"pay it forward" facebook comment got on my nerves.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2016, 10:04 AM
RE: "pay it forward" facebook comment got on my nerves.
Much like Adrianime (though I love my caffeine!), I've never been in this particular situation (yet). I'm not sure what I'd do. My luck? The person behind me would either be making a coffee run for the office or buying for a group. At this point in my short life, I'm too poor to pay it forward in that situation.

My lifelong best friend/quasi-brother always donates to any and virtually all charities when we are out and about (one example: March of Dimes) together somewhere. Whenever I don't donate, he gives me grief over it! He makes damn good money working in the mines here in southwest VA, so he has the disposable income to do as he pleases. We always give each other shit about things, though, so that's run of the mill behavior.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes UndauntedToast's post
21-01-2016, 10:40 PM
RE: "pay it forward" facebook comment got on my nerves.
I feel the same about united way drives at employers. People guilting other people into giving.
I go out of my way to help others, it is just how it is for me. I realize that it is not always the best thing and is certainly not for everyone. Sometimes it can be fun, for sure. It is fun when it is spontaneous and a bunch of strangers just fix a problem and then leave.
The best story I have is when I was young, a friend and I were driving up to my house and saw a big evergreen tree on fire right up against the end of a house. It would have started the house on fire for sure. We drove in the driveway, grabbed the hoses and put it out before the fire department got there. It was all over in a few minutes and we were on our way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post