pastor pucnhes kid who didn't take his god seriously

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2015, 03:35 AM
RE: pastor pucnhes kid who didn't take his god seriously
(13-01-2015 09:55 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  You know, stuff like this makes me want to start a fund to buy a billboard on the main road into their town. (Preferably, right over the county line, so that the people they've got on whatever council or board in their bailiwick are the wrong people.)

Something that looks like an advertisement for the church, with a big huge picture like that one of the pastor making a triumphant grimace and a fist. Maybe overlayed with two or three other pictures of happy, smiling, welcoming churchgoers, and maybe one of the church building itself.

The sign would read: "Come to Bible Baptist Church, where we teach the love of Christ through violently beating children."

Make sure to have a nice picture of the Pastor grinning like a maniac right after that line.

Too bad I don't know the first thing about how to do any of that.

find and hire an advertising agency to do it for you
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2015, 04:18 AM
These days you need mouth-guard piece before walking into a church
[+] 1 user Likes Typho2k's post
14-01-2015, 04:22 AM
(14-01-2015 04:18 AM)Typho2k Wrote:  These days you need mouth-guard piece before walking into a church

And ear plugs too.
14-01-2015, 04:31 AM
(13-01-2015 03:47 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I would give my left kidney right now to be able to meet this pastor, and beat him senseless with a bible....metaphorically speaking of course as I wouldnt want to post a violent opinion. Unsure

You're being far too kind GWG. That thing's too senseless as is.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
14-01-2015, 05:03 AM
(14-01-2015 04:31 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(13-01-2015 03:47 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I would give my left kidney right now to be able to meet this pastor, and beat him senseless with a bible....metaphorically speaking of course as I wouldnt want to post a violent opinion. Unsure

You're being far too kind GWG. That thing's too senseless as is.

[Image: The-bible-is-100-accurate-especially-at-close-range.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-01-2015, 07:39 AM
What's the statute of limitations on assault? Looks like it was 13 years ago and he's claiming that it was just the one incident...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/pastorpunch.asp

Quote:I deeply regret my actions of 13 years ago. I do not condone abuse in any form. I chose a very poor example from my past and very poor wording to describe it and deeply regret using it. By viewing the clip it is certainly understandable how outraged people are. I acted out in one moment many years ago, it is not how I believe people especially a pastor should act. My actions were not reflective of Christ and the teachings of the bible. I was wrong, there are no excuses to be made. I was forgiven by Ben many years ago and can only ask the same from my church, community and the world.

Why do I get the creeping feeling that he's only sort-of apologizing because of all the negative feedback and that he thought he'd be hailed as a hero for what he did?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
14-01-2015, 08:30 AM
I was kinda hoping he would double down. Say something like: "The solution to all the world's problems is to beat your kids! Beat the gay out of them. Beat the atheism out of them. Beat all the ungodliness out of them! Then they will become good Christians and vote republican. Who knows maybe one of them could even become president someday!" I think that should be his next sermon. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes thecontemplator's post
14-01-2015, 08:39 AM
(14-01-2015 08:30 AM)thecontemplator Wrote:  I was kinda hoping he would double down. Say something like: "The solution to all the world's problems is to beat your kids! Beat the gay out of them. Beat the atheism out of them. Beat all the ungodliness out of them! Then they will become good Christians and vote republican. Who knows maybe one of them could even become president someday!" I think that should be his next sermon. Laugh out load

They already exists, and they're just gut wrenching disgusting as you'd expect from people who advocate spanking infants and toddlers with rods. Angry

Preaching Virtue of Spanking, Even as Deaths Fuel Debate @ The New York Times

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-01-2015, 09:03 AM
Not even clicking on that. I'd rather not start my day with expletives because that's what I'd be doing as I watched >.<
14-01-2015, 11:49 AM
(12-01-2015 11:41 PM)Ace Wrote:  http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/pasto...d-serious/

the bastard said the kid was smart which made him dangerous

Sorry, I started a new thread on this topic before I knew that there was already a thread.Angry

My comment was that there is a thin line between Evangelical Christianity and Fundamentalist Islam. If not for the Constitution and documents coming out of the Age of Reason, this kid might have been punished for being an infidel by having his head chopped off (if he were Muslim) or by being burned at the stake (if he lived during the Dark Ages).

I believe that the Constitution (and related documents), though by no means perfect, are far superior to either the babble or the koran.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
[+] 1 user Likes 666wannabe's post