ok atheists think with me :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2014, 02:44 PM
RE: ok atheists think with me :)
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Hello Sleepy

atheists .. !

I really can't imagine that you guys don't believe on the judgement day!!

Do you really think that all theses life, creatures, humanity .. are going to "nowhere"

and exist for nothing .. Only for the purpose of existence??

Then why is everything matching ?? The circle of life .. animals plants food ... etc

every creature has its own environment and necessities for living..

What about human brains .. how intelligent ! How did this happen?? could it possibly be by chance , natural selection, evolution... !!

I really would like to think about these stuff with you guys.. just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this?? I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??

Evidence strongly points otherwise. There have been other Gods that turned out to be myths and legends. Nature and science has a way of explaining things that we don't need a creator for. Also I'd like to point out not all humans are intelligent, not all creatures have their own environments, and certainly not everything matches. Maybe before you ask us questions you should do your research and get some facts straight. I can't imagine that you believe that there's an invisible man in the sky who knows everything and can do anything but yet he's too busy looking at playboy magazines and eating hot pockets to prevent bad stuff from happening and letting millions of his creations die because some chick bit into a forbidden fruit after being created by the rib of a man.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
07-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Shamma,
Why don't you take a chance and really study the science of evolutionary biology. It's fascinating. You will then reappear here as an escaped slave and thank us.

don't believe everything you think
[+] 5 users Like church_organ's post
07-09-2014, 03:31 PM
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??
By your comment about judgment day, I'm guessing you're Christian. But, without knowing for certain, I'll just say whatever god it is that you believe in, you are taking the "risk" of not believing in any of the others. What makes you so sure? Consider

Judgment day and "risk" of not believing (i.e., hell) are some of the reasons I don't believe in the Christian god specifically (among MANY others). I find it hard to imagine how those things don't automatically negate an all loving, omni-benevolent god in any Christian's mind.

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Then why is everything matching ?? The circle of life .. animals plants food ... etc

Everything doesn't match. Earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, disease, etc. are not compatible with life. Animals eating other animals are not compatible with each other - at least not for the ones that are prey. But to the degree that it does match, look at it this way. If you were examining a rock, would it not make sense that every part of the rock has properties of a rock? Every part of the rock would all "make sense" and fit perfectly. In the same way, we all live in a universe with specific properties and everything in it fits that. There are numerous properties and therefore things don't look the same throughout the universe, obviously, but things in similar environments (and therefore in areas with similar properties) do tend to look similar.

Brains? Yes, evolution. Learn about it and it won't seem so mysterious.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
07-09-2014, 03:31 PM
(07-09-2014 03:31 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??
By your comment about judgment day, I'm guessing you're Christian. But, without knowing for certain, I'll just say whatever god it is that you believe in, you are taking the "risk" of not believing in any of the others. What makes you so sure? Consider

Judgment day and "risk" of not believing (i.e., hell) are some of the reasons I don't believe in the Christian god specifically (among MANY others). I find it hard to imagine how those things don't automatically negate an all loving, omni-benevolent god in any Christian's mind.

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Then why is everything matching ?? The circle of life .. animals plants food ... etc

Everything doesn't match. Earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, disease, etc. are not compatible with life. Animals eating other animals are not compatible with each other - at least not for the ones that are prey. But to the degree that it does match, look at it this way. If you were examining a rock, would it not make sense that every part of the rock has properties of a rock? Every part of the rock would all "make sense" and fit perfectly. In the same way, we all live in a universe with specific properties and everything in it fits that. There are numerous properties and therefore things don't look the same throughout the universe, obviously, but things in similar environments (and therefore in areas with similar properties) do tend to look similar.

Brains? Yes, evolution. Learn about it and it won't seem so mysterious.

Actually based off of his drive-by initial forum post I think he's a Muslim.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
07-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Judgement day? You mean Judge Judy's birthday?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-09-2014, 03:39 PM
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  I really can't imagine that you guys don't believe on the judgement day!!

Every day is Judgement Day silly.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-09-2014, 04:28 PM

atheists .. !

Do you really think that all theses life, creatures, humanity .. are going to "nowhere"

Then why is everything matching ?? The circle of life .. animals plants food ... etc

What about human brains .. how intelligent ! How did this happen?? could it possibly be by chance , natural selection, evolution... !!

I really would like to think about these stuff with you guys.. just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this?? I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??

Think with you? I'll tell you what I think.

I think about the fact that the gospels were not written by eyewitness accounts but were stories told and retold for a couple generations before anyone actually wrote them down. Can you say "the telephone game"? I can.

I also thought to read about how the New Testament was compiled a couple hundred or more years after Jesus died. Do you "think" the NT bible just appeared magically the day after jesus died? Just sort of fell into place all ready to read?

I also thought to investigate the prophecies and discovered them to be lame and written after the fact or are completely arbitrary.

I also thought to read and investigate Moses by reputable archaeologists and discovered that there is no trace of him and his 600,000 plus people wandering the desert. It's all myth. The parting of the Red Sea.....myth.

I also thought to read the whole bible and discovered this deity to be a vengeful, selfish, misogynistic, genocidal, baby killer who sets an initial trap, blames the people for stepping into the trap and all subsequent generations. It's sick that people "think" this god has morals and character.

But the good news, the very best news is that this deity is myth just like all the thousands of other mythical gods. . So we don't have to worry about the idiot crap in the bible written by superstitious sheep herders who didn't know a bat from a bird.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-09-2014, 04:40 PM

atheists .. !

Others have already answered your simple questions. I would like to add a few minor things I spotted.

I really would like to think about these stuff with you guys.. just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this??
Which creator?

I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??
Look up Pascal's wager.

Also... random adorable greyhound picture!!!!!!!!
[Image: IMG_02061_zpse10d8569.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like xieulong's post
07-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Ah, the usual Sunday afternoon drive-by.

I bet there's a Sunday school class where the teacher assigns one student every week to "go set those atheists straight." I'd guess about 5 extra credit points or so.....

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 4 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
07-09-2014, 05:02 PM
(07-09-2014 04:41 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Ah, the usual Sunday afternoon drive-by.

I bet there's a Sunday school class where the teacher assigns one student every week to "go set those atheists straight." I'd guess about 5 extra credit points or so.....

Probably whoever gets the most points by the last Sunday of the month get's a pizza party.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze