Good job, team!

I hardly need to say anything.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
09-09-2014, 03:47 PM
RE: ok atheists think with me :)
(09-09-2014 03:45 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Good job, team!

I hardly need to say anything.

Is this where we pour Gatorade over your head?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
09-09-2014, 04:15 PM
S/he drove by so fast, it must have been in 6th gear. It was fun while it lasted though.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-09-2014, 04:20 PM
sigh....next

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
09-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Read on facebook the other day some bozo saying that DNA signatures were his proof of God's existence.
09-09-2014, 05:41 PM
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Then why is everything matching ?? The circle of life .. animals plants food ... etc

every creature has its own environment and necessities for living..

What about human brains .. how intelligent ! How did this happen?? could it possibly be by chance , natural selection, evolution... !!
There are thousands of scientists hypothesising, investigating, testing, re-testing, documenting on all this. The falsifiable theory of evolution matches all the data. The scientists are merely working out the finer details. It's an exciting field and discoveries are being made all the time. Your local library should have many books for which you can read and learn from.

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this??
There is no value in choosing to believe and thus ignoring plausible alternatives. The scientific method overcomes all the pitfalls in this approach to knowledge. Science is a method of discovery rather than choosing to believe in imaginative ideas.

(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??
There hasn't been a demonstrated risk with regards to disbelieving.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
25-09-2014, 11:39 PM
I just had a baby "c section" the previous month Big Grin

So cuz I'm soo polite Angel I couldn't leave you without a reply!

It was a hard month for me..

I like to understand people.. and go deep into their personalities !

So the best way to know why people become atheists is to ask atheists

Ohnestly I didn't read any of your replies sorry I couldn't !

I'll start now Tongue

and please forgive me if I didn't reply to you I don't have time Sadcryface although I'm sooo interested to discuss stuff with you guys.
25-09-2014, 11:47 PM
(25-09-2014 11:39 PM)Shamma Wrote:  ...
and please forgive me

You are forgiven, my child.

Thumbsup

26-09-2014, 12:31 AM
Quote:You'll need to define what you mean by "going nowhere" - if you mean that when you die that there is no afterlife, then you are correct, I don't think there is an afterlife. Once you die, you're dead. Why is that difficult to comprehend?

that's exactly what I meant Big Grin

it's difficult because ....... :roll eyes:

then why we exist?

For what purpose ?

Or is it also simply for the purpose of existence?

Are you 100% sure that people can't live forever? Do you know that someday you are going to die? Why not trying to survive from death?

Why no one claimed that he/she has the cure for death?

If you don't believe on god then you don't believe that we are here on earth to evolve and learn to be good people , better people.. but then we will all have to die and then return back tom death to be judged .. and thus of to hell or heaven..... then why not trying to live forever on earth .. why are people so convinced with their short limited life?

Why do people get old? and weak? and sick? Even if we lived healthy.. eat healthy never get sick.. sooner or later we all know that we are going to die.. why Sad

Quote:It's entirely possible that we exist simply because our existence is possible. Just as perhaps elsewhere in the universe, a planet within the goldilocks zone with the proper climate also harbors life that exists because its habitat is correct for life. Therefore, it would exist because its existence is possible.

Blink what?

So If we create the perfect atmosphere for let's say.. a "lion" .. Then a lion should be existed by itself or any natural phenomenon .. in this atmosphere!

That's difficult to understand and believe really..

If you prepare a birthday party .. and prepare all the things you need to make a cake.. and people who would eat it .. and plates and knife! Would a cake exist because it is now possible for it to exist Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin wooow !! I mean woooooow ...

Quote:
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Then why is everything matching ?? The circle of life .. animals plants food ... etc

You'll have to define what you mean by "everything is matching" - what do you mean by that exactly? The circle of life is far from perfect and can be incredibly unbalanced if it is modified as such. 99% of life to have ever existed is extinct and no longer exists. The universe is not a friendly place.

Define perfect! Huh

living things used to have all meanings of life .. food , habitats, etc.. Only the lack of their needs made them extinct and mostly because of our bad behaviors with nature.

Why does every disease has a cure in nature somewhere.. even cancer!

We don't know it's real cure .. but we know that it's there somewhere in nature .. and some people get cured by some herbs or some natural treatments..!

Quote:
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  every creature has its own environment and necessities for living..

They do? Ok.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_extinct_animals

You said that living things exist because it's possible for them to exist and now you say they didn't have their nessecities for living? Shocking then how did they exist from the beginning ...????

Quote:We are thus far the only species to be lucky enough to be the product of evolution that has allowed our brains to do this.'t other creatures have thus far. Although mammals are the only known species to evolve this way. If you want to know, ask a biologist.

And yes, it can be because of natural selection and evolution. You're here aren't you?

natural selection only happened back then?? Why it's not happening now?

I believe on natural selection don't get me wrong Tongue I just don't believe that natural selection can convert a specie into another!

Why we didn't evolve into another specie yet?? all those years.. since the age of pharaohs .. we didn't hear of any evolution happening to a human being and convert him into another specie!! :roll eyes: right?

Quote:
(07-09-2014 02:17 PM)Shamma Wrote:  I really would like to think about these stuff with you guys.. just give me reasons why would someone not believe on a creator for all of this?? I mean really what makes you so sure .. and take the risk of disbelieving ??

You're going to have to tell me what you mean by "risk of disbelieving" - there is no risk in disbelieving, to propose otherwise is known as "pascal's wager" and if you're going to propose that argument, then I'm going to ask you why you take the risk of disbelieving in a whole laundry list of gods just in case you're wrong about the one you worship. I mean, what if you're wrong about the god YOU worship and everyone else is right?

True!

That's why I ask questions all the time.. and research in all religions all the time..

Although I'm faithful to my god and religion .. I don't stop learning and searching.. and nothing yet convinced me more than my religion.. That's the truth I would like to live with and die with..

But now I understood why you don't worry about the risk of not being faithful Big Grin thanx
Quote:I don't need a god to explain the world around me. If I don't need a god to explain the world around me then it serves me no purpose to believe in one. It's literally that simple.

The need to something doesn't deny it's existence Big Grin

If you don't need your mother now.. that doesn't mean that she is not existed !

thanx Wink
26-09-2014, 12:39 AM
(26-09-2014 12:31 AM)Shamma Wrote:  Why we didn't evolve into another specie yet?? all those years.. since the age of pharaohs .. we didn't hear of any evolution happening to a human being and convert him into another specie!! :roll eyes: right?

You fail to understand how evolution works. It takes a very long time for something to completely change into another thing. Not just a couple hundred years but millions.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze