officially did the gayest thing ive ever done

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2015, 07:31 AM
RE: officially did the gayest thing ive ever done
(21-03-2015 07:15 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 05:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  Then you are a heretic. Drinking Beverage

As far as I can tell, the church has not officially put out any doctrine on sexual orientation.

You are unfamiliar with the Catechism of your church?

Quote:2332 Sexuality affects all aspects of the human person in the unity of his body and soul. It especially concerns affectivity, the capacity to love and to procreate, and in a more general way the aptitude for forming bonds of communion with others.

2333 Everyone, man and woman, should acknowledge and accept his sexual identity. Physical, moral, and spiritual difference and complementarity are oriented toward the goods of marriage and the flourishing of family life. The harmony of the couple and of society depends in part on the way in which the complementarity, needs, and mutual support between the sexes are lived out.

2334 "In creating men 'male and female,' God gives man and woman an equal personal dignity."119 "Man is a person, man and woman equally so, since both were created in the image and likeness of the personal God."120

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2015, 09:50 AM
(21-03-2015 07:15 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 05:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  Then you are a heretic. Drinking Beverage

As far as I can tell, the church has not officially put out any doctrine on sexual orientation.

Lol wut?

I like you man. You make me laugh.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
21-03-2015, 10:21 AM
(21-03-2015 07:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 07:15 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  As far as I can tell, the church has not officially put out any doctrine on sexual orientation.

You are unfamiliar with the Catechism of your church?

Quote:2332 Sexuality affects all aspects of the human person in the unity of his body and soul. It especially concerns affectivity, the capacity to love and to procreate, and in a more general way the aptitude for forming bonds of communion with others.

2333 Everyone, man and woman, should acknowledge and accept his sexual identity. Physical, moral, and spiritual difference and complementarity are oriented toward the goods of marriage and the flourishing of family life. The harmony of the couple and of society depends in part on the way in which the complementarity, needs, and mutual support between the sexes are lived out.

2334 "In creating men 'male and female,' God gives man and woman an equal personal dignity."119 "Man is a person, man and woman equally so, since both were created in the image and likeness of the personal God."120

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

Huh, well I guess I'm wrong. Although I do think the church tends to follow more the concept of homosexual tendencies than a strict binary.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
21-03-2015, 10:25 AM
(21-03-2015 10:21 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 07:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  You are unfamiliar with the Catechism of your church?

Huh, well I guess I'm wrong. Although I do think the church tends to follow more the concept of homosexual tendencies than a strict binary.

You claim to attend a Catholic college where there is no sex because of the church's teachings yet didn't know that Catholic doctrine is against homosexuality. Are you high?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-03-2015, 10:32 AM
(21-03-2015 10:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 10:21 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Huh, well I guess I'm wrong. Although I do think the church tends to follow more the concept of homosexual tendencies than a strict binary.

You claim to attend a Catholic college where there is no sex because of the church's teachings yet didn't know that Catholic doctrine is against homosexuality. Are you high?

I know, I'm taking it all for the humor. If he posts something serious, it's kinda doubtful I'll believe him tho.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

21-03-2015, 11:27 AM
(21-03-2015 10:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 10:21 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Huh, well I guess I'm wrong. Although I do think the church tends to follow more the concept of homosexual tendencies than a strict binary.

What I didn't know is whether the church ascribed to a strict binary of either homosexual or heterosexual. Even with the CCC section I'm still not sure whether they do. I'm still not sure whether or not the church follows a binary system or whether homo and hetero are just the ends of a spectrum system.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
21-03-2015, 11:34 AM
(21-03-2015 11:27 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 10:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You claim to attend a Catholic college where there is no sex because of the church's teachings yet didn't know that Catholic doctrine is against homosexuality. Are you high?

What I didn't know is whether the church ascribed to a strict binary of either homosexual or heterosexual. Even with the CCC section I'm still not sure whether they do. I'm still not sure whether or not the church follows a binary system or whether homo and hetero are just the ends of a spectrum system.

Ooooooooooooooh I have an idea. You mentioned in another thread that you see (or can see) a priest who's also a therapist/counselor....

Why don't you ask him if sitting nude, waiting for your roommate with a big green bow on your dick is against the rules.

Considering how they feel about maturation, should be an interesting talk. Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-03-2015, 11:35 AM
(21-03-2015 11:27 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 10:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You claim to attend a Catholic college where there is no sex because of the church's teachings yet didn't know that Catholic doctrine is against homosexuality. Are you high?

WTF is a binary system with regard to sexuality in the Catholic church?

Seriously, are you high? Or do you have some sort of mental disorder we should be aware of?

[Image: Wrapping_paper-binary.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
21-03-2015, 11:51 AM
(21-03-2015 11:35 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 11:27 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  What I didn't know is whether the church ascribed to a strict binary of either homosexual or heterosexual. Even with the CCC section I'm still not sure whether they do. I'm still not sure whether or not the church follows a binary system or whether homo and hetero are just the ends of a spectrum system.

WTF is a binary system with regard to sexuality in the Catholic church?

Seriously, are you high? Or do you have some sort of mental disorder we should be aware of?

[Image: Wrapping_paper-binary.jpg]

Binary as in two ie you are either gay or not. Or for example you are either an atheist or a theist. A spectrum system would be like dawkins' scale. Dawkins has a seven point scale where a 1 is theist and 7 is atheist and 2-6 are various levels of agnostic.
Personally I reject the concept of homosexuality all together. If my memory is correct, the word homosexual only really appears in the 18th century. As such, who you had sex with was more cultural. If we look at ancient greece Socrates had 3 kids yet practised homosexual acts. Also the spartans regularly had gay sex yet I find it difficult to believe that the majority of spartan men were naturally gay. In more modern times Kathleen Wynne, premier of Ontario, was married and is now a lesbian. Because we now have these terms people think they are either one or the other but in reality there is nothing particularly odd about someone who predominantly has sex with women having sex with a man. Prison would be another good example.

- my friend Marc
21-03-2015, 11:53 AM
(21-03-2015 11:34 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 11:27 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  What I didn't know is whether the church ascribed to a strict binary of either homosexual or heterosexual. Even with the CCC section I'm still not sure whether they do. I'm still not sure whether or not the church follows a binary system or whether homo and hetero are just the ends of a spectrum system.

Ooooooooooooooh I have an idea. You mentioned in another thread that you see (or can see) a priest who's also a therapist/counselor....

Why don't you ask him if sitting nude, waiting for your roommate with a big green bow on your dick is against the rules.

Considering how they feel about maturation, should be an interesting talk. Drinking Beverage

I brought it up with my semanarian friend who is an excellent psychologist and he said that this is a fairly common thing with guys who are very comfortable with their sexuality.

- my friend Marc