12:00 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  

My brothers and I have had sharp words on occasion ("Shut the fuck up" and the like), but we're still friends.

We're brothers for fuck's sake. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-03-2015, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2015 10:58 AM by Adrianime.)
I'm continuing to document this over a year later. Some of this might be recap, but these are the texts I've received since last May. There have been some voicemails that I haven't transcribed, but I haven't listened to the voicemails he left for the past few months because my voicemail was broken for several months and I had a backlog, so I skipped the ones he left (which would be the same old, "You are stupid/weak/a girl. Stop being how you are, and come to me realizing how stupid/weak/girly you are.")

Today he texted me saying he has my current address. Which I've tried to make sure he didn't get. I just bought my first house, and my new address isn't known by many. I'm trying to figure out how he got it. Please note that I have not said a single word to him since over a year ago on Jan 14, 2014.

may 02 2014 11:59 AM: Stop being a little girl and gimme a call!!
Jun 12 2014 11:59 AM: Stop acting like a little bit** and call me and apologize you little shi*head
Jun 29 2014 12:37 PM: You suck, stop crying
JUL 11 2014 11:19 AM: Weak!!!
Aug 09 2014 06:46 PM: Stop being a vagina and call me
Dec 11 2014 07:13 AM: Supp, seriously, cut being a little girl out and hit me up. Stop acting like you're one of the girls
Dec 25 2014 09:42 AM: Merry Christmas Sally
Dec 30 2014 07:15 PM: Left you a gift at mom's as usual. Grow some nads and call me
Jan 14 2015 04:13 PM: You have now cried like a biotch for a full year. That's bit**ass
Mar 29 2015 12:01 PM: Yo
Mar 29 2015 12:03 PM: Hey vagina mcginestein we need to talk. Grow some balls and call me back
Mar 29 2015 08:40 PM: How long are you gonna keep acting like this?
Mar 30 2015 07:06 AM: Ok I'm coming over. Can't believe you can act this bit**y for this long. At least your gunna have to face me
Mar 30 2015 07:07 AM: Thought you could act like your sister huh. Ends today
Mar 30 2015 07:07 AM: [He texts me the Address of the house that I bought a few months ago, this is an address he should not have and one I have specifically told the few people still in contact with him to not tell him]
Mar 30 2015 07:15 AM: You just sit and don't get shi* solved. That's your dad's bit**ass way

My current position is (and has been): If he can approach me without disrespect, and without insults, then I will speak to him. Until then, I strongly feel like no matter what I say to him (if I am saying my honesty feelings) it will just spur him on.

30-03-2015, 11:17 AM
What do you think he would do if he came over? Would he hold true on his previous threats of physical violence? This guy sounds like a legit caveman lol.

"Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty. People no longer have need of others. You can always find a spare for any talent. Any relationship can be replaced. I had gotten bored of a world like that."
30-03-2015, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2015 11:34 AM by Adrianime.)
(30-03-2015 11:17 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  What do you think he would do if he came over? Would he hold true on his previous threats of physical violence? This guy sounds like a legit caveman lol.

I honestly don't know. Today while I waited for the bus, I had a brief "daydream" of him showing up, punching me in the face, then repeatedly kicking me while I was on the ground. But I don't think that is likely, I just tend to think in "reasonable worst case scenarios". I don't think he is stupid...so I can't imagine him doing anything like property damage. I can imagine assault just because of my family history, and 1 or 2 times when I was a kid he did smack me around out of anger. And he grew up differently than me. He endured more abuse from my parents, had a more troubled childhood (grew up in Urban area, and likely was involved in gangs or at the very least burglary, whereas I grew up in the suburbs and never got into any real trouble.), and was in juvy/jail at least once. *sigh* it's just a sucky situation. 16 months ago, I would never have imagined he would even insult me in a malicious way. We were completely cool with each other.