ok atheists think with me :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2014, 10:49 AM
RE: ok atheists think with me :)
(08-09-2014 01:54 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 05:02 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Probably whoever gets the most points by the last Sunday of the month get's a pizza party.

At which the preachers gets them drunk and shags their asses

I thought about going that route but I decided not to lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2014, 10:59 AM
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Hello Sleepy

atheists .. !

Hi there. Nice to chat.

Quote:I really can't imagine that you guys don't believe on the judgement day!!

Are you asking if we would believe in god if we saw him on "judgement day"? If you are, my answer is yes.

Quote:Do you really think that all theses life, creatures, humanity .. are going to "nowhere"
Yes.

Quote:and exist for nothing .. Only for the purpose of existence??
I do not believe in any overarching or innate purpose in life on Earth. However, purpose is something you can define and life for on your own terms. I live a purposeful life.

Quote:Then why is everything matching ?? The circle of life .. animals plants food ... etc
I don't think everything is matching. "Match" describes an exact copy. Living things are all different, so they don't match.

Could you clarify the question for me?

Quote:every creature has its own environment and necessities for living..

Some do, yes. Some are extinct, or on their way though, so that isn't always true. May I ask, so what?

Quote:What about human brains .. how intelligent ! How did this happen?? could it possibly be by chance , natural selection, evolution... !!

No. The human brain was not formed by chance or at random. No other creatures were either. Evolution is not random or by chance. If it were truly random, why would we not have randomly constructed bodies? Why is it that we happen to have bodies that conform to our needs through slight variation over time?

Quote:I really would like to think about these stuff with you guys.. just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this?? I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??

I would like to discuss and think about these things with you too.

I am not so sure. I don't know if there is a god. The evidence for Evolution is overwhelming, therefore I don't believe in a creator who creates out of nothing or ex nihilo. I don't believe there is a god either because I haven't been given a good reason to believe or even any evidence.

I am willing to believe, provided there are good reasons or evidence.

Choosing to believe without rational justification or evidence is a risk too. Everyone takes the risk of being wrong, and choosing god over no god doesn't mean you don't have a lot to lose. Sure disbelief might send me to hell if I am wrong. Belief might waste the only life you've got while hoping for an afterlife you won't ever see.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
08-09-2014, 11:44 AM
(08-09-2014 10:33 AM)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 09:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  Don't I recall Shamma from AF? Consider

Just had a look but nada, unless they're posting under a different handle.

That has happened before.
09-09-2014, 08:28 AM
thanx for your replies
09-09-2014, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 08:43 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(09-09-2014 08:28 AM)Shamma Wrote:  thanx for your replies

oh you are most welcome, I love educating the faithful. When you get to mine on the third page, grab a seat and a notepad, flesh it out, research and validate all those things that I have already validated and cited for you, then come back when you are ready to be deconverted from delusion. For if the stories weren't witnessed, and they were not, and the stories were not written by whom you think, and they were not, and no one who writes of jesus actually knew him, thus all myth and hearsay, then what are we even discussing? Smartass

Since the fictional book called the bible is so full of pseudepigrapha, interpolations, parables and allegorical writings, and whatever remains is highly suspect, do you wish to plead your case perhaps via subjective philosophical or logical means? ..or do you want me to dismantle the gospels for you as well as all writings of jesus to show the irrefutable fact that none of them knew him? Easy day if so, just let me know.

Big Grin

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-09-2014, 12:26 PM

No problem, darlin'! Just remember, smile and think positive! We could have been worse to you! Hopefully you found the answers we gave educationalDrinking Beverage

[Image: notagain.gif]
09-09-2014, 02:30 PM

That's it? "thanx for your replies"? Seriously?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
09-09-2014, 02:31 PM
AW: RE: ok atheists think with me :)
(09-09-2014 02:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  

thanx for your questions

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
09-09-2014, 02:52 PM
What was the point of your post? After numerous people paid you the courtesy of spending time on a reply, you're giving us nothing here. Not exactly good manners. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
09-09-2014, 03:00 PM
(09-09-2014 02:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  

And I said ooh eeh ooh ah ah ting tang Shamma Lamma Ding Dong.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post