parents

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: parents
(24-04-2013 10:42 AM)Alex STL Wrote:  hello every one. thank you for your help. the posts weren't to late. i guess i should have provided that i am in college and don't get out of class until 4. it is nice to have a mom perspective. the thing that bothers me the most about this situation is that it was personal property that i paid for with money that i worked for, so on a moral stand point i feel like no one but me has the right to throw it away. right now i attend community college and have one more year until i transfer to a normal university and move out. as for laundry, i have no other choice but to let my mother do it because i am at school during the day and i work nights so by the time i get home it is too late to do laundry without waking every one up. thank you every one for your input.

Well, knowing that now... I can't tell you what you should do but here's what I would do.

I would live in my car or under a bridge and I would wash my own shit in the river before I would live with another adult who did not respect my property. It isn't as though a t-shirt is dangerous and as such, there is no reason for a rational, moral adult to steal and discard the harmless property of another adult.

It wasn't for the same minutia but I left my parents home at 16 due to a lack of respect and I've not been back since. You can do your own laundry if it's important enough to you. Wink

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2013, 05:14 PM
I'd just buzz the laundry over to a friend's house. She shouldn't have thrown it away (waste of money!) but if she doesn't like it you gotta hide it. I don't buy items like T Shirts that I treasure dearly, next time maybe buy a Atheist bracelet or necklace, you can hide those with more ease.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
24-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Take a parent's credit card number and get a couple of new t-shirts on-line.

Seems fair.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Quote:If you bring something into her house that she does not agree with, she has the right to get rid of it or deny it.

Pure Horseshit. Its his, and if he bought it, she has no right to throw it away. She may have the right to say "Hey, I don't like you wearing it" but she doesn't have the right to get rid of it.

Yeah, sure. Her house, her rules. However, its only fair that she at least make the rules fucking clear.

Also, if you fucking belittle me by throwing away my shit under the guise that its your house, and therefore you reserve the right to throw anything the fuck away that you don't like, you had better tell me before hand so I can move my shit from harms way.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
25-04-2013, 08:38 AM
(24-04-2013 09:17 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
Quote:If you bring something into her house that she does not agree with, she has the right to get rid of it or deny it.

Pure Horseshit. Its his, and if he bought it, she has no right to throw it away. She may have the right to say "Hey, I don't like you wearing it" but she doesn't have the right to get rid of it.

Yeah, sure. Her house, her rules. However, its only fair that she at least make the rules fucking clear.

Also, if you fucking belittle me by throwing away my shit under the guise that its your house, and therefore you reserve the right to throw anything the fuck away that you don't like, you had better tell me before hand so I can move my shit from harms way.

I never said it was fair or right or that I agree with it. I'm just saying how it is.

She doesn't need to make anything clear if she doesn't want to... she should... but she's not obligated to.

I wouldn't do that with my kids... but he isn't my kid. Apparently, his mom has different ideals and wants those ideals to remain as so as long as she has the power to do so.

She has the power to do so in her house.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]