Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2012, 06:26 AM
our rights come from nature and god
I quote Paul Ryan:

"Or rights come from nature and god, not from the government."

He said that in a speech last night.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-08-2012, 08:30 AM
RE: our rights come from nature and god
clearly he is right. God told the government to look at nature and they made sure that everyone could have a gun.

as for the others they were nature inspired as well I just cannot seem to be able to remember what inspired them though.

Wink

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
13-08-2012, 08:58 AM
(13-08-2012 06:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  I quote Paul Ryan:

He got it 1/3 right.
Our rights are those agreed upon by the people. It's called the social contract.
We then form a government to protect, adjudicate, and enforce.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-08-2012, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2012 09:33 AM by Bucky Ball.)
The US is a signatory to the UN Charter on Human Rights. Our unalienable rights arise from being human, and our legal rights arise from common consent.

Mr. Ryan's god(s), and his personal interpretation of what is "natural", (or not) are irrelevant.
Mr. Ryan is no lawyer.

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

However we did just happen to notice that while calling Washington the "silly place", he seems to keep applying for jobs there. Consider

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-08-2012, 10:42 AM
(13-08-2012 08:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  

He got it 1/3 right.
Our rights are those agreed upon by the people. It's called the social contract.
We then form a government to protect, adjudicate, and enforce.

Yeah , that's how it's supposed to work......

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-08-2012, 09:15 AM

Mm yes - he says that all the time - it's his thing - he's the "ideology" guy of the GOP.

You know, someone else said the very same thing. That other clean cut Nationalist even made the cover of Time magazine - as Man of the Year, no less.
We live in exciting times, no? Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-08-2012, 09:52 AM
(14-08-2012 09:15 AM)kim Wrote:  

Mm yes - he says that all the time - it's his thing - he's the "ideology" guy of the GOP.

You know, someone else said the very same thing. That other clean cut Nationalist even made the cover of Time magazine - as Man of the Year, no less.

Can we assume there that you are referring to 1938?
Give is non-Yanks some clues please, cos it's hard to tell will the politicos you have over there.
Cheers

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-08-2012, 12:01 PM
(14-08-2012 09:52 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(14-08-2012 09:15 AM)kim Wrote:  Mm yes - he says that all the time - it's his thing - he's the "ideology" guy of the GOP.

Can we assume there that you are referring to 1938?
Give is non-Yanks some clues please, cos it's hard to tell will the politicos you have over there.
Cheers

I have no idea who the other person is. Kim?

Even my very devout friend agrees that nature and god are not responsible for human rights. She says that if god wanted to give out human rights, all peoples on the globe would have them. That is of course not the case.

14-08-2012, 12:02 PM
(14-08-2012 09:52 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Can we assume there that you are referring to 1938?
Cheers

[Image: Ohyou.jpg]

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
14-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Just a few interesting thoughts little Adolph had on his mind...

I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature.

Struggle is the father of all things. It is not by the principles of humanity that man lives or is able to preserve himself above the animal world, but solely by means of the most brutal struggle.

Success is the sole earthly judge of right and wrong.

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.

The great strength of the totalitarian state is that it forces those who fear it to imitate it.

The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category

What good fortune for governments that the people do not think.

Universal education is the most corroding and disintegrating poison that liberalism has ever invented for its own destruction.

Who says I am not under the special protection of God?