ok atheists think with me :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: ok atheists think with me :)
(07-09-2014 05:02 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 04:41 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Ah, the usual Sunday afternoon drive-by.

I bet there's a Sunday school class where the teacher assigns one student every week to "go set those atheists straight." I'd guess about 5 extra credit points or so.....

Probably whoever gets the most points by the last Sunday of the month get's a pizza party.

At which the preachers gets them drunk and shags their asses
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2014, 05:02 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 05:08 AM by Fidel_Castronaut.)
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Hello Sleepy

atheists .. !

I really can't imagine that you guys don't believe on the judgement day!!

Odd that you can imagine such a fantastical thing like a 'judgement day' but yet can't comprehend that people might not believe in such a fantasy.

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Do you really think that all theses life, creatures, humanity .. are going to "nowhere"

and exist for nothing .. Only for the purpose of existence??

Strawman. I (for one) have no idea what happens to us when we die. Claims of factual, objective truth should be viewed very skeptically.

I also think that existance has the value that we ourselves put on it. Do I believe that some magical man in the sky 'made' us? No. Do I believe that we are thus without value because of that? No. Maybe you should ask us what we think instead of telling us?

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Then why is everything matching ?? The circle of life .. animals plants food ... etc

every creature has its own environment and necessities for living..

Except, you know, the overwhelming vast majoirty of animals that have died out and become extinct precisely becuase they didn't have all they needed to survive.

Other than that I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. That life, that can think and form thoughts on at least the concept of a deity, is evidence that said deity exists? If it is...that don't make no sense.

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  What about human brains .. how intelligent ! How did this happen?? could it possibly be by chance , natural selection, evolution... !!

Argument from ignorance. Argument from personal incredulity.

"I can't imagine another way how it could have happened so it must have been [insert god/reason]!"

That's not very compelling. There is a lot of evidence out there on evolution and natural selection. I presume you've probably not encountered it on any other site than perhaps creationist ones?

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  I really would like to think about these stuff with you guys.. just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this?? I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??

So, pascal's wager? Please don't insult us by posting nonsense that we've all seen and debunked before.

You want to argue PW? Try this:

[Image: aVSVQ.png]

[Image: oie_9101658pvlrOK2Z_zpsd5fb1967.png]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Fidel_Castronaut's post
08-09-2014, 05:21 AM
(08-09-2014 05:02 AM)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote:  

atheists .. !

Odd that you can imagine such a fantastical thing like a 'judgement day' but yet can't comprehend that people might not believe in such a fantasy.

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Do you really think that all theses life, creatures, humanity .. are going to "nowhere"

Strawman. I (for one) have no idea what happens to us when we die. Claims of factual, objective truth should be viewed very skeptically.

I also think that existance has the value that we ourselves put on it. Do I believe that some magical man in the sky 'made' us? No. Do I believe that we are thus without value because of that? No. Maybe you should ask us what we think instead of telling us?

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Then why is everything matching ?? The circle of life .. animals plants food ... etc

Except, you know, the overwhelming vast majoirty of animals that have died out and become extinct precisely becuase they didn't have all they needed to survive.

Other than that I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. That life, that can think and form thoughts on at least the concept of a deity, is evidence that said deity exists? If it is...that don't make no sense.

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  What about human brains .. how intelligent ! How did this happen?? could it possibly be by chance , natural selection, evolution... !!

Argument from ignorance. Argument from personal incredulity.

"I can't imagine another way how it could have happened so it must have been [insert god/reason]!"

That's not very compelling. There is a lot of evidence out there on evolution and natural selection. I presume you've probably not encountered it on any other site than perhaps creationist ones?

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  I really would like to think about these stuff with you guys.. just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this?? I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??

So, pascal's wager? Please don't insult us by posting nonsense that we've all seen and debunked before.

You want to argue PW? Try this:

[Image: aVSVQ.png]

Welcome Fidel, I've read many of your posts on the other site. Hope we make you feel at home.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
08-09-2014, 05:29 AM
Hey Full Circle, ditto. Notice a lot of faces on here from all around the internets (incl you).

I've lurked on TTA for a while, thought I'd make the plunge and start posting. Smile

[+] 2 users Like Fidel_Castronaut's post
08-09-2014, 05:30 AM
Shamma has a lot to read if s/he ever comes back. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
08-09-2014, 08:52 AM

atheists .. !

Do you really think that all theses life, creatures, humanity .. are going to "nowhere"

Then why is everything matching ?? The circle of life .. animals plants food ... etc

What about human brains .. how intelligent ! How did this happen?? could it possibly be by chance , natural selection, evolution... !!

I really would like to think about these stuff with you guys.. just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this?? I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??

You've come here without even bothering to understand the basics.

So bollocks to you...

Go away, read some science books and return with some decent questions and we might take the time to answer.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
08-09-2014, 09:17 AM
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  I really can't imagine that you guys don't believe on the judgement day!!

Well, if there is a judgment day, I bet that would count as verifiable evidence, in which case, yes, I would probably start believing. Until I get some verifiable evidence, I don't see much reason to believe.

Why should I believe there is a purpose? Without evidence for one, it seems odd to believe in it. Just because you, personally, prefer the idea to there being a purpose to there not being one doesn't mean that there is one.

I, personally, would prefer to win the lottery to not winning it. Does that mean that I won the lottery?

You're putting the cart before the horse. The whole notion of evolution is that the the species will evolve within its environment, and poorly adapted organisms will die out. So, the fact that everything fits so well within its environment is a point for evolution, not against it.

Yeah, basically. Being able to control your environment is hugely advantageous.

Because there is no evidence that God exists that doesn't require you to assume he exists in the first place. If you disagree with me, I invite you to show me some evidence that he exists without assuming his existence within your argument/evidence.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
08-09-2014, 09:32 AM
Dang. Like I have nothing better to do. But I think it's time for one of my nerd-papers on the long (interesting tho) development of the concept of immortality in Hebrew culture, (they did not believe in personal immortality until very late, if at all, in their history, and it's easy to demonstrate/prove ... so what is slapped by modern fundies as the current understanding was definitely not shared "back when"), Jewish Apocalypticism, how the Essenes fit into that, what was revealed about the subject in the Dead Sea Scrolls, and why it all changed. A "final judgement" was never a part of it. We know where that came from. Oh well. Teaching religionists about their cults. It is the job of atheists. Laughat Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-09-2014, 09:41 AM
(08-09-2014 05:29 AM)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote:  Hey Full Circle, ditto. Notice a lot of faces on here from all around the internets (incl you).

I've lurked on TTA for a while, thought I'd make the plunge and start posting. Smile

Don't I recall Shamma from AF? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
08-09-2014, 10:33 AM
(08-09-2014 09:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 05:29 AM)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote:  Hey Full Circle, ditto. Notice a lot of faces on here from all around the internets (incl you).

Don't I recall Shamma from AF? Consider

Just had a look but nada, unless they're posting under a different handle.