old fashioned values

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2013, 07:54 AM
old fashioned values
I'm seeking to acquire old fashioned values for my personality and being. I mean the pre Christian European values, of strength and power, manhood and independence, occasional necessary vengeance, hating your enemies, etc. And be a bad listener, trust yourself and your animal instincts, use your mind of course. Too much Christianity poisoned the European soul. the germans were the ones to oppose the roman empire. they were the ones to invent Protestantism. they were one of the main ones to become atheist now in Europe. they are free thinkers and hard workers. They hate circumcision. Also the Nordic norsemen. Too bad Christianity corrupted them. All this talk of love is poison. Their bible even says there is a time for all things, a time to love and a time to hate, a time to build up and a time to tear down (destroy), a time to kill and a time to heal. It's amazing how they don't see that, because Churchianity and culture causes their eyes to gloss over parts of their scripture, and moreover they think the later scripture trumps the former. Sometimes one's parents and family are one's enemies in life, even when they are friends in feelings and intentions. Enemies are those in the matrix as it were, which of course is just a useful metaphor. Freedom is the aim, for that we work and fight. To love is a gift we have to fight for. We have the right to work and to fight for economic independence and for objects of love. Arbeit macht frei. These values of working and fighting when necessary are old fashioned pre christian. Anyone who destroys your life or stands in your way is not your friend, he is your enemy. Know your place, know your role. Carpe diem.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2013, 09:21 AM
RE: old fashioned values
Most of today's values are not based on Christianity but mostly on reason. The humanist values we have today arose mainly as a "reaction" to religion. Many of them also preceded Christianity and were also far more progressive and important than "manhood" and "hate".

By the way, what does the Roman Empire have to do with Christianity? You do realize that the Romans played a very important role in preserving the Ancient Greek culture and values which are the basis for most of today's values, right?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
28-08-2013, 10:36 AM
I could cheer for you for thinking for yourself, appreciating the past, making the right decision and for being enthusiastic.
I could laugh at you for idealizing the past and reactionary values, and copying old stuff instead of creating your own, new values.

But I say this to you, there are eternal values, forever new, that are at the basis of every good philosophy, every good way of living. Criticize everything but these, once you get to them, you can not criticize them without undermining your very being. You can discover them in German, Viking, Christian or any other values, like discovering a diamond in a heap of dung. You need to understand these values, not to slap another label on you. Labels are only beneficial as long as they stay true to the true values that once inspired them.
28-08-2013, 12:34 PM
(28-08-2013 07:54 AM)viking Wrote:  Arbeit macht frei.

Yes, because that's the kind of thing you want to be saying with a straight face...

... this is my signature!
28-08-2013, 03:55 PM
(28-08-2013 12:34 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(28-08-2013 07:54 AM)viking Wrote:  Arbeit macht frei.

Yes, because that's the kind of thing you want to be saying with a straight face...

Why not?
I'd say the same for what I see there, "товарищ 大ἄρχων". No offence though Blush

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-