ok atheists think with me :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2014, 06:48 PM
RE: ok atheists think with me :)
(07-09-2014 06:40 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  This would be a good thread to post this, so here goes....

Did you know there are three trees that were here before the date of the alleged Noahtic flood? (Flood dated around 2359 BC)
One is an un-named, currently living bristlecone pine tree with an age of 5064 years! Well before the date of the flood, it is CURRENTLY ALIVE!
Another is named Methuselah which is 4846 years old and is CURRENTLY ALIVE!
A third one is named Prometheus and it is 4844 years old. It was alive up until 1964 when it was accidentally cut down.

These trees COULD NOT HAVE SURVIVED THE FLOOD, not only did they survive, but two of them are still living. This is evidence as plain as the nose on your face that the flood did not happen!

The bible is a book that was meant by the very people that wrote it to be mere literature, nothing more than an ancient Harry Potter book, except people believe it. The instance of the the myth of the Noahtic flood is an example of how the bible plagiarizes stories such as the Epic Of Gilgamesh and creates their own tale of fiction.
Here is a list of fictional stories in the bible:
Creation, Noah, Abraham, Samson, Large parts of David's life, all of the prophetic books and their psuedopigraphical deceptions and the list goes on.

BTW-Jesus is definitely part of this myth-making process, there is no way to tell when the myth ends and reality begins in Jesus' life since it's only second-hand accounts from people that never met or knew him. It's decades old hearsay, it's like someone claims to have interviewed a World-War 2 veteran in 1985 and wrote a book about the war. Know one even knows the veteran, but I suppose we can "take it on faith" that it's 100% accurate!

Utter nonsense, take your poorly thought out faith and go sell crazy some where else.

[Image: 157cc8b19227406588604a77a487bfd7653baace...55c7f6.jpg]

nicely done, short and to the point, I tend to go all nuclear on them and shit Unsure

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
07-09-2014, 06:58 PM
Quote:I really can't imagine that you guys don't believe on the judgement day!!

Imagine harder.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
07-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Shamma...! I found a picture of afterlife....!...!

[Image: 5y7vir.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
07-09-2014, 07:04 PM
(07-09-2014 06:40 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 06:34 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  ...! What...are we ...in a Final Fantasy game...?

I wish Undecided I wanna be able to summon Ifrit on any Jehova's Witnesses who knock at my door.

I'm sure you can get them to stand in one spot long enough to be able to summon Ifrit Smile

[Image: notagain.gif]
07-09-2014, 07:06 PM
(07-09-2014 07:04 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 06:40 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I wish Undecided I wanna be able to summon Ifrit on any Jehova's Witnesses who knock at my door.

I'm sure you can get them to stand in one spot long enough to be able to summon Ifrit Smile

Maybe leave a trapdoor below my front door so when they knock it opens and they fall into my dark underground chamber and get trapped Evil_monster

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
07-09-2014, 07:14 PM
(07-09-2014 07:06 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 07:04 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  I'm sure you can get them to stand in one spot long enough to be able to summon Ifrit Smile

Maybe leave a trapdoor below my front door so when they knock it opens and they fall into my dark underground chamber and get trapped Evil_monster

Sounds kind of pricy to install that. Plus, they'd smell after a while. Do you really want your house to smell like Jehovah Witnesses?

[Image: notagain.gif]
07-09-2014, 07:23 PM
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Hello Sleepy

atheists .. !

I really can't imagine that you guys don't believe on the judgement day!!

Do you really think that all theses life, creatures, humanity .. are going to "nowhere"

and exist for nothing .. Only for the purpose of existence??

Then why is everything matching ?? The circle of life .. animals plants food ... etc

every creature has its own environment and necessities for living..

What about human brains .. how intelligent ! How did this happen?? could it possibly be by chance , natural selection, evolution... !!

I really would like to think about these stuff with you guys.. just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this?? I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??

Laughat

Well, sweetie - what risk would you like me to take? Shall I believe in all gods that are posited by the human mind? Else I should perish at the hand of any of these gods? Let's see. I think I will believe in the Christian God today, and then another god tomorrow, and then another god the next day. A god for every day of the week!!! Best not to place all my eggs in one basket, yes?

Let's be honest. You don't want to think about anything. You want to come here and get your brownie points with Jeebus. That is it. Move on. Sleepy

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
07-09-2014, 07:25 PM
(07-09-2014 07:14 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 07:06 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Maybe leave a trapdoor below my front door so when they knock it opens and they fall into my dark underground chamber and get trapped Evil_monster

Sounds kind of pricy to install that. Plus, they'd smell after a while. Do you really want your house to smell like Jehovah Witnesses?

Depends on what they smell like Consider

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
07-09-2014, 07:37 PM
Thor would tub thump Jesus' scrawny ass.

You mad.
07-09-2014, 09:20 PM
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  I really can't imagine that you guys don't believe on the judgement day!!

Well, *I* can't believe that a supposedly benevolent and compassionate god would deliberately revive the dead in order to hold them to account for their faults by subjecting them to unending torture. The benevolent and compassionate thing to do would be to allow them to remain dead and out of pain.

Quote:Do you really think that all theses life, creatures, humanity .. are going to "nowhere" and exist for nothing .. Only for the purpose of existence??

Yes. I think that existence in itself is precious enough without adding a vengeful god to the scenario.

Quote:Then why is everything matching ?? The circle of life .. animals plants food ... etc

It isn't "matching'; it's opportunistic. Hungry organisms eat whatever is available, or they die. In this manner, the surviving organisms and the available food supply tend to converge.

Quote:What about human brains .. how intelligent ! How did this happen?? could it possibly be by chance, natural selection, evolution... !!

Yes, I think that evolution via natural selection is the cause.

Quote:I really would like to think about these stuff with you guys.. just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this?? I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??

For one thing, I see no evidence that your "creator" exists. None at all. I see more evidence in favour of a totally natural and non-divine origins for life on Earth.

Secondly, even if there was a creative force at play, what makes you think that it's your god, or even a god at all? What if life was created by an unknown force that had absolutely no personality and absolutely no self-awareness?

Finally, I am not "taking the risk of disbelieving" -- I simply do disbelieve. In fact, I have never in all My 57 years on Earth believed in a creator-god. It is in My innate nature to question and to be skeptical of anything for which I have no evidence. I literally cannot believe in your alleged god, and I will not pretend to have belief where none exists.

If your god does actually exist, it should already know what would convince Me. No assistance from you is required, and so far your purported deity has been silent on the matter. (And no, I don't think the Qur'an is the work of a god. To Me it looks like a mash-up of Judaism, Christianity, Zoroastrianism, Greek medical textbooks, and pre-Islamic Arabic poetry, assembled by a committee many years after the death of Mohammed.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post