ok atheists think with me :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: ok atheists think with me :)
Since when did "believe in" become "believe on"? Oh, wait. I think I recognize it as church groupthink vernacular. It's in the same category as "we are told", "written on the heart", "think with me", "you guys", "it is written", "we believe", "science says", etc.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Once again we've approached the OP making one post and 5+ pages of replies Laugh out load

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
07-09-2014, 10:16 PM
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Hello Sleepy

atheists .. !

I really can't imagine that you guys don't believe on the judgement day!!

What you can or can't imagine is irrelevant to the truth.

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Do you really think that all theses life, creatures, humanity .. are going to "nowhere"

There's no evidence that we are going anywhere else.

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  and exist for nothing .. Only for the purpose of existence??

I don't have a problem with that. Why can't life be an end in itself?

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Then why is everything matching ?? The circle of life .. animals plants food ... etc

Usually when a sentence starts off with "then why" or "can you explain", it means there is an argument from ignorance coming. The answer is it all evolved together that way.

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  every creature has its own environment and necessities for living..

True.

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  What about human brains .. how intelligent ! How did this happen?? could it possibly be by chance , natural selection, evolution... !!

No, there is no chance in nature. It was the law of causality, entities acting in accordance with their natures and natural laws. Yes to evolution and yes to natural selection.

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  I really would like to think about these stuff with you guys.. just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this?? I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??

The reason is Shamma, that your creator god belief violate the principle of the primacy of existence. It contradicts reality. That's why I'm sure. Here is the argument in the form of a syllogism:

1. If existence has primacy over consciousness, then the universe was not created by a god.

2. Existence holds primacy over consciousness.

3. Therefore the universe was not created by a god.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
07-09-2014, 10:39 PM
(07-09-2014 09:51 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Once again we've approached the OP making one post and 5+ pages of replies Laugh out load

Why pass up a good straight line?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
07-09-2014, 10:56 PM
"ok atheists think with me"? She/he probably means........

"ok atheists think LIKE me. "

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-09-2014, 11:11 PM
(07-09-2014 03:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  I really can't imagine that you guys don't believe on the judgement day!!

Every day is Judgement Day silly.

What? Did they finally add Terminator 2 to Netflix? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
07-09-2014, 11:18 PM
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  and exist for nothing .. Only for the purpose of existence??

every living thing has one one real purpose and that is to ensure the continuity of life i.e survive and reproduce to perpetuate its own kind, animals don't even think about what happens after their dead, their trying to stay alive
the idea of an afterlife is probably came from the fear and curiosity of what happened after death

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Then why is everything matching ?? The circle of life .. animals plants food ... etc
every creature has its own environment and necessities for living..

this is the result of natural selection (and don't you dare say that natural selection pure chance)
each animal over successive generations evolve to better suit the conditions of their environment, that is why it appears to be all connected

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  What about human brains .. how intelligent ! How did this happen?? could it possibly be by chance , natural selection, evolution... !!
yes, yes and YES, natural slection takes traits that srise by chance (random mutations) and selects the best suited traits to be passed on to the next generation
I'll just leave this link here, the evolution of the human mind is not my area of interest
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_o...telligence

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  I really would like to think about these stuff with you guys.. just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this?? I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??

if you really want a reason not to believe, it IS the LACK of EVIDENCE,
in the past everything that happened was attributed to god
rain, lightning, earthquakes, etc etc, over time we learned how these things actually happen through the scientific method, in ancient times it was thought that diseases were caused by sinning, we now know its caused by micro-organisms, back then they didn't know about that

also read the bible seriously cover to cover, take notes of thing (features, rules, dates etc), and compare what they say after words or when you noticed some inconsistency
08-09-2014, 12:20 AM

What about human brains .. how intelligent ! How did this happen?? could it possibly be by chance , natural selection, evolution... !!

I don't believe we are that intelligent, really. Did you know the hardest thing the brain does is think, and so much of what we think is wrong (true). Also, because it's so hard for us to think, most of us never learn--to think that is.

I challenge you to ask people what they are thinking about: most will look confused, give a long pause and say, "I'm not thinking about anything" or they will say something, off the cuff, like, "I was thinking about dinner tonight."

More than that, I know we're not that intelligent because most human beings believe in myths and the supernatural.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
08-09-2014, 12:28 AM
Believing that flowers are painted because you don't understand how the natural vibrant colors emerge in the form of chemical compounds in the flower is an issue of fantasy vs reality

You believe in a fantasy. We are are trying to expose you to reality.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
08-09-2014, 12:39 AM

atheists .. !

I really can't imagine that you guys don't believe on the judgement day!!

Do you really think that all theses life, creatures, humanity .. are going to "nowhere"

and exist for nothing .. Only for the purpose of existence??

Then why is everything matching ?? The circle of life .. animals plants food ... etc

every creature has its own environment and necessities for living..

What about human brains .. how intelligent ! How did this happen?? could it possibly be by chance , natural selection, evolution... !!

I really would like to think about these stuff with you guys.. just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this?? I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??

One day you are going to die. You're going be buried or burned but your brain will be destroyed and along with it your mind, and your thoughts and dreams and hopes will end and that's a real tragedy. What you should find sadder however is that on that day, the day you die, the world will be a better place.
At least the worms can find a purpose for your grey matter and that's more then you can say.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post