*peeks in* Helllo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2017, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2017 11:48 PM by Thatconservativeatheist.)
RE: *peeks in* Helllo
(04-02-2017 07:06 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  As noted, you're among several other conservatives, here. (I am not one of them.) And just as amusingly, each of them seems to be under them impression that they are a repressed, lone individual amid a horde of rabid heathen lib'rulls.

Welcome to TTA. If your conservative voice is a reasonable one, then I am glad to have you among us--echo chambers serve no one--and hope you find a home here. Smile

Honestly most of my interactions have in person or over the phone so that changes the dynamic. They wouldn't talk to me at all until right before the inauguration and then demanded I apologize or they would never speak to me again. So I need to find some new friends.

edit:because words mean different things.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2017, 11:21 PM
(04-02-2017 06:47 AM)Marozz Wrote:  Welcome!

Thanks!
04-02-2017, 11:21 PM
(04-02-2017 06:53 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Welcome!

Thanks!
04-02-2017, 11:40 PM
(04-02-2017 11:20 PM)Thatconservativeatheist Wrote:  ...
They wouldn't talk to me at all until right before the ingratiation

Laugh out load

Awesome!

Bowing

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
04-02-2017, 11:46 PM
(04-02-2017 11:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-02-2017 11:20 PM)Thatconservativeatheist Wrote:  ...
They wouldn't talk to me at all until right before the ingratiation

Laugh out load

Awesome!

Bowing

Blush oops Let's make that inauguration.
05-02-2017, 12:18 AM
(04-02-2017 11:46 PM)Thatconservativeatheist Wrote:  
(04-02-2017 11:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Laugh out load

Awesome!

Bowing

Nope. You had it right the first time.

Sycophancy is going to be a hall-mark of this administration.

Or should I spell that 'psycho-fancy'? ... i.e. malignant narcissism (we have a thread on-going about that).

Anyway, don't worry about the whole 'conservative' thing. Anyone who has read the stuff by Jonathan Haidt regarding 'moral foundations' or even studied Brit politics since empire, will know that both sides of centre are required to maintain equilibrium...
... not just in societies but also for an individual.

Example (from my field): A business needs creative innovators, who tend to be more liberal (less rules driven), to maintain competitiveness. They also need stability ... conservative minded people who can manage stuff effectively and efficiently... which requires rules and norms.

It's the age old challenge of responsiveness vs. stability (agility vs. balance) ... to at the same time change everything and change nothing.

It's when either side becomes authoritarian (often supported by some divinity) that things get nasty.

This is not a conversation for the Introduction section (better in Philosophy or Politics) but this is what confuses the heck outta me about US political rhetoric ... the supposed conservatives resist change (by definition) but also want to deregulate (causing instability / increasing competition and innovation) whereas the alleged liberals are painted as 'big government' regulators.

Seems arse over tit to me.

But then...
Fahrenheit
Inches
Pounds
Red vs. Blue

"We'll keep the Red Blue Flag flying here" Huh

Nah! Something's amiss.

Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
05-02-2017, 01:20 PM
(04-02-2017 02:01 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Or Carnivagitarian. Not to be confused with CarnalVegans! Tongue

[Edit] I'm keeping that misspelling on Carnivagitarian! Laugh out load It works!

Wait, I thought "carnivagitarian" meant bisexual. Angel

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
05-02-2017, 01:23 PM
(04-02-2017 11:46 PM)Thatconservativeatheist Wrote:  
(04-02-2017 11:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Laugh out load

Awesome!

Bowing

Leave it alone goddamit! It's perfect just the way it is. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Hi. I love introductions threads like this one, I get to know the community better just by seeing them respond to newcomers.

I hope you enjoy it here. I feel like anyone can do their own thing on the Internet. If you stick with this community, I'm sure you'll fit right in and they'll love you here, no matter your disagreements with certain parts of the membership over some issues. It's all about simpler things. You know? Being nice is a good start.

I'll take one author's advice on how to be successful in a certain domain, and transform it for these purposes. I think there are three good qualities to have. Entertaining, smart and nice. If you get two out of three, right, you're good to go. My personal favorite dual combination is entertaining and smart - kind of hard to maintain though.
05-02-2017, 01:40 PM
(04-02-2017 11:03 PM)Thatconservativeatheist Wrote:  Carnivorous plants are interesting, I'd rther stay away from them though.

Ever had your toes sucked by a venus fly trap?

#sigh