ok atheists think with me :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2014, 02:17 PM
ok atheists think with me :)
Hello Sleepy

atheists .. !

I really can't imagine that you guys don't believe on the judgement day!!

Do you really think that all theses life, creatures, humanity .. are going to "nowhere"

and exist for nothing .. Only for the purpose of existence??

Then why is everything matching ?? The circle of life .. animals plants food ... etc

every creature has its own environment and necessities for living..

What about human brains .. how intelligent ! How did this happen?? could it possibly be by chance , natural selection, evolution... !!

I really would like to think about these stuff with you guys.. just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this?? I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2014, 02:24 PM
RE: ok atheists think with me :)
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Hello Sleepy

atheists .. !

Do you really think that all theses life, creatures, humanity .. are going to "nowhere"

You'll need to define what you mean by "going nowhere" - if you mean that when you die that there is no afterlife, then you are correct, I don't think there is an afterlife. Once you die, you're dead. Why is that difficult to comprehend?

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  and exist for nothing .. Only for the purpose of existence??

It's entirely possible that we exist simply because our existence is possible. Just as perhaps elsewhere in the universe, a planet within the goldilocks zone with the proper climate also harbors life that exists because its habitat is correct for life. Therefore, it would exist because its existence is possible.

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Then why is everything matching ?? The circle of life .. animals plants food ... etc

You'll have to define what you mean by "everything is matching" - what do you mean by that exactly? The circle of life is far from perfect and can be incredibly unbalanced if it is modified as such. 99% of life to have ever existed is extinct and no longer exists. The universe is not a friendly place.

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  every creature has its own environment and necessities for living..

They do? Ok.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_extinct_animals

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  What about human brains .. how intelligent ! How did this happen?? could it possibly be by chance , natural selection, evolution... !!

We are thus far the only species to be lucky enough to be the product of evolution that has allowed our brains to do this. No other creatures have thus far. Although mammals are the only known species to evolve this way. If you want to know, ask a biologist.

And yes, it can be because of natural selection and evolution. You're here aren't you?

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  I really would like to think about these stuff with you guys.. just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this?? I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??

You're going to have to tell me what you mean by "risk of disbelieving" - there is no risk in disbelieving, to propose otherwise is known as "pascal's wager" and if you're going to propose that argument, then I'm going to ask you why you take the risk of disbelieving in a whole laundry list of gods just in case you're wrong about the one you worship. I mean, what if you're wrong about the god YOU worship and everyone else is right?

I don't need a god to explain the world around me. If I don't need a god to explain the world around me then it serves me no purpose to believe in one. It's literally that simple.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 21 users Like Logisch's post
07-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Here's the deal. I can easily conceive that there may be a creator of all of existence. I can even conceive of the idea that there is some sort of purpose to it all.

What I can't put my finger on is who, what, where, why or how. Neither have I heard about anyone who can.

If you can put any sort of rational tangibility to any answer to any of those questions, let me know and I'll consider changing my outlook on whether or not a god exists.

Until then I remain skeptical. I'm fine with that, sorry that you're not.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 9 users Like evenheathen's post
07-09-2014, 02:30 PM
(07-09-2014 02:28 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Here's the deal. I can easily conceive that there may be a creator of all of existence. I can even conceive of the idea that there is some sort of purpose to it all.

What I can't put my finger on is who, what, where, why or how. Neither have I heard about anyone who can.

If you can put any sort of rational tangibility to any answer to any of those questions, let me know and I'll consider changing my outlook on whether or not a god exists.

Until then I remain skeptical. I'm fine with that, sorry that you're not.

Yeah I think anyone can conceive it, it's just whether or not it's necessary and whether or not there's evidence to support the claim.

So far there is none.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
07-09-2014, 02:36 PM
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  I really would like to think about these stuff with you guys.. just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this?? I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??

"Risk" Laugh out load

How about, why do you take the risk of believing something ridiculous that an old man with a beard tells you? It's an *actual* demonstrable risk - witness the number of religion related crappy things that happen in the world every day.

The "risk" of disbelieving is a very improbable risk indeed, and there is *not a single shred of evidence that any religion is true* and *quite a lot of evidence that it's false*.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
07-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Quote:just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this?? I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??

I have never seen any real evidence to convince me that a god of any kind exists.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
07-09-2014, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 02:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Do you really think that all theses life, creatures, humanity .. are going to "nowhere" ...
Yes.

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  and exist for nothing .. Only for the purpose of existence??
Fully realizing and appreciating that is the purpose.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-09-2014, 02:39 PM
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Hello Sleepy

atheists .. !

and exist for nothing .. Only for the purpose of existence??

Then why is everything matching ?? The circle of life .. animals plants food ... etc

every creature has its own environment and necessities for living..

What about human brains .. how intelligent ! How did this happen?? could it possibly be by chance , natural selection, evolution... !!

I really would like to think about these stuff with you guys.. just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this?? I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??

Not every creature has its own environment and necessities for living that's why individual creatures die and often entire species become extinct.

You answered your own question on how are humans intelligent, it's because of the brain, it's an organ just like any other, it's like saying "Look at the cheetah with such high speed, and fast legs, how did this happen" It happened because it evolved fast legs (Amongst other things)

What do you mean why is everything matching?

Existing for nothing makes as much sense as god creating humans who he knows will be bad so he can burn them forever.

I don't think humans are going nowhere, I don't claim to know where humans are going or the meaning of life but I don't think any cults on earth have the answer.
07-09-2014, 02:44 PM
You first...thinking would be a great place to start.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 8 users Like Anjele's post
07-09-2014, 02:44 PM
I cannot follow your request, OP. To do so, you must think first.
I advise you look up "puddle analogy" (so you can understand your "human intelligence" scenario for what it is), "nihilism" (so you can learn the difference between it and atheism), and argument from incredulity (so you can understand why the basis for your OP is flawed).

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 1 user Likes One Above All's post