over and out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2013, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 10:49 PM by Logica Humano.)
RE: over and out
(05-01-2013 04:43 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  .....but then, you know what they say about the squeaky wheel. I made the mistake of giving that wheel grease, and it was a downward spiral from there. My biggest mistake was succumbing to the pressure of the complainers (especially when I banned Red Celt, someone who really should be here) and started changing things to make the squeakers happy. Lesson learned.
The largest amount of complainers concerning Red Celt that I saw were many of the very same fucking people who composed the staff or the "old" members. So, if you want to look at complainers, start there, bitch*.

*That was for attacking Leela.

I seriously thought were passed this point. Apparently not. Consider

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
05-01-2013, 10:57 PM
(05-01-2013 10:42 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 04:43 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  .....but then, you know what they say about the squeaky wheel. I made the mistake of giving that wheel grease, and it was a downward spiral from there. My biggest mistake was succumbing to the pressure of the complainers (especially when I banned Red Celt, someone who really should be here) and started changing things to make the squeakers happy. Lesson learned.
The largest amount of complainers concerning Red Celt that I saw were many of the very same fucking people who composed the staff or the "old" members. So, if you want to look at complainers, start there, bitch*.

I did too.

However, people still feel compelled to start threads that continually pick at the scabs.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
05-01-2013, 11:01 PM
(05-01-2013 10:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 10:42 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The largest amount of complainers concerning Red Celt that I saw were many of the very same fucking people who composed the staff or the "old" members. So, if you want to look at complainers, start there, bitch*.

I did too.

However, people still feel compelled to start threads that continually pick at the scabs.
Sheesh. While I felt very upset with the way things were handled, I do not feel as though I should leave, but rather that it is my responsible to help this place.

While I do think Leela is overreacting, I do not think what she said or her reasons warranted anything Stark had to say.

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
05-01-2013, 11:03 PM
(05-01-2013 05:30 PM)Leela Wrote:  *deleting whole post here*
ha... you know what. nvm... bye

'cept for the Food forum right?

(05-01-2013 07:22 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  K, muffs, you got me. I misspoke. What I should have said was, "I did my damnedest to make this a forum comprised of a little piece of each of us. I also think I had a pretty fuckin good run at it."

Yup.

(05-01-2013 10:36 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Health is a perfectly acceptable reason if the forum is affecting my mental health. I really do need to keep in a positive frame of mind right now.

It's not clear to me that retaking the reins of this forum is not exactly what both you and us need right now. Your agenda was to have no motherfucking agenda. I concur.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
05-01-2013, 11:06 PM
(05-01-2013 11:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's not clear to me that retaking the reins of this forum is not exactly what both you and us need right now. Your agenda was to have no motherfucking agenda. I concur.
*licks lips and flutters lips, begins to sound like the Joker* B-b-but what if... This is just a proposition here... His agenda was to have to motherfucking agenda?

06-01-2013, 08:34 AM
ok I'll keep your spot warm Leela. Come back though. (^-^)/

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
06-01-2013, 09:03 AM
(05-01-2013 04:43 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Telling it like it is is not using someone as a punching bag. This is a common bully tactic. Turn it around and make yourself the victim. I get that you don't think you're being a bully. That doesn't change the fact that you are. It takes an adult, willing to admit their mistakes to be able to step back, look at ones own behavior, and recognize it. I suspect you will over time, since I have confidence that you are indeed a critical thinker. Hopefully you'll realize this when you take a break.

Go away. Don't go away mad. Don't go away hurt. Don't go away because you don't belong.

Go away because you are far too close to recognize your own actions as negative and selfish. And this advice goes for anyone who finds that this forum isn't the place for them. I have stepped back for exactly this reason. I need perspective. Funny thing is, in just a few days, I've gained a whole new perspective of this forum. Fortunately, the new forum team is interested in what's best for this forum instead of their own agendas. I commend them for this, and hope my leaving the admin position will steer this place away from any agendas I may have had, whether conscious or not.

Time to grow up people. This IS the place to talk about this. It IS serious. And this forum is NOT what you think it should be, it's a combination of what everyone thinks it should be.

.....but then, you know what they say about the squeaky wheel. I made the mistake of giving that wheel grease, and it was a downward spiral from there. My biggest mistake was succumbing to the pressure of the complainers (especially when I banned Red Celt, someone who really should be here) and started changing things to make the squeakers happy. Lesson learned.

Red Celt pissed on the carpet and shredded everyone's slippers, not to mention the big poop in front of the door.

Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2013, 09:06 AM
(06-01-2013 09:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 04:43 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Telling it like it is is not using someone as a punching bag. This is a common bully tactic. Turn it around and make yourself the victim. I get that you don't think you're being a bully. That doesn't change the fact that you are. It takes an adult, willing to admit their mistakes to be able to step back, look at ones own behavior, and recognize it. I suspect you will over time, since I have confidence that you are indeed a critical thinker. Hopefully you'll realize this when you take a break.

Go away. Don't go away mad. Don't go away hurt. Don't go away because you don't belong.

Go away because you are far too close to recognize your own actions as negative and selfish. And this advice goes for anyone who finds that this forum isn't the place for them. I have stepped back for exactly this reason. I need perspective. Funny thing is, in just a few days, I've gained a whole new perspective of this forum. Fortunately, the new forum team is interested in what's best for this forum instead of their own agendas. I commend them for this, and hope my leaving the admin position will steer this place away from any agendas I may have had, whether conscious or not.

Time to grow up people. This IS the place to talk about this. It IS serious. And this forum is NOT what you think it should be, it's a combination of what everyone thinks it should be.

.....but then, you know what they say about the squeaky wheel. I made the mistake of giving that wheel grease, and it was a downward spiral from there. My biggest mistake was succumbing to the pressure of the complainers (especially when I banned Red Celt, someone who really should be here) and started changing things to make the squeakers happy. Lesson learned.

Red Celt pissed on the carpet and shredded everyone's slippers, not to mention the big poop in front of the door.

Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

And, technically, Red Celt burned his own bridges and left the forum before he was banned.

Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
06-01-2013, 09:20 AM
I actually had no problem with Red Celt. And Erx is right, he left... his threatening words afterward in PMs was what got him banned.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
06-01-2013, 10:16 AM
(05-01-2013 10:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Besides, "health issues" is the worst excuse ever. It's sitting in front of a computer and typing on a keyboard. If Johnny boy can post from a hospital bed, I'm sure you'll cope.
That's crap, Muffy boy. No one knows what the hell's going on in people's lives and how it's affecting them. Ya' got no right to hold expectations of people based on comparisons with yourself or others. If ya' can't have a heart, at least zip it for awhile.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Percepticon's post