over and out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2013, 04:23 PM
RE: over and out
This is stupid.

I you want to leave then leave. No need to make a huge deal about it. No one is stopping you.

This forum was set up that way long before you came around. You actually came into it with less "rules". Only over the past year have the screws tightened over the "rules".

So, I don't get it. You entered into the forum with few rules... knowing this, you became an active member. Now, as rules have evolved, they're not "rule-y" enough for you, so you're leaving? Huh

It honestly sounds like someone is taking their ball and going home because they didn't get their way. Like Stark said, why are you trying to enforce your own set of standards and rules onto something that has already been established?

You can't please everyone, but the forum team will keep free speech a priority on TTA (while establishing balance in regard to free speech). This won't "magically" change. If you don't like this, I'm sorry... this is the foundation of the forum.

I never thought about what Stark said... but he's right. People who push their own agenda onto to others and condemn other people's way of thinking (in this case, governing) is bullying.

Saying you're leaving because of ______ or how _______ was handled and that you would do ________ differently is bullying. You're giving an ultimatum - do it my way or change it to my way or I'm out of here. This is is very much like the complaints I've seen over time on TTA in regards to how atheists are treated by theists. Same principle.

In the same way that I don't force my theism on you, the forum doesn't force it's free speech upon you. However, in the same way as my Christianity is a part of me and is present in me, is the same way that the forum's free speech is part of and present in it. If you cannot handle/do not like that, no one is forcing it upon you. You are choosing to interact with it... you've chosen to interact with it over a year; now, when it finally gets pushed to the forefront, you suddenly have a problem with it.

That's not fair, Leela. What you wrote isn't fair, and it's selfish.

In closing, I like you... we've had our spats, but you and Mal are cool in my book. No need to have a falling out over this, but you publicly shared grievances about me (since I've been a part of the FT for awhile), so I felt the need to defend us.

No one is stopping you from leaving... again, no need to make a big deal about your departure and kick up more dust.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
05-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Telling it like it is is not using someone as a punching bag. This is a common bully tactic. Turn it around and make yourself the victim. I get that you don't think you're being a bully. That doesn't change the fact that you are. It takes an adult, willing to admit their mistakes to be able to step back, look at ones own behavior, and recognize it. I suspect you will over time, since I have confidence that you are indeed a critical thinker. Hopefully you'll realize this when you take a break.

Go away. Don't go away mad. Don't go away hurt. Don't go away because you don't belong.

Go away because you are far too close to recognize your own actions as negative and selfish. And this advice goes for anyone who finds that this forum isn't the place for them. I have stepped back for exactly this reason. I need perspective. Funny thing is, in just a few days, I've gained a whole new perspective of this forum. Fortunately, the new forum team is interested in what's best for this forum instead of their own agendas. I commend them for this, and hope my leaving the admin position will steer this place away from any agendas I may have had, whether conscious or not.

Time to grow up people. This IS the place to talk about this. It IS serious. And this forum is NOT what you think it should be, it's a combination of what everyone thinks it should be.

.....but then, you know what they say about the squeaky wheel. I made the mistake of giving that wheel grease, and it was a downward spiral from there. My biggest mistake was succumbing to the pressure of the complainers (especially when I banned Red Celt, someone who really should be here) and started changing things to make the squeakers happy. Lesson learned.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
05-01-2013, 05:30 PM
*deleting whole post here*
ha... you know what. nvm... bye

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2013, 05:42 PM
(05-01-2013 04:43 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Time to grow up people. This IS the place to talk about this. It IS serious. And this forum is NOT what you think it should be, it's a combination of what everyone thinks it should be.

I tried to "like" again... for this reason. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
05-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Quote:And this forum is NOT what you think it should be, it's a combination of what everyone thinks it should be.

If the forum is a combination of what everyone thinks it should be, then how come when a number of members want certain changes they get told to shove off? Consider

So.. is it a combination of what everyone thinks it should be, just as long as that 'everyone' is the FT? Consider

*in before fuck you muffs go fuck yourself*

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
05-01-2013, 07:22 PM
K, muffs, you got me. I misspoke. What I should have said was, "I did my damnedest to make this a forum comprised of a little piece of each of us. I also think I had a pretty fuckin good run at it."

The forum team, as it is right now, has shown nothing. They JUST took over a few days ago. So if you're bitching about them being a good-ole-boys club, you got nothing. You have yet to see them work together in this capacity. If it's the "old" forum team, they are no more so quitcherbitchin.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
05-01-2013, 07:24 PM
(05-01-2013 07:22 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  K, muffs, you got me. I misspoke. What I should have said was, "I did my damnedest to make this a forum comprised of a little piece of each of us. I also think I had a pretty fuckin good run at it."

The forum team, as it is right now, has shown nothing. They JUST took over a few days ago. So if you're bitching about them being a good-ole-boys club, you got nothing. You have yet to see them work together in this capacity. If it's the "old" forum team, they are no more so quitcherbitchin.

Fuckin Earmuffs.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
05-01-2013, 10:13 PM
(05-01-2013 07:22 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  K, muffs, you got me. I misspoke. What I should have said was, "I did my damnedest to make this a forum comprised of a little piece of each of us. I also think I had a pretty fuckin good run at it."

By FT I meant you mostly. Got nothing against the new FT (or the old FT for that matter).

No one is denying "you had a good run", nobody (well me anyway) has anything personal against you or Erxy or anyone else. I know that when I'm asking for what I'm asking for it's nothing against your moderator or the way you handle things etc.. I think you have/had a good handle on things. I just thought a few things needed improvement and/or change in order to adapt to the "improving" and/or changing situation.

I dunno, I get the impression that things were taken personally, I know Erx certainly took some shit I said personally when he really should know better, and so things got blown right out of proportion, got heated on all fronts.

But yeah, nobody wanted you to step down Stark, we all like the way you run things just that a lot of us think it's time for a few changes and/or "improvements so that as the forum was coming to a new era, so could the rules.

Besides, "health issues" is the worst excuse ever. It's sitting in front of a computer and typing on a keyboard. If Johnny boy can post from a hospital bed, I'm sure you'll cope.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
05-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Health is a perfectly acceptable reason if the forum is affecting my mental health. I really do need to keep in a positive frame of mind right now.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 7 users Like Stark Raving's post
05-01-2013, 10:36 PM
(05-01-2013 10:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Besides, "health issues" is the worst excuse ever. It's sitting in front of a computer and typing on a keyboard. If Johnny boy can post from a hospital bed, I'm sure you'll cope.

Muffs, you're one of my favorite people here. You know that. Most people know that.

I've never said anything like what I'm about to say to anyone on this forum.

But...

Shut up. Just shut your mouth. You have no idea. Just no idea.

You need to reign in your tongue at times... this is one of those times.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 6 users Like kingschosen's post